* Author Topic: Iakentro Clinic - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 2  (Read 56384 times)

0 Members

Offline LenniF

• Un-Ranked
modify
Iakentro Clinic - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 2
« Reply #100 on: 17/06/16, 01:13 »
Hello Everyone,

I have been following this thread for awhile but have felt about shy about getting into the mix. lol   Thought maybe it was time to introduce myself. 

I'm 44 years old from Alberta, Canada.  I have severe endometriosis unbeknownst by me until a full fertility work up last year.  My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 2-1/2 years. I've never been pregnant before.  Starting a bit late but I didn't feel ready before and thought better now then never!  We tried 2 round of IVF in the past year but after my surgery to remove endometriomas on both of my ovaries...and my age...both cycles were cancelled due to lack of response of my ovaries.  So DE was our next option.

We had been considering going to Iakentro in Athens for the past few months and have just gotten things going the last month through Ruth.  We will be going to Athens the last week of July.  Feeling a bit nervous and apprehensive. It has been good to read everyone's experiences here, though.  Helps me to know what to expect. 

Take care everyone

(ps. Sorry to hear about your recent experience Kathy)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline aussielis

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 17/06/16, 01:49 »
    Hello
    I am also going to Iakentro last week of July, what date is your transfer?

Offline LenniF

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 17/06/16, 03:39 »
    Hi Aussielis,

Fresh DE collection aimed for July 25th. Transfer will be around July 30th. We will be in Athens on July 24th. You?

Offline aussielis

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 17/06/16, 03:48 »
    I arrive in Athens on 24th July, transfer on 26th, where are you staying?
    Lisa

Offline LenniF

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 17/06/16, 04:47 »
    I'm not sure where we are staying yet. We were advised not to buy airline tickets until I start Estrogen (aprox July  11th)...I'm concerned that prices will really go up between now and then.  :/  Haven't booked accommodations yet.

Offline aussielis

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 17/06/16, 04:58 »
    oh yes, where are you flying from? im flying from australia

Offline Danaa

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 17/06/16, 11:15 »
    Hello lovely ladies,
    I went in for my stims prescription yesterday and I'm now waiting for the pharmacy to call me to go pick it up.
    Has anyone used Bemfola?!i googled it and they say is similar with GonalF but I couldn't find any reviews.
    I'm terrified I will get really fat Bcs of the prednisone,does anyone have any experience with it?
    I'm excited to get things started,next week eeeeek.

Offline mierran

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 17/06/16, 13:35 »
    Audiences - the number says how mature a blastocyst is. So get a ybl which is young blastocyst up to 4 which is a blastocyst about to hatch or hatching.
    The letters refer to the bits that will become the baby and the placenta. a means all cells are the same size , b means less evenly sized and c means some cells big some small. So as I said it refers to how an embryo looks and doesn't actually tell you much about the baby making potential. When pgs ( preimplantation genetic screening ) is done often the 4aa can be chromosomally abnormal whereas eg a 2bb can be perfect.
    There is also some evidence male embryos develope faster so more likely to get a 4.
    The reason clinics grade is that when freezing and thawing embryos higher grades ( a or b rather than c )  tend to do better possibly to do with smaller cells . Plus they can!

Hope that helps.

X x

Offline LenniF

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 17/06/16, 16:07 »
    oh yes, where are you flying from? im flying from australia

Coming from Canada. Sent you a PM as well.

Offline aussielis

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 18/06/16, 07:04 »
    Audiences - the number says how mature a blastocyst is. So get a ybl which is young blastocyst up to 4 which is a blastocyst about to hatch or hatching.
    The letters refer to the bits that will become the baby and the placenta. a means all cells are the same size , b means less evenly sized and c means some cells big some small. So as I said it refers to how an embryo looks and doesn't actually tell you much about the baby making potential. When pgs ( preimplantation genetic screening ) is done often the 4aa can be chromosomally abnormal whereas eg a 2bb can be perfect.
    There is also some evidence male embryos develope faster so more likely to get a 4.
    The reason clinics grade is that when freezing and thawing embryos higher grades ( a or b rather than c )  tend to do better possibly to do with smaller cells . Plus they can!
    Thanks luvvy, that's excellent help, so it appear's they are really good emryo's
    Hope that helps.

X x