* Author Topic: Hysteroscopy Athens - Part 3  (Read 57882 times)

0 Members

Offline Daisyboo1203

modify
Hysteroscopy Athens - Part 3
« Reply #60 on: 28/01/16, 10:24 »
I took the brown pills for 20 days to time with next IVF cycle. They said I would get my period 3-4 days after stopping. I got my period 4 days after stopping, bang on time

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline natasha0483

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 29/01/16, 18:40 »
    Hi everyone,

I'm planning to go to Serum for initial consultation with Penny, aquascan (and hysto if needed) beginning of March. The appointment at Serum is mid-afternoon on a Friday, is it ok to book flights for the Sunday morning? ie if I have to have the hysto on the Sat is it ok to leave Sunday am?

Thanks!  :)

Offline Cupid87

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 29/01/16, 20:08 »
    Natasha that will be fine, I had my hysto on sat morn and flew home 6.40 Sunday morning.
    And thanks daisy boo x

Offline A Burning Desire

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 30/01/16, 15:36 »
    Hello All,
    Have been reading around in here and found out some things a bit extra to the info I got from Katie at Serum, have a couple of questions.
    Background is- I have done LM test and the god awful ABs. Now got an appointment for aquascan with possible follow on of hysto the next day (I have issues with lining and never had any investigation done yet).
    Katie said I just need to be there for two days and not be on my period.

Info here says better to be just after period for thin lining. Mine only gets to 4mm anyway, is that thin enough? It will be circa day 19 on the date I've been given for hysto, shall I wait till beginning of March instead? Won't be any risk of pg as I am single

Flights wise she said ok to fly back in evening. There is one at 6:30pm- is that too early? The cheapest one next day is 90 more though and an extra day off work and extra night hotel :-(
    Any advice greatly appreciated. I do tend to fret about the decision making bits.
    Thanks in advance!

Offline natasha0483

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 30/01/16, 16:10 »
    Thanks v much Cupid! Will go ahead and book. x

Offline Suki Dean

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 30/01/16, 17:52 »
    Hi! Is anyone having a hysto on Wednesday 3rd at Mitera hospital? I'm quite nervous and I'm hoping for a hysto-pal to chat to. Xx

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 31/01/16, 10:08 »
    Burning desire - you'll be ok to go back in the evening but do be aware that the hysto is done under GA so you won't be able to drive that evening if you're driving home from the airport....

Re timings.....they just want lining nice and thin and to be absolutely sure you're not already pregnant. So if you're sure of both those things you can probably be the master of when you visit.

Grey xx

Offline A Burning Desire

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 31/01/16, 11:11 »
    Thank you Grey, good point. I guess I won't really feel like traipsing round an airport and several hours on a plane either  ::)
    I guess that means the extra money or a different month. Some thinking to do...

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 31/01/16, 13:43 »
    A Burning desire, have you thought about a neupogen wash for helping your lining to thicken? I know people who have had success with this. Have a look at this: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=242395.msg3904721#msg3904721

Offline Cupid87

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 31/01/16, 22:32 »
    Hi , I've inly taken 4 brown pills post hysto and I think my period might be here? I'm suppose to take ten brown pills and expect a period? Going to email penny in the morning but just wondered if anyone else had this