* Author Topic: ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, BFN. FET, BFN. ICSI 3 - BFP! Twins!  (Read 29805 times)

0 Members

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
ICSI 1, BFN with 1 frostie. ICSI 2, March-April 2017.
« Reply #70 on: 24/04/17, 08:44 »
12dp2dt

Not testing again for a few days, holding onto that last, tiny, shred of hope

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 25/04/17, 17:14 »
    13dp2dt

OTD is 15dp2dt, I haven't test since my BFN at 11dp2dt. Going to test tomorrow as I just can't wait anymore. I know my chances are small, but I'm still praying for that miracle.  ^pray^

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 26/04/17, 08:21 »
    BFN.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

It's hard to find words to update this diary. I'm fine, just absolutely gutted. Need to cry it out and make a new plan.

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

I'm back.

It took me a long time to mentally prepare myself to even start to think about trying again. I know it's naive, but I always thought we would be one of the lucky ones and it would work for us on out first or second cycle. Alas, it wasn't to be.

Since April I've been concentrating on me and my marriage, we've had some really boozy night in and out, had the most incredible holiday, started renovating our house and kept all baby talk to a minimum. It's been fantastic!

I started taking metformin two weeks ago, 500mg a day for the first 14 days and then last night I started taking another 500mg in the evening. I've heard about the dreaded side effects and I didn't escape them. The first few days I was so nauseous I had to lie down in the afternoons, but after 3-4 days that stopped. I've found that if I eat a load of sugar or white carbs (for example, I went to a friends house for dinner and had a small cake, plus two glasses of Cava) then I'll spend the next few hours glued to the loo. Not pleasant.

I've always heard that metformin helps you lose weight and I understand why now, apart from the 💩 and feeling sick, your appetite just vanishes. I've always been a hungry Horace so that's really unusual for me.

We have one frozen egg left, so as soon as I have the money we'll be trying our luck with that.  ^pray^

Offline Cowshedbythesea

Trudging on with the Metformin, all side effects have now vanished. I can now eat and drink whatever I want with no unpleasantness, which is actually a pain because it helped with the will power!

I've got my HSG test on Wednesday, and then an appointment to be put on the waiting list for a NHS funded round of IVF in October. Keeping my fingers crossed that the list isn't too long. Finding the waiting really hard, especially as we have a frozen egg that we can't afford to bloody use! It's so frustrating.

I'm getting really ratty too, I've got a very good friend who keeps drunkenly offering to donate her eggs to me - even though I've told her 10+ times that I've got my own, perfectly good eggs. I find it really patronising and offensive, she has sat and listened to me talk about ICSI, knows exactly what our problems are and will still, after two glasses of wine start declaring that because she loves me so much she'll donate her eggs to me! 😡

Why are people so strange??

Offline Cowshedbythesea

I had my HCG test this morning, it did hurt but it was over quickly... or so I thought. They had a problem with the machinery and they had to re-do the entire thing! Not pleasant.

The good news is that all appeared fine, this is the first time in our journey that a test result has come back normal!

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

September, the month when it feels like every woman I know under 40 is due to have her baby.

I'll just be here, avoiding social media and trying not to act like a jealous cow until October.  :'(

I'm not unhappy for you, I'm sad for me. I'm not unhappy for you, I'm sad for me. I'm not unhappy for you, I'm sad for me.
    Repeat x 1000000000000.

Offline Cowshedbythesea

First update in a couple of months and a plan.

We are about to start our third attempt to get pregnant, this time using our frozen egg.

My drugs are being delivered today and I start on the 13th Nov, we'll find out around Christmas time if it worked or not.

This time, I'm determined to chill. I've got no stressful EC, my body isn't being put through the ringer as much as I know what to expect, therefore I should have a better chance at implantation.

I'm going to relax, look after myself and trust the process.

Let's see how well that theory works out eh?  ;D

x

Offline Cowshedbythesea

I've been keeping to my word and trying to relax as much as possible this cycle, for me the key to not obsessing and stressing is not too spend too much time online, especially fertility boards!

My clinic got a little confused about my scan dates, so my first scan is next week, not today like I thought. I got sent away today because AF hadn't arrived, and she literally showed up an hour later. Typical!

I'm working from home today and have made the most of the Black Friday sales. I've done most of my shopping, in one huge order. Gotta love Amazon.

AF is particularly nasty so I'm currently curled up in bed waiting for the painkillers to kick in.

Will update again as soon as I have news.

x