* Author Topic: MFS or Care Manchester  (Read 1008 times)

0 Members

Offline Gulnaz

• Sr. Member-10017
  • All good things come to those who wait!
modify
MFS or Care Manchester
« on: 9/01/16, 22:12 »
Hi

I am so confused at the moment as to which clinic to go to. I suffer from PCOS and this seems to have affected my previous failed cycles. I am taking these next couple of months to improve egg quality etc. So i am  wondering if any ladies with PCOS have had success at either clinic. I cant afford to book a consultation at each clinic etc as this will reduce my treatment fund but even when you email the clinics they wont tell you anything unless you book a consultation. TIA

Naz xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    MFS or Care Manchester
    « Reply #1 on: 19/01/16, 07:29 »
    Hi Gulnaz

Care do a free open evening and I imagine MFS do similar or you can book in for a tour with a patient advisor with them why don't you do that? I'm a patient at Care and can't fault them, haven't cycled with MFS but I have been and seen all the areas behind the scenes too and I was very impressed with them too

L xx

Offline Gulnaz

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    MFS or Care Manchester
    « Reply #2 on: 19/01/16, 22:54 »
    Thank you for your reply.

We cycled with care in 2012,  but am looking at the clinic where i would achieve success. As this would be our last go.

Offline Bax

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    MFS or Care Manchester
    « Reply #3 on: 26/01/16, 17:37 »
    Hi Gulnaz

I don't have any experience with PCOS, but I have cycled with MFS (six times!) and they have been brilliant.  I'd also recommend going to one of their open days so you can get a feel for the place, and their experiences/recommendations with PCOS.  Good luck!

Offline Helen78

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    MFS or Care Manchester
    « Reply #4 on: 31/01/16, 23:01 »
    Hi Gulnaz,

I used MFS for my 2nd cycle. I'm a PCOS sufferer but we also have sperm issues. Our 1st cycle (successful but with poor quality embryos) was with St Mary's, MFS felt it wasn't the best protocol for PCOS sufferers and changed to a short protocol. Much better quality embryos and had some frosties (one of which was also successful).

I have no experience of CARE but if we decide to try for no 3 we will go back to MFS  :)

Good luck with wherever you decide xxx

Offline Gulnaz

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    MFS or Care Manchester
    « Reply #5 on: 1/02/16, 19:52 »

Hi

Thank you for the replies.
    I have decided to go with MFS.
    I have always been on short protocol but had poor quality eggs.
    I have emailed them twice and received no reply.

Thanks again x