* Author Topic: ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, BFN. FET, BFN. ICSI 3 - BFP! Twins!  (Read 29763 times)

0 Members

Offline Cowshedbythesea

9+6

After two days of the WORST morning sickness you can possibly imagine, I've woken up today feeling good, hungry and full of energy.

Cue mild panic as to where my sickness has gone and why it has vanished so suddenly. This has happened a few times in the past month, so I'm trying to enjoy the respite, eat and paint my living room. I know by this afternoon I'll probably be vomiting again!

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cowshedbythesea

10+4

Scan this morning, I am so scared.

Me and hubby talk about the babies all the time, they are part of our life already and I feel so much love for them it’s overwhelming.

Please be healthy and strong babies. Please.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

10+5

Appointment yesterday was amazing. Both measuring exactly on their gestational age, lovely heartbeats and lots of movements. It was so weird, they were stretching their arms, hiccuping and swimming around! Was crazy - wasn’t expecting to see that.

Weirdly, it was a more enjoyable experience this time. I think last time I was so emotional and overwhelmed, I didn’t really take anything in. This time I was much calmer and the nurse spent ages doing the ultrasound so we took everything in. It was such a beautiful experience.

It was our last appointment with our clinic, which felt really strange. They have been so incredible, so supportive and genuinely cared about us, our wellbeing and our outcome. Feels so odd now that we are on our own and handed over to the NHS.

Morning sickness came back with vengeance 2 days after I said it was gone. I get the odd day or half a day of respite, otherwise I tend to be physically sick a lot until after lunch - then be better in the evenings.

I had a relatively good day yesterday and really fancied a carvery, so we went out for one and it was amazing. The most I’ve eaten (and kept down) in a month, plus the only time I’ve eaten vegetables in weeks.

Hoping that now I can’t start eating healthier and drinking more water if the worst of the morning sickness is behind me.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

11+2

Told a couple of friends the news over the past few days, the differences in reactions between men and women are hilarious!

Women: Oh my god! How wonderful! Congratulations! How sweet! They'll be so cute! You'll make great parents!

Men: Well, your life is over now.

;D

Offline Cowshedbythesea

12 weeks

Can't believe we are at the 12-week mark already, our first NHS scan is on Thursday, so in my mind, I won't be past the first trimester until after that. I hate the fact that hubby isn't coming to this scan, though my Mum is so excited that it will help.

Morning sickness is better than it has been, but still here. At least now I only tend to actually be sick in the mornings. This morning was particularly horrible, and it's left me feeling drained all day. I have a rare night to myself tonight at least, cwtched up on the sofa watching The Crown and cuddling the cat. Just cooking myself some plain pasta in an attempt to get rid of the nausea and headache that are pretty strong at the moment.

I've got a proper little bump now, I'm completely in love with it. I'm sure to everyone else it looks like I've just had a big dinner, but I'm a bit obsessed with it! None of my trousers fit, so I bought a pair of maternity jeans. It's a bit early in the day to be wearing maternity clothes, but they are so comfy - I'm happy. Hubby actually said to me last night while I was getting changed for bed 'your belly is bigger than your boobs now!' Luckily I thought that was hilarious, but he looked frightened for a minute after he said it - as if he didn't know how to react!

House renovations are similarly coming along nicely, and a complete disaster. The kitchen/living room is nearly done - but my father tried to 'help' us repair the ceiling in the hallway, and has now gone home leaving an enormous hole - with seemingly no intention of coming back to repair it! I'm going to have to hire a builder I think to sort out what he's left us with. Not what we need at the moment!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

12+3

Had a scare today. Started bleeding and cramping around midday. I was home alone.

1. Rang antenatal clinic, who told me they couldn't see me without an urgent referral from my GP.
    2. Rang GP, who told me there was no point referring me as my appointment was in 2 days.
    3. Went to A&E, waited for 3 hours, they took my blood and a urine sample - but said anyone that could scan me was in a meeting, and someone would ring me tomorrow.
    4. Called my private IVF clinic, who told me to come straight over, scanned me within minutes and didn't even charge me.

Babies were both wriggling and had good, strong heartbeats.

I have cried so much today, and even though I now know that they are fine, I still can't stop crying.

Thank god for my clinic, I don't know how I'd cope otherwise.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

12+5

The only good thing about waking up at 5.30am with morning sickness? Going back to bed, guilt free, with a cup of tea and a pack of ginger biscuits!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

13+1

HELLO SECOND TRIMESTER!

Very excited to be able to say that, 1/3 of the way through the pregnancy is amazing.

I had my first NHS scan yesterday, everything went really well. Babies were healthy, wriggly and growing.

I told my 6 year old twin neices about the pregnancy yesterday, they were hilarious.

The twins “So you are having two babies?
    Me: “Yeah.”
    Twins: “I thought you didn’t want babies.”
    Me: “Why did you think that?”
    Twins: (As if I’m stupid) “Because you haven’t got any babies!”

Things are so simple when you are 6 😂

Had a small amount of bleeding in the middle of the night, stayed calm this time as the clinic warned me that this could happen again. Thankfully, it was gone by this morning.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

14+3

I had 4 days nausea and sick free, so officially declared my morning sickness gone. Then yesterday I fancied some chicken and chips in a restaurant (I've been completely off meat for over a month), and within an hour was vomiting like there was no tomorrow. I hoped it was just a reaction to eating meat after such a long time, but I woke up this morning and barely made it to the loo in time to be sick, and have been feeling nauseous since. It's definitely on it's way out, but I suppose it's not an exact science! I'm struggling more with the tiredness at the moment, I need a couple of hours sleep during the day every single day in order to function properly. I've noticed that on the days I don't allow myself a nap, I sleep much worse in the nights.

I've got a proper little baby bump now, I'm completely and utterly and in love with it. It's starting to get quite noticeable, I can't wait to see how it'll grow throughout the rest of my pregnancy!

Next week I have an appointment with the community midwife (no idea what for), and an appointment with the Consultant in the hospital to do a medication review. Next scan isn't for another 4.5 weeks, I've never had such a big gap between scans before so it makes me a bit nervous to wait, but wait I will!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

17+4

To catch up, the community midwife appointment was about 4 minutes long, she took my blood pressure and a urine sample, asked how I was feeling (I said awful, still vomiting every day, lower back pain and light headed) she said - ah well! Then off I went on my merry way ::)

The consultant appointment was supposed to be for a medication review, I was expecting to be in there for 10 minutes maximum - but I was there for nearly 2 hours! I knew my scans in advance, so I had booked a flight leaving a few hours after my appointment and was not due back to the UK until a few days before my 20 week scan. Then the consultant says 'ok, I want you back next week for a scan, then I want to scan you every 2 weeks from now on.'

Honestly, my face was a picture.

1. I'm self-employed, and every time I take a day off it costs me hundreds of pounds.
    2. I had planned my trip perfectly, and after 7 months away from my husband - I had been counting down the seconds to being back under the same roof.
    3. No-one had ever said anything about scans every 2 weeks.

I told the consultant my concerns, and she vanished for 45 minutes - before coming back and saying 'never mind, we only need to see you once a month now.'  ^idiot^

I think she thought that I was having identical twins initially, and that's why she was insisting on fortnightly checks. She checked the heartbeats with a doppler, and all was well. One thing that worried me though is when I told her I was leaving to fly to France, she started telling me about how flying while pregnant increased my risk of miscarriage and she didn't recommend it. I told her that I'd taken 14 flights since I'd been pregnant (I work abroad!), she didn't look impressed.

I was completely freaked out by the time I left the hospital and wondering if I should be calling my husband and telling him I wasn't coming, or looking at driving over instead. I did some research online (medical journals, not forums and blog posts) and couldn't find a single shred of medical evidence that flying in the second trimester increased your chances of miscarriage. I want to put my blind faith in the doctors and nurses, however I'm not feeling too trusting at this point. Trying to put it down to one bad experience from a doctor who was new to my case.

Anyway, whinge over. 20 week scan is 2 weeks yesterday, I'm nervous but excited. Hubby doesn't realise the significance of this scan and is just excited about the gender. I don't want to worry him unnecessarily, so I'm trying to keep focused on the fact that most babies are born perfectly healthily and happily.

As for gender, I've been convinced it's two boys from the very beginning. Let's see if I'm right eh?

This weekend I think I felt the babies move for the first time, it's hard to be 100% - but a few times a day since it feels like a tennis ball is rotating in my stomach. It must be the babies I think! Can't wait for those little kicks to get stronger  ^Exercise!1^

x