* Author Topic: ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, BFN. FET, BFN. ICSI 3 - BFP! Twins!  (Read 29809 times)

0 Members

Offline Cowshedbythesea

6+3

Iíve turned into a crazy, obsessive person overnight. I couldnít tell you what has changed, but I convinced myself that something was wrong at about 1am and that I needed to go to hospital. There is quite literally, nothing different from any other day.

Iíve woken up still feeling panicked, but ever so slightly more rational.

Waiting for this scan is pickling my brain! 13 more days to go...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cowshedbythesea

6+5

Iím still feeling panicky, though not as much as when I posted two days ago. I range from Ďwhy is my back hurting? Something is wrongí to Ďwhy isnít my back hurting? Something is wrong.í

You can replace the word back with boobs, head, shoulder - pretty much every part of me.

Still have to wait until a week Monday for our early scan. I range from being excited and hoping for two, to feeling like I imagined the two positive pregnancy tests and this whole thing is in my head.

Iíd be worried about my thought process if it wasnít for this site and others like it. One quick Google search showed me that pretty much every IVF/ICSI lady waiting for their first scan has a similar thought process!

Gotta go, 6 working days left of my contract in a London. Then Iím freeeeeeeeeeeeee!

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

7 weeks pregnant

My boobs donít hurt as much (thought they are still huge) and Iím much less bloated. Got into a panic yesterday morning and did a pregnancy test, two very strong lines came up straight away which made me relax ever so slightly.

Itís frustrating because if it wasnít a bank holiday my first scan would be this Monday, but we have to wait until a week Monday instead.

If all is going well, baby/babies are the size of a blueberry now and are developing brain cells. Please be healthy and safe my little blueberries, please please please.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

7+2

Last night at about 11am, I started feeling really nauseous. Then promptly threw up my dinner.

Obviously I donít want to be sick, but part of me is really pleased. Itís an indication that something is still progressing.

One week today till my scan.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

7+4 (not 7+3 like Iíd calculated!)

Downloaded the pregnancy+ app and realised Iíd been working out my dates wrong, so Iím actually 7+4.

Threw up once Sunday, twice yesterday and once this morning. Now sitting in work with my head swimming, thinking that vomit comit number two isnít too far away.

I bought some anti-sickness bands from Boots yesterday which helped last night (no sick, ate all my dinner and had a snack!) - only problem is they are huge, so I canít wear them in work without everyone knowing.

Never mind, only 4 days left, then this contract is finished and I can work & vomit from home. Tuesday today, scan is Monday - woot woot!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

8 weeks

Itís nearly 3am and Iíve just had my first experience of being woken in the middle of the night by morning sickness. Not pleasant. Also have a headache that feels like a hangover, but Iím probably just dehydrated because of all the vomiting.

Until yesterday, I would feel better by 2/3pm - but that theory went out the window.

I think I could cope with the symptoms if I wasnít trying to put up a front at work. Iím a consultant and Iíd like to be invited back at some point, so I canít show any weakness. Anyway, today is the last day of my contract, my next contract is work from home which will make things so much easier.

Just need to get through the weekend now and make it to our first scan. Iím so nervous, but the morning sickness is helping me keep positive! At least that means something is happening in there.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

8+2

Scan tomorrow! Itís been nearly a month since I found out I was pregnant, since then Iíve seen no-one and had no tests of any sort. Praying that everything is developing as it should be.

Yesterday I stopped being sick, and because Iím a paranoid mess that is really worrying me. Iím still feeling nauseous and gagging when I go to the loo, but I wasnít sick at all. Itís a weird brain battle between being gutted that Iím ill and gutted that Iím not ill.

At least tomorrow I can stop guessing and have some facts.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

8+3

TWINS! Itís twins!

Happy is an understatement. I am over the moon, canít stop crying, life will never be the same again, we are thrilled.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

9+3

Well, weíve had a week to let the news that itís twins sink in - and I must say Iím still just as excited and happy. I know itís going to be hard work, but it really is a dream come true.

The twins are two separate embryos, so theyíll be non identical and could be different sexes. They had perfect heartbeats and were measuring one day behind their gestational age - which is normal at this stage.

My favourite nurse did the scan, she was wonderful. She said Ďeverything is fineí really quickly, at which point I started whooping. Then with a big smile on her face, she said Ďitís twinsí. At that point I started ugly crying like youíve never seen before...

I looked up and my husband was crying and so was the nurse! It was such a beautiful moment, and one Iíll remember forever.

In the week since the scan weíve had a break for a few days in a caravan by the sea and travelled back home. Weíve talked loads, mulled over names, written lists and looked at twin prams. Itís been amazing.

Next scan is in a week. Keep growing little ones, we love you so much already.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Me: Vomits loudly and violently for 10 minutes.

Husband: "Fancy a curry tonight?"

^bigbad^