* Author Topic: Iakentro Clinic - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 2  (Read 56381 times)

0 Members

Offline aussielis

Im booked to come over from oz on 23 july staying at Athens Habitat has anyone else stayed there?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline KATHY

Hi Aussielie we have always stayed at the Crowne Plaza we flight out begging of June

Offline aussielis

Hi Aussielie we have always stayed at the Crowne Plaza we flight out begging of June

good luck i will be keen to hear how you go

Offline aussielis

Ladies,
    Can anyone tell me why Iakentro's frozen cycle's are so successful? Are they more successful than fresh?
    I just received an email from Pregen clinic in Spain saying frozen are never more successful?

Offline Danaa

Aussie wow,how can they say that?!I read thousands of success stories with frozen embryos,if they don't do it or they never had success with that doesn't mean it doesn't work,it means either they are not qualified enough for IVF or their embryologist doesn't do his job well enough,Ofc I might be wrong,I don't have enough info on the clinic to say these things are really true.If a frozen embryo survived through freezing and thawing well that means is one little strong embryo.

Offline aussielis

Aussie wow,how can they say that?!I read thousands of success stories with frozen embryos,if they don't do it or they never had success with that doesn't mean it doesn't work,it means either they are not qualified enough for IVF or their embryologist doesn't do his job well enough,Ofc I might be wrong,I don't have enough info on the clinic to say these things are really true.If a frozen embryo survived through freezing and thawing well that means is one little strong embryo.
    true and means it will have more chance of toughing it out and stick but what about if they freezing weakened it?

Offline Danaa

Well most of teh clinics freeze them at the blasto stage and if they got to blasto the chances for survival are high.if the embryo is not strong enough you will see at thawing and then the doctors will know what are the chances for success.Ofc I have no experience I'm talking only from what I have read online.i think the clinic should offer an explanation for why they state the fact that frozen embryos doesn't work Bcs there are hundreds of stories on the Internet that say it does work.

Offline Sassy-lassy

• Gold Member
    Have to say that at my first clinic - not iakentro - we had five frozen embryos which ALL perished in the thaw. I have also not had a bfp in any of the frozen cycles I have had (around 4 or 5 from memory, again not this clinic).  It could however be indicative of a sperm issue, as I too have heard that freeze cycles have v good success rates - just not with us.

Offline KATHY

Had my lining scan today and we are at 12mm hope we are on track for transfer next Friday  ^pray^ ^pray^

Offline Danaa

That is grt Kathy.FX for you.