* Author Topic: ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, BFN. FET, BFN. ICSI 3 - BFP! Twins!  (Read 29806 times)

0 Members

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
First time egg sharing & ICSI
« Reply #40 on: 3/03/17, 08:36 »
Doctors appointment this morning with my GP, not my fertility clinic. Been getting weird lower back pain, strange cycles (even for me!) and massive breakouts/hirtuism. I've always known I have PCOS, but it's got rapidly worse over the past six months. Want to get checked out before I start injecting myself for down regulation on Wednesday.

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 6/03/17, 17:25 »
    I couldn't have had a better experience with my GP last week, she was absolutely lovely and gave me a thorough check-up, and has arranged rush blood tests to check my thyroid, liver, kidneys, diabetes etc. When I told her I was starting IVF Wednesday she instantly understood I needed answers before then. I should get most of the results tomorrow.

I had my endometrial scratch this morning, I was absolutely dreading it! I will admit that it hurt like hell, but I counted to 20 and it was done. Just some period type cramps for an hour or so afterwards - though I've taken advantage of having an empty house and had a really lazy afternoon. Though it was painful, it's a small price to pay if it works. I've got antibiotics for 5 days.

One unexpected thing was that one of the consultants did the procedure and she reviewed my last cycle with me, she offered me Lubion as progesterone support this cycle because I bled 7dp5dt last cycle. Only downside is that it's really expensive, but in the grand scheme of things it's worth it. I said yes, and will scrape the extra cash together somehow.

Flying out to see my hubby Thursday, can't bloody wait.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 9/03/17, 08:00 »
    DR Day 2

I had the blood test results back from my GP yesterday, all completely normal which is a big relief! People (me!) whinge about the NHS, but i had such a positive experience last week.

After the scratch on Monday, I had some period pains. It was nothing unmanageable and I just took 2 paracetamol and was fine afterwards. Though I haven't needed pain relief since, I can still feel some discomfort. Almost like I've done too many sit-ups and everything is a bit sore. Also, I'm spotting very irregularly and have passed some tissue too. No idea if this is normal or not! I've got two days worth of antibiotics left, so at least I know it's unlikely that I've got an infection.

I did my first DR injection last night, 50ml of Suprecur. Hubby is still away so we FaceTimed so we could do it together! I was really glad he was there in the end as I had a bit of a wobble and couldn't quite bring myself to inject! He was laughing and counting me down, so after a few minutes I did it (and it was absolutely fine, you don't even feel it!) He did almost all my injections last time, I think it's hard for him not to be here. I was supposed to fly out to see him today, but there's a strike and my flight got cancelled :( Earliest I could re-book was next Tuesday! We are both gutted.

I'm still pursuing a NHS cycle, just in case this private cycle doesn't work out - so I had a 21 day progesterone test in the hospital yesterday. My last few tests haven't shown signs of ovulation, which is worrying as I always ovulated before. Hoping that these weird tests were the result of the failed IVF and will have hopefully corrected itself by now. I can ring this afternoon for the results.

I'm on day 11 of the no booze, no crap diet - and apart from one (ok two!) accidental fondant fancies, it's all going well.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 13/03/17, 13:15 »
    DR Day 6

After a few days of being shattered and having an almighty headache, I've been feeling better the last 48 hours. I've got more energy and the headache has gone away  :)

Finally flying out to see my DH tomorrow morning. It's been nearly a month! Can't wait.  ^Heart^

On a side note, I've been using VANIQA 11.5% cream to help with my hirtuism. It's not supposed to make a difference for a few weeks, but I swear the hair is thinner and coming through slower already. Fingers crossed this may provide me with some help before I end up with a beard!

DH did almost all my injections last cycle and they didn't hurt and I had hardly any bruises. 6 days of injecting myself and I'm covered in bruises!

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 16/03/17, 09:24 »
    DR Day 8

Still feeling ok! Now starting to panic that I'm feeling too ok and the down regulation isn't working. My crazy brain is working overtime!  ^idiot^

The weather is gorgeous here and me and the hubby spent most of yesterday walking, chilling and lounging in the sun. Was perfect  8)

Injections are much less painful now the hubby is doing them, though my stomach is covered in bruises from all my previous injections. Even though it's still weeks away, I'm starting to get a little nervous about EC. I think because I know what to expect this time it's actually more nerve-wracking than going in blind. It's scheduled to be either the day before or day of my 30th birthday - which is an added bonus!  ;D Family are asking me what I'm doing for my birthday, and I keep having to be really vague!

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 18/03/17, 12:39 »
    DR Day 10

Still feeling ok, been getting horrible abdominal pains that feel like trapped wind for the past 24 hours - but I don't think it's linked to DR as that doesn't seem to be a listed side effect! Hubby guilted me into going for a run with him this morning, I did 4k but had to keep walking. Definitely have less energy than normal, which I know is typical of DR.

Going out to watch the rugby this afternoon, this week is flying by, Will be back in the UK at my baseline scan in no time at all.  :( for UK,  :) for baseline scan!

Still no sign of AF, I remember it took longer than 10 days last time I was down regulating. Hoping she arrives soon as I don't want to be bleeding when they examine me on Wednesday!

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 20/03/17, 16:22 »
    DR Day 12

No sign of AF still, but I just read back through my diary and saw that it didn't come until day 15 last time - so that's normal for me. Also my baseline scan was day 18 last time, whereas it is scheduled for day 14 this time. This makes me feel a bit better :)

Feeling it a bit today, my neck is hurting and I'm generally tired and a bit grumpy. Nothing horrendous, but enough to let me know the drugs are taking effect!

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    AWOL AF, baseline and cysts.
    « Reply #47 on: 22/03/17, 09:46 »
    DR day 14

Had my baseline scan today, but as AF still hasn't arrived it was just a scan really! My lining is really thick so AF should be along shortly, but if she hasn't come by Friday then I need to call them and they'll give me something to force a bleed. I feel all crampy and miserable so hopefully that means she'll arrive soon!

They also found 2 cysts, one large one and one smaller one. If they don't go when I have my period then I'll need to have them drained before I start stimms. Apparently they don't cause any harm, but they are taking up space on my ovaries where we want to see follicles. Makes sense I suppose.

Trying to stay positive, it wasn't great news but it's not going to stop us.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, March-April 2017.
    « Reply #48 on: 24/03/17, 21:32 »
    DR Day 16

Aunt Flo finally arrived this morning! Woo hoo!

I phoned the clinic to tell them and a few hours later they phoned and asked me to come straight in for a scan. Scan showed that lining still isn't thin enough to progress to stimms, and my large cyst is still there. I'm being rescanned a Monday, and if it's still there then they will drain it the same day.

Now to get through a weekend of waiting...

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, March-April 2017.
    « Reply #49 on: 25/03/17, 18:43 »
    DR Day 17

AF may have taken a long time to arrive, but she is making herself known now!  :-[

Cwtched up on the sofa with a blanket this evening. Looking after my nephew so it's a good excuse to order a pizza and watch TV all night.

x