Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Iakentro Clinic - Current Cyclers & General Support Part 2

81K views 621 replies 35 participants last post by  Danaa 
#1 ·
This thread is for

Ladies who are cycling at Iakentro or have questions about treatment at Iakentro clinic

• Members that are starting and completing their monitoring or actual cycles (whether it be IUI/IVF/ICSI/FET) during
this time

• Members who are trying a natural cycle after a hysto

• Members who are on their 2 ww

• Anything else that is relevant to members who are currently cycling or for members who have questions regarding anything to do with treatment at the clinic.

**This thread predominantly for cycle chatter and general support so please use the appropriate threads Including the Greek clinics BFP thread - the more the merrier ;) **

Things to keep in mind-

FF rules on Prescription Medication can be found here Rules on Buying Prescription Medication Please make yourself aware of these.

There is an extensive thread detailing places where drugs can be purchased legally at competitive prices. Pharmacies for Foreign Private Prescriptions (start at the last page for the most recent information).

Left over drugs should be returned either to your administering clinic, or to a pharmacy for correct disposal.***

Fertility Friends always recommends that you seek advice on all treatment related query's with your clinic/treatment provider.

*As ever, FF advises its members to verify any information relating to their clinic direct with their clinic and to research cycling abroad thoroughly*

For when you get your BFP please post here Greek Clinics Pregnancy Chat

If this is not you time and you'd like to chat with other ladies between treatment, then please drop in to the Inbetweeners Place

Take Care All & Good luck ^hugme^

Grey xx

Please Note:

Obtaining a Puregon Pen

If you have a problem obtaining one of these or you are not supplied with one with your prescription for puregon then you should ask your pharmacist to email Merck Sharp and Dohme Direct on customerservice_msduk@merck.com and they will send a kit to your pharmacist for you to pick up.

The pharmacist needs to email them their full postal address and you need to allow 2-3 days for it to be delivered.
Note: they will not send direct to you as it is part of a prescribed medication order. Also worth noting that when you hand in your prescription to your pharmacist that you should remind them that they should also supply the pen for administering the medication.

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

See less See more
#77 ·
Hi Ladies and Gents

Can I join you tentatively?  I have plans for a unsynchronised cycle for late July.

I am moving to DE, we have a OE child, moving to DE has been quite a big deal.  But it feels like the quickest best way to have a baby, still feel sad about it the though of being pregnant is exciting.  I spent quite long on the US donor sibling registry site last night, made me feel worse but better today.  Still not 100% there with DE, did anyone else feel like that?  It's mainly my OE child, feeling out it when older when his DE sib/s have all these donor half siblings, which he doesn't share (we will be telling the baby\my son about being DE).

We were at Serum but they cant get the donor we want.  Reading this thread has reassured me about the clinic. 

My understanding is that freeze cycles can give better results because you can implant the embryo at exactly the right point for you, and not trying to sychronise you with the donor.  Also I guess the strongest embryos survive the freeze, that said virification is so much better than classic slow freezing my understanding is you dont usually lose them with freezing (virification).  That said Ruth said they get same results with fresh or frozen embies.

I am wanting to do it more on my cycle, ie so I don't have to sychronise with the donor, and take less meds.  Has anyone else done that?

Thanks
x

#78 ·
Thanks for that info and good luck, I am off to see Ruth in July x

We were at Serum but they cant get the donor we want. Reading this thread has reassured me about the clinic.

My understanding is that freeze cycles can give better results because you can implant the embryo at exactly the right point for you, and not trying to sychronise you with the donor. Also I guess the strongest embryos survive the freeze, that said virification is so much better than classic slow freezing my understanding is you dont usually lose them with freezing (virification). That said Ruth said they get same results with fresh or frozen embies.

I am wanting to do it more on my cycle, ie so I don't have to sychronise with the donor, and take less meds. Has anyone else done that?

Thanks
x
[/quote]

#79 ·
I have an apoiment tomorrow.Im excited and scared.Im so happy our thread is getting busier,I really love someone to go trough all of this especially if we are seeing the same doc or clinic.

#81 ·
Good luck Kathy !
AFM just got a date for my abdominal cerclage to close my incompetent cervix : July 28th... I should be ok for my FET in Athens around the end of September/early October.

#82 ·
Good luck Kathy!!Frankheart good luck to you too.
I had my apoiment with doc Konstantinos at Iakentro,I like him a lot.Saturday DH goes for an SA while I wait for AF to show up so we can get this show on the road.

#83 ·
Hi

Thanks ladies just hope I get through these next few day ok feel great best I have ever felt
Very bloated.  Frankheart I wish you all the luck in the world I have been through the same as you I lost my little girl at 22 weeks if this work they will put a stitch in at 12 weeks just pray I get there this time I will keep you updated  ^hugme^ ^pray^

#84 ·
Thanks Kathy, I will be thinking about you tomorrow and sending you positive thoughts...hope your stay in Athens is successful  ^pray^
So sorry you had to go through losing your angel like me xxx

#86 ·
Kathy yay,so happy for you.Prayers for you!!!When are you testing?!

#88 ·
I will be sending positive vibes ur way Kathy.Good luck!!

#89 ·
HI LADIES

hope everyone is well, I am 5dp 5dt doing ok getting very nervous now blood test is Monday of own test on Wednesday not sure what to do had,  twinges on the first night of transfer and the next day but nothing else still feeling positive and just praying all is well  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

#90 ·
I have a good feeling too Kathy, I'm sending you positive vibes  ^pray^

#92 ·
OMG Kathy I'm so sorry! I'm devastated for you.
I hope you find peace in this terrible time  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#94 ·
Kathy I'm so so sorry !!!

#96 ·
Kathy so sorry hon. Thinking of you.

Lisa - the aa just says how pretty your embryo is. There are many stories of women getting bfn's with the best embryos and bfp's with bb or bc embryos. I can't remember the grade of my daughter but I don't think she was a 4aa.

Hi oci, how is your dd?

Hi everyone else. Life here busy but I can't stop thinking about my two little icebabies still in Athens. Dd2 is 16 months old now , and into everything. Twins at school.
So tentative plans for a last FET next summer. 😃

#97 ·
Aussie I don't know anything about embryos im still new at this.
Mierran you had IVF with Iakentro in Athens?what do you think about teh clinic and doc Konstantinos?!
Im doing IVF with him at Iakentro and im excited.

#98 ·
Danaa - clinic is lovely, small and intimate. It is a bit odd from outside as in a residential area in flats but v professional inside.

The doc is also lovely. Quite happy to chat about things and tweak your protocol to work well for you.

Success rates good and I loved their freeze all cycle. I did de so not had egg collection there but all clean in theatre etc.

Only thing to remember is that, in common with all Eastern Mediterranean cultures things are a bit more laid back than in the UK re timings etc. So take a good book and don't stress - it all works out fine :)

#99 ·
Mierran Ty for responding.
I live in Athens but I'm romanian,I met the doc,saw the clinic and i found everything grt and i really like the doc,he gave me 70% chances and that makes me feel uncomfortable bcs in IVF there is no 70% chances,I know I'm young but I don't know what to think.
I have my apoiment tomorrow to decide protocol and stuff and next week I'm starting teh stims.Im excited and scared.

#101 ·
Hello Everyone,

I have been following this thread for awhile but have felt about shy about getting into the mix. lol  Thought maybe it was time to introduce myself. 

I'm 44 years old from Alberta, Canada.  I have severe endometriosis unbeknownst by me until a full fertility work up last year.  My partner and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past 2-1/2 years. I've never been pregnant before.  Starting a bit late but I didn't feel ready before and thought better now then never!  We tried 2 round of IVF in the past year but after my surgery to remove endometriomas on both of my ovaries...and my age...both cycles were cancelled due to lack of response of my ovaries.  So DE was our next option.

We had been considering going to Iakentro in Athens for the past few months and have just gotten things going the last month through Ruth.  We will be going to Athens the last week of July.  Feeling a bit nervous and apprehensive. It has been good to read everyone's experiences here, though.  Helps me to know what to expect. 

Take care everyone

(ps. Sorry to hear about your recent experience Kathy)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.