* Author Topic: Follicle growth for those with low AMH/AFC - help!  (Read 1030 times)

0 Members

Offline Andi38

• Un-Ranked
Hi there,
Iíve started my first IVF cycle this month and was wondering if anyone can advise me on follicle growth. I have an amh of 1.6 and on my day 5 scan yesterday I had one follicle of 10 mm in my right ovary (previously 5.4mm), in my left I have x 2 that are 15mm (both previously 11mm), one that is 7mm (previously 6mm) and X2 that are 6mm (previously 5mm).
Iím in a panic that my cycle will get cancelled! Itís taken such a long time to get to this point, it would be so upsetting if it was cancelled after all the injections and build up. Does anyone know if the 7 and 6mm ones have any chance of catching up. Iíve been on 350iu of menopur and started cetrotide last night.
Iím so worried as I know that sometimes there isnít even an egg in a follicle!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline single39

modify
    Follicle growth for those with low AMH/AFC - help!
    « Reply #1 on: 8/01/16, 22:39 »
    Hi
    Such a stressful time isn't it! I remember my first cycle first scan and I had one 9mm follicle and I burst into tears. Ive only ever had  2 or 3 follicles in total but the small ones have always caught up with the main one at the end and Ive injected for about 10 days. First time got 2 mature eggs from 2 follicles, second time got 2 mature eggs from the 3 follicles and a BFP but sadly miscarried. As I have low AMH and am officially old the clinic let me decide whether to cancel but they have been  happy to continue as they know Im never going to get more than a few eggs. You only need one good one! Hope it goes well for you.

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 8/01/16, 23:32 »
    Hi Andi

My AMH is only 2 and just to reassure you mine were looking small but had a huge growth spurt between days 8 and 10, I had 4 follicles and all had eggs in on EC day despite measuring too small at the last scan I had, your trigger will give you an extra boost too

Good luck!

L xx

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/01/16, 23:45 »
    Ok so just checked my stimms chart for you

Day 8
    2 X 13-14
    2 X 10-2

Day 10
    1 X 18
    1 X 17
    1 X 15
    1 X 12-13

Triggered on day 10 and all had eggs