* Author Topic: Iakentro Clinic - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 2  (Read 56329 times)

0 Members

Offline ociwoman

• Trying one last time
Hi Meggyyy,

I got pregnant with Iakentro using our frozen embryos. We used an egg donor and the fresh transfer failed. Then our first frozen transfer failed. Finally, we put our last three frozen embryos in, and we had a little girl who is now 8 months old. Iakentro has great success with frozen embryos.

Good luck!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Maxandruby1

Hi Megggyyy we had a fresh own egg cycle at Iakentro in september 2014 we had some issues on both sides with some chromosonal issues on hubby side so we used icsi wit MACS had 5 embryos on transfer day 3 are frozen and the 2 we had implanted are now my almost 10month old twin girls x

Offline Bear12

• Un-Ranked
    Hello ladies

I am currently downregging for our donor egg cycle.  After blood tests etc this week we will hopefully get our donor sorted so we can head over to Greece in May for transfer.

It would be great to be in touch with others cycling at the same time for some moral support x

Offline KATHY

Hi Ladies

Been a long time posting on here, hope everyone is keeping well.  after recovering form my big op to remove 2 cyst I am know starting med's to have our final frozen embryos so everything crossed feeling very nervous

Offline Bear12

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Kathy

It is a bit quiet on here at the moment. Hopefully you are feeling better after your treatment.  When do you fly over to Greece?

Offline KATHY

Hi Bear12

Hope you are well, we fly our on the 23 March and we have our transfer on Friday and return home on Sunday 27 March got my lining scan next Thursday x

Offline Danaa

Hello ladies,I'm very interested in getting IVF at Iakentro Athens,could you ladies pls tell me the price of one ivf cycle with your own eggs at Iakentro?And what tests to they ask you have ready before the process?At first i was thinking about Serum(I have an apoiment with Penny next month)but the costs seems a bit high for me and I started searching for alternative solutions and I found a lot of good reviews about Iakentro.This whole project is so painful and I would love for the doc to be as sensitive and caring as a doc can be,I don't want to feel just like onother case.

Offline Sassy-lassy

• Gold Member
    Hi Danaa,
    I think it's probably best to contact Ruth Pellow at IVF Treatment Abroad (Google it for contact details), as she acts as liaison for English speaking patients at Iakentro and, as an experienced fertility nurse, is very knowledgable and helpful.  Certainly she has all the prices at her fingertips.
    Having experienced treatment cycles at both Iakentro (2x) and Serum (5x), and having become pregnant with them both, I would have no hesitation recommending Iakentro.  Very organised, very efficient and sensitive to emotional aspects of treatment.  My DH warmed to the - male - doctor who treated us, and whilst my preference would always be for a woman consultant, it made it easier for him to accept the treatment we needed to make this cycle a success.
    The clinic publishes its success rates, you get pictures of your embryos on the day of transfer (I wouldn't have credited that this added anything useful to the process, but actually, it is easy to tell exactly which embryos are doing better than others) and Ruth herself went the extra miles to ensure our match was a good one - very, very important because we can't tell for religious/cultural reasons.
    Wishing you the best of luck!   

Offline Danaa

Ty so much for the response Sassy!Im a romanian women living in Athens so I think for Romania they have a difrent person handling these things,at first my obgyn Romānia talked to me about this clinic but I was so set to see Penny at Serum that I didn't payed any attention but I will talk to him about this.

Offline KATHY

Hi
    Help need some advise having FET next Friday had lining scan done today and it 5mm
    Not good I have never had lining issues before having to up the progynova and take the vaginally feeling low as this is our last chance as anyone had this issue
    Thanks xx