* Author Topic: Hysteroscopy Athens - Part 3  (Read 57959 times)

0 Members

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
modify
Hysteroscopy Athens - Part 3
« Reply #20 on: 17/01/16, 09:38 »
Boo - welcome  ^hugme^ what happens at a hysto is described on the front of this thread. You'd then go to serum for a consultation so they can tell you how it went and prescribe any further meds if necessary.  Good luck with your treatment - you're in good hands  ^hugme^

Cupid - glad all went well  ^hugme^ All the very best for your FET with your newly renovated "baby room"  ;)  ^hugme^

Grey xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rafmrs

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 17/01/16, 13:16 »
    Hello ladies,

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread. My infection tests came back all clear this morning (woohoo!), so I've booked my hysteroscopy with Serum for March 2nd. I just wanted to get a bit of a heads up of what to expect and how it all works. I've got frozen embryos waiting for me at my London clinic, so I'll be doing an FET on my next cycle all being well. I'm new to Serum, so just a bit unsure of things. If anyone can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it.

I hope you're all well.

Boo xx

I'm booked to have my hysto there that day too (I had one last June there as well). We will need pre op the day before xxx

Offline Caz15

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 17/01/16, 13:26 »
    Hello ladies,

I am going out to Athens next month for a hysto and want to organise some medical travel insurance. I see that Travelshield is recommended and have been on their site but not sure if it's the ivf option that I need or the elective surgery? I'm just having the hysto on this trip so not strictly ivf although it's related of course. The quote for elective surgery is £100 more expensive so I'm hoping it's the ivf option I need (coming out at around £70 for a three day trip).

Thanks.

Caz x

Offline Cupid87

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 17/01/16, 14:42 »
    Caz15 - I phone travels girl as i wondered the same and she said the Ivf option covers hysteroscopy and she emailed me it in writing to confirm. It cost 40.46.
    No need to add your partner to it which I did st first it came out as 70. She told me on the phone just to put me on it. As my fiancée has normal travel insurance with the bank already. It's a lot cheaper to get him travel insurance else where if your partner doesn't have any. Hope this helps

Offline Cupid87

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 17/01/16, 14:43 »
    Sorry predictive text. That meant to say I phoned travel shield

Offline Caz15

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 17/01/16, 16:09 »
    Thanks very much Cupid. I'll go for the ivf option then and take DP off as he already has normal travel insurance.

Caz xx

Offline Boo13

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 17/01/16, 16:20 »
    Thanks Greyhoundgal - seems to be pretty straight forward, just need to sort out my travel insurance once we've booked flights/accommodation which we will do this week.

Rafmrs - we will be hysto buddies! We are looking to fly in on Feb 29th and go home on March 4th x

Offline Rafmrs

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 17/01/16, 16:44 »
    Same as us, we are on the stansted flights with Ryanair. Flying on the 29th, sightseeing and pre-op on 1st, hysto on the 2nd then flying home on the 3rd.

Which hotel are you staying in? X

Offline Boo13

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 17/01/16, 19:13 »
    Just PM'd you Rafmrs x

Offline Cupid87

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 18/01/16, 16:42 »
    Does anyone know this? The 2 white pills we take after hysto 2 a day. Is it 2 at once. Or one twice daily ? X