* Author Topic: Iakentro Clinic - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 2  (Read 56325 times)

0 Members

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
This thread is for

Ladies who are cycling at Iakentro or have questions about treatment at Iakentro clinic

Members that are starting and completing their monitoring or actual cycles (whether it be IUI/IVF/ICSI/FET) during   
          this time

Members who are trying a natural cycle after a hysto

Members who are on their 2 ww

Anything else that is relevant to members who are currently cycling or for members who have questions regarding anything to do with treatment at the clinic.

**This thread predominantly for cycle chatter and general support so please use the appropriate threads Including the Greek clinics BFP thread - the more the merrier  ;)  **

Things to keep in mind-

FF rules on Prescription Medication can be found here Rules on Buying Prescription Medication Please make yourself aware of these.

There is an extensive thread detailing places where drugs can be purchased legally at competitive prices. Pharmacies for Foreign Private Prescriptions (start at the last page for the most recent information).

Left over drugs should be returned either to your administering clinic, or to a pharmacy for correct disposal.***

Fertility Friends always recommends that you seek advice on all treatment related query's with your clinic/treatment provider.

*As ever, FF advises its members to verify any information relating to their clinic direct with their clinic and to research cycling abroad thoroughly*

For when you get your BFP please post here Greek Clinics Pregnancy Chat

If this is not you time and you'd like to chat with other ladies between treatment, then please drop in to the  Inbetweeners Place

Take Care All & Good luck  ^hugme^

Grey xx

Please Note:

Obtaining a Puregon Pen

If you have a problem obtaining one of these or you are not supplied with one with your prescription for puregon then you should ask your pharmacist to email Merck Sharp and Dohme Direct on [email protected] and they will send a kit to your pharmacist for you to pick up. 

The pharmacist needs to email them their full postal address and you need to allow 2-3 days for it to be delivered.
Note: they will not send direct to you as it is part of a prescribed medication order.  Also worth noting that when you hand in your prescription to your pharmacist that you should remind them that they should also supply the pen for administering the medication.

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline FertileRoad

• Gold Member
    Hi girls can I have a rant, emailed Ruth today with my bloods tests but as she says my GP has denied me getting CMV immunology control test for the presence of antibody, Vaginal culture wab; cerivial culture chlamydia, Mysoplasm swab; ureoplamsa swab. That will result in me not being able to be treated at Iakentro as they are part of the pre treatment.
    I have booked into clinic in Glasgow for the Gynecological ultrasound scan happening next Tuesday at 100.
    How did you get all these swabs done and where?
    My GP also will not print out my last cervial smear test - so I have been phoning GUM clinics to find out who keeps this info, emailed them as they are amazed that they will not print the result for me - mad beyond comprehension I feel GP surgery just not wanting to help. Also as GP will not contact hospital for a print out of my Blood Group I had to donate and the results are not due until mid February so me cycle in March is a no no! - double disappointed.

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
    Fertile - that's gutting and what a useless GP! I don't think they can withold your smear results surely?? I would contact your local pct to  see if you can get them.  As to all the other tests, how about contacting your local fertility clinic? They will often do these sorts of tests even for non patients.  Failing that, does Ruth have any suggestions?

Sometimes things can be SO Frustrating  ^bigbad^

Grey xx

Offline Bear12

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Anyone been to Iakentro, Greece?
    « Reply #3 on: 12/01/16, 21:59 »
    Hello ladies

We have been recommended Iakentro in Greece (either of their two clinics) but I am struggling to find anyone who has been there.

Has anyone had treatment there?  If so, what did you think of the clinic and staff, and most importantly, did you have a baby at the end of it all?

Thanks in advance

Offline Sassy-lassy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 13/01/16, 00:21 »
    Yes, I am being treated at Iakentro, and cycled there just before Christmas.

Worth having a look at the previous Iakenrto thread, which is now locked but still available to browse on the Greek Board, as it has plenty of chit-chat on there which you'll find interesting.

Although we have yet to achieve a take-home baby, both DH and I have been happy with the choice.  Hope this helps!

Good luck, Sassy x

Hello ladies

We have been recommended Iakentro in Greece (either of their two clinics) but I am struggling to find anyone who has been there.

Has anyone had treatment there?  If so, what did you think of the clinic and staff, and most importantly, did you have a baby at the end of it all?

Thanks in advance

Offline pinkable

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/01/16, 22:25 »
    Hi bear I had treatment at Iakentro Athens in October 2015. I went through Ruth. I got a BFP on my first IVF try. My diagnosis was early ovarian failure so I used donor eggs with husband's sperm. I was generally happy with the treatment I received, felt the doctor was a bit rushed with the transfer. Otherwise the embryologist and other staff were excellent. I am 13 weeks 2 days pregnant with Fraternal twins - i had two grade 4aa day 5 blastocysts tranferred and it appears both took.

I would recommend them, but then again i have no other clinic to compare it with so maybe I am a little biased.

Hello ladies

Thanks in advance

Offline FertileRoad

• Gold Member
    Hi did everyone else have to go through with these tests for DE and DP Sperm?
    Blood Type & Rhesus factor: 47
    Heamoglobin electropheoresis: 47
    CMV: 47
    Chlamydia: 47
    Mycoplasma & Ureaplasma  175.00
    Gynaecological ultrasound scan  100
    Total cost for Female 463   

My GP did the following FOC

HIV*
    Hepatitis B*
    Hepatitis C*
    VDRL* (SIPHILIS)

Total cost for male 167 - GP charged this
    Blood type + Rhesus factor
    Total blood count (FBC)
    Haemoglobin electrophoresis
    HIV*
    Hepatitis B*
    Hepatitis C*
    VDRL* (SIPHILIS)

Offline BeachgirlMel

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Bear12,
    You asked for some feedback about Iakentro. My experience in Feb 2015 (my one and only cycle with them) was very positive. The result is that I now have 14 week old twin girls.

I chose them for the following reasons.

- Success Rates. They have high (70%) pregnancy success rate for donor IVF. I used donor eggs. At the end of the day its all about the end result.
    - They carefully monitor the blasts through the 3 or 5 days development in vitro.  They use imaging techniques that check cell development at specific critical stages of cell division.  This helps them choose the absolute best quality blastocysts possible to be implanted
    - I didn't have to sync up with the egg donor. This meant I didn't have to have that injection which suspends your menstral system which is like being pre menopause (scary for someone my age).  At a previous clinic I had the injection and after my first MC, it took me 7 months and lots of intermittent bleeding (sorry for the gory details) to get back into my normal cycle.
    - The donor was found and she was ready to start a cycle within weeks of me registering with the clinic.  End to end the whole process (from finding Ruth/ the clinic to having 2 x blasts transferred) was 2 months.
    - They use a gentle stimulation protocol with the Donor. This produced 7 mature eggs, of which 6 fertilized with hubbys "material".  The quality of the blasts was superb (aa and ab), which was very different to what we had experienced previously (where the maximum quality was b/c). As far as I understand, the clinic has a policy if the blasts are not of good enough quality, then they will do another round with a donor until they get the right quality. I know this might all sound a bit clinical!       
    - The price was HALF of the UK clinic I used (and includes storage of the remainder of my blasts).  Yes, you need to travel to Athens and stay for a bit, and the clinic itself isn't exactly 5 star, but the airfares and airbnb we used still was way cheaper.

I will say that having an independent Fertility Nurse, Ruth Pellow on my side and telling me what to do at each stage was probably the BEST part of the experience. Ruth made everything OK.  She arranges everything, and takes away the stresses of worrying about all the moving parts - she is like a fertility concierge service!

Good luck - try and relax and go for it!!

Offline Bear12

• Un-Ranked
    Thanks ladies your stories are helpful and inspiring!

It looks like we will be trying Iakentro in May ( I have to down reg for endometriosis first) so scared and excited.

Can I ask if you ladies had a fresh or frozen transfer? Frozen makes more sense for us because of work and timings but I don't want to reduce my chances if fresh gets better results.

Thanks

Offline meggyy

• Un-Ranked
    Hello everyone, I'm new here and I apologize in advance for my  bad English.  ;) I hope you will understand me. ::)
    We've just completed our first experience in Yakentro, Thessaloniki - Unfortunately for a chemical pregnancy.
    We used donor eggs and sperm of my husband.
    There were   5 blastocyst with excellent quality.
    I got two blastocysts 4Аa and the other frozen.
    Unfortunately after trying to implant all over. 14 days after the puncture and 9 days after transfer HCG fell to 12.86, two days before it was 17.
    This is my first experience with donor eggs.
    Until now we had 5 attempts with my eggs and I had never seen hCG different from 0,00 and good embryos.
    We have always had slowly dividing embryos. The problem seems to be with me because it was discovered a genetic defect by me-trans-location of 13th and 14th chromosome  , so we decided to use donor eggs.
    My husband has OAT oligoastenoteratozoospermiya III- very severe and yet we thought that the problem of bad embryo is it. But now they have become perfect embryos with his sperm, while our attempts with donor sperm again we had bad embryos.
    We are desperate because we do not know why it did not get? because the embryos stop to develop or immunological problem!
    Are there anyone of you, who after a chemical pregnancy has managed to become pregnant with the remaining frozen embryos.