* Author Topic: Iakentro Clinic - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 2  (Read 56332 times)

0 Members

Offline Bear12

• Un-Ranked
Hi Kathy

Did they give you an internal scan?  I have found that the quality of sonography ta varies significantly.

Have the clinic clarified how long it should take for the increase in medication to take effect?  Is there anything else they can give you?

X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline KATHY

Hi  Ladies

The clinic got back to us this morning and cancelled cycle 😢 I spent most of the morning changing my flight and hotel, we are planning to go back on the 1st Jume, they are going to sort out a new plan and I think new meds.   It looks like I don't produce enough oestrogen. I suffer with endometriosis I have just had a large cyst removed it was attached to my Ovary so they had to remove my ovary I think this is cause me my problem just hope they can sort something out to get us there. Hope everyone else are ok 😪

Offline Sassy-lassy

• Gold Member
    Oh Kathy, I'm really sorry to hear this.  Really, really rubbish news for you.  My lining has always been a sluggish developer, but the clinic knew my history and was ready with the Tamoxifen and oestrogen patches.  Maybe something worth asking about in advance for next time?  I also did everything from guzzling raspberry leaf tea, hot baths and castor oil packs with hot water bottles to help things along. 
    Perhaps postponing till June will give the rest of your body a bit more time to heal too.  It sounds like you've really been going through the mangle  ^hugme^.  Hope things get sorted for you - I do have a lot of faith in Iakentro, as they seem to  know what they're doing.  Hugs, Sassy x

Offline Danaa

Kathy I'm really sorry!!!!Hugs!!

Offline sparkys6887

Not sure if it's okay to post here what with being a man but I'm feeling very excited and wanted to share. If it's not appropriate maybe one of the moderators could delete my post.

Firstly though Kathy I'm very sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled. I can only imagine how disappointing/distressing that must have been.  :'(

Having started our treatment at IVI Valencia including me having my sperm frozen, my wife and I were very pleased to find ourselves at Iakentro on Wednesday 9th March having five day old blatocysts transfered having used donor eggs. Ruth Pellow was and has been fab!

Iakentro clinic is VERY different to IVI which is huge and full of staff wearing scrubs or if non medical all black. IVI whilst very professional was impersonal and on the day we were there was full of patients without enough waiting room for us all. We had been given the right runaround waiting for a donor match so the speed of which Ruth found us a choice of donor at either Iakentro or Spain was refreshing her straight talking together with care and support also brilliant.

On the day of the transfer the clinic organised a taxi for us from out hotel and Ruth also liased with a local acupuncturist and our doctor so my wife could have acupuncture both before and after transfer. The embryologist we met, Lucy was very clear and took time explaining the quality of the blastocyst's she was suggesting we transfer. She said whilst sometimes they suggest three with someone my wife's age as my wife's uterous was in good shape and so were the blastocyst's then two were suggested. We even got photos of the blastocyst's. The doctor was very efficient and fast. He seemed to really want us to be successful. The taxi ride back to our hotel was a little odd. There was a peaceful demonstration in Syntagma Square and some of the roads were shut and there were LOTS of riot police.

We both fell in love with Athens and also the Greek people. The day before we arrived in Athens the demonstrators had bought nappies, baby food and baby clothes to Syntagma Square for the refugees.

We stayed until Saturday and took in some of the site's. Last Monday my wife started bleeding and also had stomach cramps. We both feared the worst having had several miscarriages. Thankfully the bleeding stopped around midnight. My wife had her blood test on Friday and it was a long and very anxious wait till Saturday to get the result. Well she's pregnant and her HCG Level is 182. We're both delighted and to some degree still anxious. We have lost to many babies to be complacent but I really hope this works.

I was very pleased with Iakentro. Ruth is brilliant and I highly suggest going through her and the Greek people we met were the kindest, most generous and philosophical I've met :)

Sorry post ended up longer than I intended. To anyone who has already cycled at Iakentro very best of wishes. To anyone waiting  I wish you good fortune and anyone making up their mind whether to go there, if you want big and corporate I would go elsewhere. If you want clear communication in a small caring environment then go for Iakentro.

Mark

Offline Danaa

Congratulations Mark!!!Im so happy to be hearing positive stories about Iakentro am Bcs in planing on having ivf with them!!!

Offline Bear12

• Un-Ranked
    Kathy - I am so sorry your cycle was cancelled.  I also have endo and my consultant warned me that dealing with any ovarian issues could affect the quality of my response to ivf.  Perhaps giving your body chance to recover will give you much better prospects for your next try.  Hugs (()) as you must be so disappointed.

Mark- huge congratulations to you and your wife and fingers crossed that all goes well.

Can I ask how many nights you had to be in Athens ( i am going in May/June so could do with some advice)?

When is your first scan to see the baby(babies?!)

Offline sparkys6887

Hi and thanks for your well wishes. Had out second blood test today and get the results tomorrow. The nurse at our clinic here was very pleased with how it's gone so far. I think the first scan is nine weeks :)

I regard to how long we stayed. We made a little holiday out of it and flew out early Monday, had embryo transfer on Wednesday and came home on Saturday evening. We stayed at a lovely hotel in the centre called the Electra Palace Hotel. I'm gluten, wheat and dairy free so had been worried about food but we found a great restaurant called avocado which was less than give minute walk away and other tavernas were brilliant too. We did quite a bit of sightseeing and I was worried we had overdone it the day after transfer. We were lucky and had good weather 19/20 degrees. We stuck out like a sore thumb me in shorts and The Shirts and the locals in puffer jackets, scarves and hats ;)

I really wouldn't want to fly the day of transfer and a day after seems a good idea too.

Hope that answers your question. And very best wishes for your trip in June.

Offline KATHY

Hi all

Thank you all for your support over the last few days, Ruth is going to sort our a new treatment plan so everything crossed we will get there soon   ^pray^ ^pray^
    Mark - Big Congratulation to you and your wife I have everything crossed for you guys ^hugme^
    Bear12 - This will be our 5 trip to Athens we stay for about 7 day and stay at the Crowne Plaza where they have a roof top pool with is great to sit around and relax this time we are only staying for 4 night

Hope everyone else are ok big hugs  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline sparkys6887

Hi Kathy,

I really hope Ruth is able to help you out and that you're successful :)

Just to say all the hotels we looked at the roof top pools are summer only Electra Palace has a rooftop pool and an indoor pool too. It's quite small but relaxing too.