* Author Topic: Hysteroscopy Athens - Part 3  (Read 57889 times)

0 Members

Offline A Burning Desire

modify
Hysteroscopy Athens - Part 3
« Reply #80 on: 4/02/16, 20:41 »
Yes Caz, it is nice to know of someone else there  :). Our timings just a smidge off but makes surprising difference.

I have been trying to sort out stuff for my trip this evening and a bit concerned to find that medical travel shield have declined to give me an online quote  :o
Had a bit of a search around in FF and not found any talk of issues with that yet.
I am hoping it isn't cos of either my age or the trip being soon
Have played around with changing names, age and dates but still got a no go.
I guess I have to ring them tomorrow during work hours (another interesting phone call for just outside the office ;) )
Anyone any ideas / advice to save me fretting between now and then?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 6/02/16, 09:42 »
    A burning desire, it can't be your age as I got a quote and I am 46. I did the elective surgery quote not the ivf one. Is this the one you did? maybe a phonecall would be better anyway.

Offline Snowfox

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 8/02/16, 16:39 »
    Hi ladies, a quick question regarding the hospital where hysto gets done. Once you get there, where do you go? main entrance, main reception? Who do you ask? I tried to check out the website but is all in greek ... Thx

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 8/02/16, 21:29 »
    You go downstairs, which are by the lifts to the left of the door and there is another reception desk. I think it is adult admissions or something like that.

Offline Snowfox

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 9/02/16, 07:56 »
    Thanks njr_26, is the signage in english as well?

Also, anyone had a problem getting there by taxi? I mean, in the main thread it says that not many know where these new hospital is...

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 9/02/16, 08:16 »
    You will go downstairs to adult admission but please don't worry about it as you can ask in the information desk when you arrive at the hospital. They have always been helpful to me.

I never had any problems with taxis finding their way there but been charged quite differently each time :-). Most taxi drivers don't seem to know where Serum is when you go back after the operation. Last time I was there I gave the taxi driver the address which contained a phone number so she called up serum and asked for directions :-) . Everyone is very helpful at the hospital so you have nothing to worry about. Good luck!!

Offline Snowfox

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 9/02/16, 12:54 »
    Very helpful Jenso, thank you so much!!!

Offline Kathyliz

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 9/02/16, 18:54 »
    Hi
    I went to the hospital today for my pre-op.

The taxi cost 7Euros - which was a huge surprise!

I was taken straight in, the staff were incredibly efficient and I was ready to leave in 40 mins. DH speaks a limited amount of Greek but we've had no problems at all communicating in English.

Kathy x

Offline Hopeful4us

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 11/02/16, 23:37 »
    Hi all,
    My first post on here, I am off to Serum next week too. Appointment and Aqua Scan and DH's Tuesday too. Have a potential hysteroscopy booked for Wednesday. Am feeling nervous and excited all at the same time. Kathy will be there at the same time as you! Wishing all of us good luck over the next month or so x

Offline Hopeful4us

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 11/02/16, 23:41 »
    Opp's just realised you were already there!
    Hope it all went well. X