* Author Topic: ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, BFN. FET, BFN. ICSI 3 - BFP! Twins!  (Read 29761 times)

0 Members

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
First time egg sharing & ICSI
« Reply #20 on: 22/08/16, 15:19 »
Had my baseline scan today and my lining was nice and thin so I am ready to move onto stimms!  ^pompom^

My PCOS and high AMH means that they need to keep a close eye on me, so they are starting me on a low dose of menopur and want to see me again in 4 days. First injection tonight, the stuff has to be mixed and it's a bigger needle... eek!

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 24/08/16, 22:15 »
    Stimms day 3.

Menopur injection is absolutely fine, it made me feel a bit nervous as it had to be mixed up and the needle was bigger - but it felt exactly the same going in!

No real stimms side effects yet, I feel a bit bloated - but that's about it! First scan Friday, fingers crossed for lots of follies, but not so many they'll cancel me!

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 31/08/16, 05:40 »
    Stimms day 10.

Stressed. Though no-one has specifically told me so, I'm convinced my cycle is going to get cancelled. They were worried about me over responding so started me off on a low dose - but now I haven't responded well. If I was doing standard IVF my numbers would be great, but because I'm egg sharing I need at least 10 eggs, if it looks like I'm not going to get 10 eggs then they'll cancel. I've got more than 10 follicles, but they said that some are very small so they won't make it to EC.

Another scan this morning. I've been up since stupid o'clock worrying, which I know achieved nothing, but I can't help myself.

X

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 6/09/16, 19:42 »
    I can't believe how much has changed since I last posted! I've been terrible at keeping this diary up to date.

So I went to the clinic and they were happy for me to proceed with the cycle, so booked me in for another scan a few days later to check progress. At my next appointment, the nurse told me I was ready and I was booked in for EC!

I was SO nervous about egg collection after making the mistake of Googling and reading some horror stories in advance. The drugs they gave were amazing and the second they were injected they made me feel like I was drunk and I didn't care what they were doing to me! I slept through most of the procedure, I woke up a few times with some discomfort and each time they gave me more drugs and I went straight back to sleep.

The staff were so lovely and one of the nurses held my hand through most of it, even though Inwas disorientated I found it really comforting.

Soon after, the nurse came and told me that I'd collected 23 eggs! I couldn't believe it, especially when I thought they were going to cancel the week before. As I'm egg sharing the recipient got 12 eggs and I got 11.

I had a few immature eggs and some of them didn't fertilise - so now I've got 4, fertilised, good looking embryos in the lab. We are looking at a 5 day transfer, all being well.

I'm still in a bit of pain after EC and the clinic want to see me for a scan between EC & ET, I think to check for signs of OHSS. I've been scoffing all the protein I can lay my hands on and chugging water like it's going out of fashion, so I think I'll be fine. Though I'm uncomfortable, I'm not displaying any of the early OHSS symptoms.

Fingers crossed for the next scan and that the embies keep behaving in the lab!

X

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 7/09/16, 18:24 »
    OHSS scan check today and though there was lots of expectation management, I'm still going ahead with egg transfer on Saturday.

I had some fluid in my abdomen and enlarged ovaries, but not so bad that they felt the need to cancel. The nurse said that the fact that I'm so well is a testament to how well I've been looking after myself, with all the water and protein! So now I'm on a mission to make sure that I get as much water and protein in me as possible. I'm also researching anything I can possibly do to make sure I'm ok for Saturday transfer.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 8/09/16, 14:59 »
    I'm still getting quite a lot of abdominal pain today, was hoping it would be gone by now. Worried about ET hurting if my insides are still sore.

I'm still chugging all of the water and peeing every half hour and eating so much protein I'll be the size of a house by the time I've finished this cycle!

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 10/09/16, 08:24 »
    Egg transfer day!

I've been awake since early feeling like a kid on Christmas morning. This is the last hurdle to being PUPO. The clinic want to scan me before ET to make sure that there isn't more fluid in my abdomen. I feel better than I have done in days so I am praying that it will all go as planned. Though the intention was always to just get enough eggs to have one shot with afresh transfer, I would be over the moon today if we also got a Frostie or two.

Fingers crossed!

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 10/09/16, 19:45 »
    I am officially, finally, PUPO!  ^banana^

OTD is 24th September, I have no idea how I"m going to wait that long!

The extra, amazing news is that I've got one definite snow baby and another possible frostie, depending on how it behaves overnight. I feel like there's not so much pressure on getting a positive outcome, now that I know I can have a frozen transfer.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 12/09/16, 08:02 »
    3dp5dt

I'm determined not to symptom spot knowing that the pessaries I'm using mimic pregnancy symptoms, trying to be oh so sensible about it!

Worried my husband isn't prepared for a negative outcome, so I'm trying to be super realistic about it all and give him chance to prepare himself for the possibility of a no.

Our second potential frosty didn't make it to the freezer, but I'm over the moon that we've got one little snow baby!  ^cold^

Last night I slept for 12 hours straight, haven't done that sine I was a kid! Though I'm trying not to read anything into it, I'd love to think that's because my little invader is taking it out of me.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 13/09/16, 20:44 »
    4dp5dt

Had a rubbish day and am so stressed, I know that stress is bad for a potential embryo who is trying to implant - so I'm trying my hardest to stay calm but I'm really struggling. How do I override my brain?

x