* Author Topic: ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, BFN. FET, BFN. ICSI 3 - BFP! Twins!  (Read 30661 times)

0 Members

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
First time egg sharing & ICSI
« Reply #30 on: 20/09/16, 16:45 »
10dp5dt

Not a great few days. Started passing tiny clots at 7dp5dt which turned into bigger, red clots. I've been very lightly bleeding red since. Clinic have been lovely and supportive and told me to use four pessaries a day instead of three. They also told me to test on Thursday instead of Saturday, which is our OTD.

The chances of having a BFP are now very, very slim - but I'm still holding onto that last shred of hope.

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 21/09/16, 18:26 »
    11dp5dt

Well, they say it's not over until you pee on a stick, and I can now officially say it's over. :(

I got a BFN this morning (I tested twice, with two different brands) - but it felt silly to even test when it was like a scene from Carrie down there.

I've got one little snow baby waiting for me, so I'll wait until the clinic say I can go again and do a FET.

Off to drown myself in red wine...

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 22/09/16, 08:19 »
    Things I want to discuss in my follow up appointment:

• The decision was made not to give me oestrogen following EC, why was this decision made and if I did this again, would that decision change?
    • Would metformin be suitable for me?
    • What about insotol?
    • How long do I need to wait before I can do a FET?
    • What would be done differently in my next cycle?

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 27/09/16, 19:55 »
    I'm struggling.

I didn't expect to feel so empty after having a BFN. I'm trying to keep it all together as I don't want my husband worrying, but I feel so down. I'm putting measures in place to be proactive about my wellbeing, no alcohol, no staying in bed, lots of exercise etc. But all I want to do is lie in bed and read or watch TV - basically anything apart from think.

Hoping this will pass, but if I'm still feeling like this in a week or two then I'll go speak to some someone about it all.

I hate feeling like this.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    Egg sharing & ICSI
    « Reply #34 on: 25/11/16, 15:43 »
    Time has gone by since my last post and I'm happy to report that the feelings of emptiness and despair didn't last. Life has gone on, myself and my husband have coped and I've accepted my failed cycle for what it was - normal. Most people don't get pregnant on their first cycle, that's to be expected. I just hoped that we would be the exception to the rule.

In June we got referred by our GP to our local women health unit for IVF. I'd heard horrible things about the waiting list for fertility treatment so I was over the moon to get a letter within a few weeks telling me what tests to have done in advance of my appointment, then a few weeks later I got another letter telling me to call for an appointment to see a consultant. I was over the moon, we had only waited five months for an appointment - "the waiting list must be short at the moment!" I happily declared to my husband.

My bubble was rudely burst within minutes of arriving at the hospital for our appointment. Firstly, we never saw the consultant as we never made it past the nurse. Secondly, I realised that we hadn't reached the top of the waiting list, in fact, we weren't even ON the waiting list yet. It had taken five months to get an appointment with the consultant, who would then refer us for ICSI, but not for another three months as they wanted to run more tests, then we'd wait 9-10 months for a first appointment, then, IF they were happy, we would then start to plan ICSI.

Clearly, I'm an idiot. When I think about it now, it's all very obvious - but it was such a let down.

So, rather than have a breakdown - we decided on a new plan. We rang our private clinic (who we absolutely love) and have an appointment soon to discuss egg sharing again. Although we have one frostie, I think it's better to do another full cycle again and hopefully get another frozen baby, so that way if we do a FET we can have a back-up just in case our one egg doesn't defrost.

So, here we go again. Egg share cycle round two!

xx

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 28/11/16, 12:57 »
     :-\

I'm confused. I can't decide what my next step should be.

Should I use my one frozen egg and potentially risk it not defrosting?

OR

Should I sign up for another egg share cycle?

An egg share cycle will take longer and be more expensive (they say it's free, but you still have to pay for all the tests and iCSI, so it'll cost around 1500), but it will potentially give me two eggs to put back, and maybe if I'm lucky another frostie.

A frozen egg share cycle is cheaper (somewhere between 800-1000) and quicker, but it feels like such a risk.

My husband is being very well meaning but totally unhelpful and keeps saying 'whatever you think is best.'

Arghhh, don't know what to do.  ^idiot^

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 28/01/17, 21:03 »
    Finally made a decision as to what our next steps would be, and signed up to egg share again.

We've been really lucky and got matched with a recipient within 3 weeks, last time it took 12 weeks. I've got my appointment next week for my meds and final blood tests, just praying that my period arrives sharpish as it seems to have gone AWOL this month.

I'm prepared this time, and actually looking forward to injecting myself again.

Having a couple of glasses of wine this weekend then back to no booze and healthy eating again  :-*

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 20/02/17, 13:00 »
    We are officially on Cycle 2!  ^excercise3^

Picked up all my meds today and am now waiting for day 21 to come around again so I can start down regulation, I'm prepared this time, I know what to expect and I'm hoping that means I'll get less stressed.

I'll now practice the art of patience (yeah, right!) while I wait for the first drug day...

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    Endometrial scratch
    « Reply #38 on: 27/02/17, 12:27 »
    At my drugs appointment I was offered an endometrial scratch, I wasn't offered it the first time as they didn't deem it necessary.

I really did my research before making a decision, but have finally decided to go for it. I'm booked in on day 19 of my cycle. I'm really nervous as it is supposed to be painful, though it's apparently over very quickly. I'm going to be on my own, so fingers crossed it's not too bad as I'll have no-one to hold my hand!

Even though I'm scared, I need to know that I've done everything possible to make this a successful cycle. Even if it doesn't work, I'll always know I tried then.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 1/03/17, 10:01 »
    Pinch, punch, first of the month!

We are officially in March and I am so, so happy that it's finally here. March will be filled with down regging and stimming and I can't bloody wait! I know ICSI isn't a walk in the park, but I'm over the moon to be taking positive steps forward.

x