* Author Topic: ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, BFN. FET, BFN. ICSI 3 - BFP! Twins!  (Read 29808 times)

0 Members

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
Work
« Reply #10 on: 21/01/16, 09:53 »
I've had a really good year career-wise and I've just signed a six month contract with a new team. I'm lucky that most of my work is remote so I can work from home most of the time and rarely go into an office, this will help out massively when it's time to start treatment.

The only potential problem is that when I do go away for work, it tends to be at short notice and at least a week at a time. I'm not planning on telling the people I'm working with about my treatment - it's quite a cold working environment where even the women with children don't tend to gush over them or take more than three months off maternity leave. I've also regularly overheard conversations on this team (mainly by women!) who say that once women have babies they loose their 'edge.'  ^swear^

I need the money so have to make it work with this team, hence me keeping scthum!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    CMV - still active :(
    « Reply #11 on: 8/02/16, 10:01 »
    I had my CMV test re-done two weeks ago as my original test came back as positive and active (positive isn't a problem, active is). The nurse said it normally takes a few weeks to pass through your system, so I should have been fine by my re-test date.

I had the re-test results back Friday and it is STILL bloody active! The receptionist couldn't tell me why or what that meant for me, someone is supposed to ring me today to talk about the results.

The rational part of my brain is telling me that waiting another few months is no big deal, when we've been waiting three years so far - but the rest of my brain is screaming JUST SHUT UP AND GIVE ME A BABY!

The annoying thing is that there's nothing I can do to flush the virus from my system, no vaccines, medications or treatments. I've been making sure I take my vitamins, exercising and keeping my diet healthy(ish!). I'm also now irrationally worried that because the virus was supposed to be gone by now, it's now indicative of an underlying health condition that I'm not aware of. This is why women like me, feeling desperate, should not be allowed access to the internet. I Google myself into a spin and convince myself of all sorts.  ^idiot^

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    Finally!
    « Reply #12 on: 27/04/16, 11:20 »
    Finally got the call I've been waiting for - after months and months of positive (active) CMV tests, I have a negative! That means my profile will now go live and we need to wait for a match.

Over the moon is an understatement!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    First time egg sharing & ICSI
    « Reply #13 on: 5/05/16, 10:03 »
    8 days since my profile was offered and not a whiff of interest. I spend every day now with my phone permanently attached to me hoping for a phonecall.

I am so, so glad that there is a time limit on how long I will wait for a match, if I'm not matched within 12 weeks they will proceed with the cycle and just freeze the other half of my eggs. So worst case scenario - I have 78 days to go!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 17/07/16, 09:57 »
    Wow, it's been a while since I updated my diary. It's crazy that though not much has happened, it finally feels like progression.

After waiting 12 weeks, we are now ready to egg share. We've been to our first treatment planning appointment, decided on a protocol and signed more consent forms than I ever thought possible. We were told to take the consent forms away and bring them back when they were completed, I initially found that quite frustrating as i wanted to get it over and done with, but the nurses were right, you need the extra time. Me and my hubby had already discussed everything we thought we needed to discuss, but there were so many more things to talk about that we had considered.

What happens if he dies, can I still use his sperm? Can he still use my eggs?
    Can my eggs and embryos be used for research and training?
    Do I want the recipient to know the outcome of my treatment and do I want to know hers?
    What message would you like to be passed on to any children born as a result of your donation?

I thought we'd sign some forms and be done, but it resulted in deep, deep conversations and many, many tears while I write the goodwill message. The entire experience was harrowing, but a brilliant way of making sure you are ready for this journey!

Now we are waiting for day 21 to start downregging, though I know all the stress is still to come, I'm grateful to finally be at the point where we can cycle.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    Two weeks until day 1
    « Reply #15 on: 24/07/16, 10:27 »
    Two more weeks until I start downregging, I never thought I'd be excited to stab myself everyday! My original plan was to have my hubby do the injections, but now that is coming closer to reality I've changed my mind. IVF is an uncontrollable situation, so I'll keep hold of what little control I do have!

We have our injection training in a few days time, over the moon to finally be taking positive steps forward.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    Down regulation - day 5.
    « Reply #16 on: 9/08/16, 10:18 »
    Sorry I've been a bit lapse with this diary. I need to make an effort to update more regularly.

In our injection training appointment a few weeks ago it was decided that we are doing a long protocol. This meant that the day of my next period was day 1, and on day 21, we would start down regulation. I'm down regulating with a 50ml daily injection of Suprecur, which many people refer to as Burselin.

I was so nervous about the injections, much, much more nervous than I thought I'd be. After a minor freakout, I injected myself and... nothing. I mean absolutely nothing. I didn't even feel the needle going in! There was a tiny stinging sensation as the drugs were pushed in, but it was practically nothing. Since that first injection I've been super chilled about the injections and will even go as far as saying that I look forward to them!

I'm now on day 5 of down regulation. I've heard a lot of ladies on these forums suffering with the dreaded bursilin headaches, but so far I'm really lucky that I haven't had them. I'm also chugging down litres of water a day to try and keep them away. The only really symptom for me so far is my boobs really hurt and have grown considerably. I've put a sports bra on today under my shirt and that seems to be helping a bit.

I had made a decision to stop exercising completely throughout my cycle, but I've changed my mind today. I was starting to feel a bit sluggish so did a 20 minute HIIT session this morning, and straight away I feel better! I'll have to stop when we get to stimulation stage, but for now I'll do something every other day just to keep myself active.

I'm going out for a work meal tonight, I'm a little nervous at having to do my injection in the toilets of the restaurant. It's not actually doing the injection I'm worried about, more sneaking off for 10 minutes without someone well meaning coming to the toilets with me for a chat!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 14/08/16, 19:55 »
    I'm still downregging, haven't got my first baseline scan until the 22nd. That would have seen me DR for 18 days - I know I'm on long protocol, but it does seem much longer than everyone else! I'm feeling pretty ok, just absolutely shattered and eating everything in sight. I'm mainly making healthy choices so I'm going with it, my theory is that I'm putting my body through something difficult - so if it's telling me I need to eat or sleep, I'm going to listen to it!

Lots of women talking about acupuncture, it doesn't appeal to me but I wanted to do something to relax myself so I went and had a facial on Friday afternoon. It was brilliant! 45 minutes of being completely pampered and my skin is so much better. I wonder how many spa treatments I can get away with having before my husband intervenes?  ;D

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 15/08/16, 12:02 »
    I am so grumpy and snappy today, I hate it.

I've so far managed to use my common sense and not snap or shout at anyone, but only because I'm keeping myself to myself today. I work from home and my husband walked in the room and asked if I wanted to take a lunch break with him this afternoon? I said yes, that would be lovely, but I'm thinking, NO! HOW DARE YOU TRY AND MAKE ME EAT LUNCH ON YOUR SCHEDULE INSTEAD OF MINE.

I know how ridiculous that is, hence me biting my lip and keeping schtum.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 19/08/16, 13:40 »
    Down regulation day 15.

Feeling much better physically today, AF arrived and normally that makes me feel horrible, but weirdly it seems to be relieving some of my side effects. Boobs are almost back to normal, bloating has decreased and I'm no longer super tired and shivery all the time. Totally bizarre!

I'm still snappy and have this lingering headache, but it's manageable at the moment. Baseline scan next week and hopefully we'll be moving onto stimms. Fingers crossed!

x