* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124418 times)

0 Members

Offline SryGrl

modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #100 on: 30/08/16, 12:46 »
Good afternoon Ladies,

Louie Mac - Congratulations on your ^BFP^^banana^ ^Exercise!2^ ^banana^ That's fantastic!  Will you have blood tests done? Will you have an early scan to find out how many are in there?

GirlSolo - All modesty is inded out the door with an ET! Great that you have some of both. Did you put in 3 girls or a mix? I live in the 'burbs. I take the train from Walton-on-thames to Waterloo, then the Northern line to Old Street (switching at Kennington). I just want to mention, you can go ahead and apply for the BOB button, without needing a doctor's certificate or the like.

AFM - I am chilling out in my hotel room after yesterday's FET. I had 2 put in - one of each flavour - and they thawed nicely. I am at the Acapulco hotel. I plan to go down to the beach or pool in the mornings and retreat to my hotel room during the hot afternoons.I will return to England on Friday.

XX

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline louie_mac73

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 1/09/16, 21:55 »
    SryGirl, hope you've enjoyed your last day and the embies are both snuggling in nicely!!

I'm going to the nurse practitioner n the morning to see if I can get an nhs blood test. If not, I'll have to go to Manchester on Saturday which is a bit of a pain. Also going to ask to be referred for early scan as I've had the ivf too.  Still getting positives and got 2-3 weeks on a digital yesterday 😊

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 3/09/16, 21:12 »
    Hello ladies

Sorry for the delay in getting back - returned back to work straight after Cyprus as its been quite consuming.

Louie Mac - Big congratulations on your wonderful news! It gives hope to others going through the journey to know that it can work. Try to enjoy every precious moment being pregnant ready for your beautiful bundles of joy. X

SryGirl - Hope you had a great stay at Acapulco hotel and that the FET went well?

Unfortunately my tandem IVF cycle resulted in a BFN (waited to do both pregnancy and blood test on 12dp5dt) to avoid getting stressed out or upset. I'm thinking of giving myself a couple of months to re-live life out of the IVF bubble and return to Dogus for a fresh DE IVF cycle in November. I've only told Andri the results today so will wait to see what the clinic would advice.

To all other ladies heading out in Cyrpus this month - wishing you all the very best of luck and baby dust!
    XX

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 4/09/16, 16:00 »
    GirlSolo, very sorry to hear about your BFN.  I believe in previous message you mentioned you got  2 embryos to freeze. Please forgive me for asking, why have you decided to go to fresh DE cycle if you have 2 frozen embryos?

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 4/09/16, 17:47 »
    Hi Lily

Thank you and I'm just taking each day at a time.

There's a lot of emotion tied up with each cycle - so I do have a couple of questions that I'm waiting to hear back from Dr S about any further tests or investigation around implantation before going for another cycle.

For me using the 2 frozen embryos is the obvious course of action but may not be the right one. I had PGD with my last tandem cycle mainly as I was trying with my OE and not sure if this may have affected the embryos. I've also paid for the 2 frozen embryos to be stored for 3 years so can use these later (part of me is also question their quality if they are used).

Like everyone else I really want the next cycle to result in a positive - so if I went for a new DE - would that make a difference? Also I would be able to transfer up to 4 embryos and would opt not have PGD with the next cycle.

X

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 4/09/16, 18:45 »
    Good evening  Ladies,

I tested this morning and got a negative,  but I would count this as day 5 1/2 after 5dt, as my ET was at 3pm on the 29th, and I tested this morning at 4.30am. I am not giving up yet, but I think I should look at my next steps if I end up with a BFN. If I get a BFN, it would be the third in a row (1 fresh SET and 2 double FET's from same donor.)  I suspect that I have implantation problems stemming from my blocked fallopian tubes and/or the manual delivery of the placenta from my SB earlier this year. I have already met with a doctor and if I get a BFN, will proceed with a lap & dye and removal of fallopian tubes, and then do a fresh cycle.

When I was at Dogus last week, it was very briefly mentioned that there are a number of changes in the law that will be applicable to "new" patients over age 45 (for all North Cyprus clinics) that this would include completing a questionnaire and providing medical reports that would then be sent to a government ministry, which would decide whether to grant permission to have the DE IVF procedure.  "New" patients would include existing patients that are going with a new fresh cycle (as opposed to FET). I am concerned as I am almost 51 and I a m unmarried  (but have a male partner), and it didn't seem very clear precisely what factors would result in a rejection of the application.  I had to complete a form even though I was going through FET, but there was no requirement to submit a request for permission. QuestionS included previous children, previous attempts, surgeries and other medical data, as well as age and marital status. Has anyone heard anything about this?

GirlSolo - I am so very sorry about your BFN. Perhaps we will be doing our next cycle around the same time? In light of the comments I made above, perhaps it might be better for you to proceed with another fresh cycle before more changes are implemented and have more snowbabies available for later (which you might be grandfathered for FET's)?

Xx

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 4/09/16, 22:35 »
    Good evening SryGirl,
    Fingers crossed you will get BFP this time.
    It seems North Cyprus has decided to go from one extreme to another: from no age limit to age 45. Well, North Cyprus clinics will end up loosing patients as most countries allowing DE have age limit 50.

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 5/09/16, 09:56 »
    Good morning SryGirl

Welcome back and really hoping that the early results turn into a BFP.

It's good to hear that you've thought ahead and found a potential solution to the implantation issue - this is what I'm hoping Dr S can provide for me. I've previously had an Aquascan and HyCoSy tests, neither showed any issues. I want to know what can be done to improve the implantation given that I had an endometrial scratch with the last cycle (e.g more hormones, saline wash pre-transfer, different blood tests etc) rather than throwing more money into a cycle which is doomed to fail.

That's really worrying to hear about the changes in the law in North Cyprus for "new" patients over age 45. I know that the law on treatment age has always been higher compared to South Cyprus - these changes tend to be as a result of legal cases, complaints or bad publicity to the country rather than the clinics directing them. When I flew out they had just instigated the compulsory written cardiologist report/ECG for all patients aged 45 and over. I've read that Team Miracle will now be stopping the PGD tests as a result of patients complaining that they didn't have the outcome they expected. It's a real shame as these complaints have now potentially changed treatment options for many future patients, not the fault of the clinics.

I'm waiting to hear back from the clinic but I definitely need a couple of months to recover from the last cycle and think that November may be a better time to start with a fresh DE cycle. It would be wonderful to do our cycles around the same time and that for both it results in a positive outcome.

In the meantime embrace your PUPO and sending positive thoughts that you get that BFP.

xxx

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 5/09/16, 12:13 »
    Hi GirlSolo,

Thanks for information about PGD at Team Miracle. Can you please give a link where you have read about it as I couldn't find anything on Team Miracle website.
    Re. ET since I have high NK cells and known autoimmune condition I will transfer 2 embryos only. I think if my body implantation issues it would be waste of embryos to transfer more. It makes more sense to me to freeze more embryos, try to solve implantation issues and then transfer frozen embryos. But that's just my thoughts and I will discuss it with Dr Firdevs .

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 5/09/16, 12:46 »
    Hi Lily

I didn't realise you were being treated at Team Miracle - you realise that this is thread is for people being treated at Dogus?

As with the information provided by SryGirl - none of this appears on either of these clinics websites. I read this from a posting by Kim83 on the following thread https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=346791.0

Hope this helps.