* Author Topic: ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, BFN. FET, BFN. ICSI 3 - BFP! Twins!  (Read 29807 times)

0 Members

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Stimms day 4

Iím a convert to guided meditation. I did it first thing upon waking, as soon as I got home from work and last thing at night. The good news is that I didnít even hear the end (or the middle!) last night as I fell asleep. Not sure if thatís the goal, but I was obviously relaxed!

Iíve just booked my first reflexology appointment for after work today. I did say this was my kitchen sink round, Iíve got loads of addition meds, plus Iím trying all this holistic stuff. If it chills me out, it canít hurt eh?

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Stimms day 5

Itís just gone 3am and after a few hours of very restless sleep I am now wide awake. When do I decide to abandon the idea of sleep completely and just get some work done?

Reflexology was amazing, Iím definitely going again. Donít know if there are any real benefits, but I was super relaxed and now my feet are soft - so Iím happy with that! She claimed she could feel a lot going on in my ovaries and said my right shoulder was Ďcrunchy.í 😳 It was £50 for an hour, so quite pricey - but I suppose compared to a round of ICSI itís nothing!

Iíve got a monitoring scan this afternoon. Fingers crossed for growing follicles. I hate this nervous waiting bit!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Monitoring scan done, everything is as it should be so far! Woot woot.

Still feeling really sick, but forcing myself to eat, purely to get enough protein down me!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Stimms day 6

Forced myself to eat three meals and drank 5 pints of water and I feel so much better this evening.Fingers crossed the sickness is gone!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Stimms day 8

All good at my scan this morning. Everything growing steadily, clinic said today that in previous cycles my dose has been put up and down repeatedly, and this time they are trying to keep everything steady. Was nice that the nurse said they can do this with me because they know Iíll listen and drink water, eat protein etc.

Feeling much better, been really hungry today so far - getting back to normal! Stomach is a bit crampy, but nothing too bad. Only thing Iím struggling with is work as I keep having to take time off. Thursday is my last day for two weeks, canít wait!

EC is looking like itíll be Saturday or Monday. Not too much longer now.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Bloated, crampy, cranky and feel like I canít bend in half! Hopefully these are all good signs that Iíve got lots of follicles. Scan tomorrow morning, so not much longer to wait!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Stimms day 10 (I think!)

Another appointment this morning, all looks good. My one ovary has gone a bit nuts and declared Ďfollicles for everyone!í 😂 So now itís a balancing act between not letting the mature follicles get too far ahead, but letting the other ones catch up so theyíll be mature enough to use.

Clinic are calling me this afternoon to let me know next steps. They have kept such a close eye on me to make sure I donít get OHSS. Iíve been eating about 60-70g of protein a day, plus at least 2 litres of water (usually more). The nurse today said I need to be reaching 100g of protein a day, so Iím stepping it up a gear today! Already done 60g and itís only now lunch time.

Also going to buy some smart water, as my obsessive Googling has shown me that this contains electrolytes which reduce OHSS chances again.

A day and a half left in work and then Iím freeeeeeee!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Last day in work today, yippee! Iíve never taken time off work for a cycle before, so this is novel.

Egg collection will be this Saturday, Iíll have a phone call this afternoon to let me know what time to do my trigger. I think thatís tonight if I remember rightly. Iím panicking because Iím working away this week, so my trigger injection is in a fridge 5 hours away from where I am now. Planning on finishing early today so I can get back early evening just in case. The clinic probably wonít call until 4-5pm, so I need to be pre-emptive! I donít normally get back until around 11pm, and if Iíve worked it out correctly the earliest Iíd need to do the trigger is 8pm, so I need to leave work much earlier than normal.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Egg collection day.

Iíve been up since 4am, this is my 3rd EC but I still feel nervous. My husband flew in last night, so glad he is here because weíve been apart for 10 days.

Will update this afternoon. Please, please let us get good quality and a decent quality.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

18 eggs!

Iím over the moon. Couldnít have gone better. Praying now for fertilisation and good egg quality.

x