* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124413 times)

0 Members

Offline GirlSolo

modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #120 on: 23/09/16, 00:29 »
Good luck SallySmiles!

I'll be going back to Dogus in November - best advice is to relax & stay positive.
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 24/09/16, 15:00 »
    Thank you ! I'm getting excited and nervous now. I can't stop thinking that we aren't going to get to blasto day 5. We don't really know what OH sperm is like as last cycle with my 1 rubbish egg didn't fertilise. We were told it was more than likely my egg that was bad but I just worry! He has very low count but told it's fine for ICSI I guess we always think worst case through all this x

Offline Lore

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 25/09/16, 07:53 »
    Hi everybody,
    First of all I want to say good luck to all you ladies going to Dogus!
    I went for a tandem cycle in august . I am 39 and after many tests  in uk they told me I suffer from premature ovarian failure and they strongly advised against IVF with OE referring to it as a waste of time and money. Of course , I was devasted when I heard and I started researching the internet to see what i can do to improve my fertility just refusing to accept their diagnosis. So I completely changed my diet, gave up lots of things , started taking all sorts of natural supplements, going to acupunture and yoga for about half a year but unfortunately , nothing changed.
    I knew I had to do something more and because prices for IVF treatments are, as we all know, ridiculously high, I started reseaching clinics abroad. I think it took me several months until I finally decided to go for Dogus. Reviews were very good and they did the tandem cycle, which I have to admit was something I had never heard of before but was exactly what I needed because it gave me the opportunity to also try OE.
    So I contacted Dogus and lovely Andri replied straight away with all information. From that moment it all started rolling. Andri was absolutely amazing : so organised, so helpful. She sent me the protocol and everytime there was something important to do ,she would send me a reminder . She would even send me an email the day my period was suppose to come. I really felt like I had  a guardian angel who was watching over me at all times.
    We stayed in Cyprus for three weeks for the whole treatment. We stayed at Oscar Hotel which was lovely. We met Doctor S . I loved the fact that he was very professional . He does not speak a lot of English but Andri and Aishe , the receptionist, would translate for us. He answered all our questions trying to help as much as he could but without giving us vain hopes.
    During the treatment , the clinic would send a car to take us from the hotel to the clinic and back whenever we had to do scans. The other days , they would just send the nurse to give me the injection at the hotel. I felt very relaxed as I did not have to worry about anything. We spent most of the days by the pool or sightseeing. It felt like a holiday.
    Finally ,egg collection day came. News were not so great. I only had 3 eggs but my donor had 14. Out of my 3 only one fertilised but unfortunately it  stopped developping on day 4. We were disappointed of course but we had 8 very good blastocysts from our donor. We transferred 2 , froze 6 and started praying to god.
     The next two weeks were the hardest part of the whole experience. Back in London, being too afraid to even breathe, as Andri recommended total rest, millions of thoughts  and doubts crossed my mind. I had absolutely no symptoms of being pregnant except for some cramps now and then and I was too terrified to test early. So I lived in doubt for 12 days and then the morning my beta blood test was due I did a pregnancy test and for the first time in my life I saw a positive.
    I am now six weeks pregnant and I wish you all ladies to experience the happiness of seeing that positive result. Dogus, Doctor S , Andri and all the lovely nurses ,that looked after us , have completely changed our life. There aren't enough words to say thank you.
    Good luck!😊🤗

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 25/09/16, 10:58 »
    lore that's such a lovely post! I really hope it works for us too. Such a strange feeling being scared stiff and excited at the same time isn't it! I get a wave of butterfilies than that wave of dread after!  Can I ask a silly question ! Do you ware a gown for scans or egg transfer? Sounds silly but working out weather to ware a dress or top and bottoms to remove lower garments lol xx

Offline Lore

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 25/09/16, 12:47 »
    Hi SallySmiles,
    Thank you! It's not a silly question at all. I remember have the exactly the same dilemma. For the scans you can wear anything because it is only an external scan and even if you wear a dress , the nurse will cover you with a towel . For the egg collection and transfer they , they will take you to a private room where you will have to change into a gown they will provide.
    I wish you all the best of luck and send you all positive vibes! 😊

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 25/09/16, 21:46 »
    Congratulations on your wonderful news Lore!

You would have been having your treatment at the same time as me and louiemac in Dogus as we were there in August for 3 weeks. Unfortunately my tandem IVF resulted in a BFN but will be back out for a fresh DE cycle in November.

Do you mind me asking if this was your first IVF cycle that worked first time?
    X

Offline Lore

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 26/09/16, 07:29 »
    Hi GirlSolo,
    I'm so sorry for you BFN but well done on not giving up hope. Miracles do happen !🙏 Yes , this was my very first IVF . I must say , despite all the disappointments in the past, I feel very lucky and grateful as I know many 
    people do not get a BFP on their first try!
    All the best of luck in November and come back with good news ! X

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 26/09/16, 15:13 »
    Thank you Lore!

I have never got to embryo transfer before as our 1 egg didnt fertilise. Do you put your legs in stirrup things or is it the same position as a scan if you get me?! xx

Offline Lore

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 26/09/16, 18:34 »
    SallySmiles
    I'm afraid that is a question I cannot answer. They had to do my transfer under anesthesia because my uterus is so tilted foward that access is really awkward . They did not want to risk not being able to get in. But i would assume they do put your legs in stirrup as i remember them asking me to move down toward it just before falling asleep. Xxx

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 27/09/16, 15:50 »
    Hi SallySmiles

When you're in the theatre for the embryo transfer - even though you'll have a robe over clothes be prepared to have the whole lower half completely exposed.

Your legs will be positioned into stirrups for the catheter to be positioned in in the right place and you will be able to see the embryos being put into place. The room will have a fair few people including Andri, Ashia, Dr S, embryologist and nurses but I focused on the end process rather than the embarrassing situation.

Are you trying a tandem IVF cycle? Really wishing you luck with the cycle - if you have the intralipid it will be an additional 100 euros.

x