* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124422 times)

0 Members

Offline KateLW

• Un-Ranked
modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #130 on: 27/09/16, 19:49 »
Hi all, 

This post makes me feel so optimistic with all the BFP's.  After failed ICSI cycles and 2 miscarriages using oe and dp sperm,  we have decided embryo donation is our best option.  We had one cycle in Czech but after heartbeat at 7 weeks, found had missed miscarriage at 12 weeks.  We are seriously considering embryo donation at Dogus but have a couple of questions if anyone can help.  We would choose frozen embryo donation instead of a fresh new cycle.  I have been told 2500 for 3 embryos of 3500 for 3 with PGD testing and gender selection.  We don't want gender selection but I would like PGS which is chromosome testing.  Do Dogus do this?  The email only mentions PGD.   Has anyone used frozen embryo donation before? 
Thanks
Kate

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 27/09/16, 21:32 »
    Hi Kate

So sorry to hear about your miscarriages but wonderful to see your strength, determination and positivity with your next cycle.

I had a tandem IVF cycle at Dogus in August which resulted in a BFN and will be returning back for a fresh DE IVF cycle in November (with donor sperm) - is there a reason why you're opting for a frozen embryo cycle?

I had PGD on my last cycle mainly as I was using my own eggs - I was told this tested for any genetical diseases, chromosome as well as the gender of the embryo. I've opted not to have PGD for my next cycle as both the donors are likely to be in their 20s with a comprehensive health check when they provide their sample/donate eggs.

Prior to this cycle I have a number of blood tests that Dr S has suggested that I do to see why the previous cycle didn't work - not sure if you have had the same advice from the clinic in Czech?
    x

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 28/09/16, 15:17 »
    hI GirlSolo,

Ah so doesn't really matter what i ware then?! was wondering if a dress might be better but if they put a gown on maybe not??! had enough people looking down there so not too bothered really like you said looking at the end product. Just wondered what might be the most dignified outfit you could ware lol

We are not doing a tandem cycle had 1 go with my eggs and i responded terribly to stims got one egg and it didnt fertilise so donor was a non brainer being told with my eggs its a 5% chance ! we are doing intralipids after transfer.

Cant believe we fly Friday its come round so quickly all of a sudden x

Offline KateLW

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 29/09/16, 10:47 »
    Hi GirlSolo

Thanks for replying, hopefully this next cycle will be the one for you.  Our reason for ICSI originally was sperm issues, we could use dp sperm but it was frozen and now it seems that my egg quality is declining aswell.  I am 38.  Since we would be using double donor, and we felt that FETs seem to do almost as well as fresh transfers and it's cheaper, we would go with that.  I would also struggle getting specific time off work, so I could plan a FET better. I think they are embryos which couples have not needed, but they have still come from donor eggs and sperm.  It seems to be popular in Czech Republic but not so much in other clinics.  Dogus says they can even provide embryos which have had PGD tests, although it is more expensive, 3500 for 3 instead of 2500, I want to try and throw everything at this cycle. 

I used 20mg prednisone and clexane when I got my first positive after 5 previous transfers but it was a chemical, I used the same when I carried my twins till 13 weeks but think chromosome issues were the problem then as it was oe.  The clinic in Czech would only give me 5mg prednisone and no clexane but had missed miscarriage, hospital tested the tissue after d&c and it was normal so I blame lower dose of immune treatment.  I will defiantly use higher dose of prednisone and clexane next time.

Sorry for long post, good luck to Sallysmiles aswell
    Kate

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 29/09/16, 23:14 »
    SallySmiles - So exciting that you'll be flying out tomorrow. I wore a dress for both egg collection and embryo transfer for my tandem cycle. In my case 3 eggs were collected from me but none survived day 5; so 3 donor embryos were transferred. I would avoid wearing strong perfume on transfer day but unlike the UK you're allowed to keep nail varnish and make up on.

You'll be go into the theatre with gown over clothes but with underwear removed. Remember full bladder for transfer, you will be awake for the transfer (and be able to watch it from the screen of the ultra sound) and afterwards taken to your recovery room and given your intralipids (make sure Andri has it ordered and it's an additional 100 euros). As you'll be attached to an IV drip you'll need to use a bed pan to empty bladder. I made sure I had my iPod to hand to try to relax for the 1.5 - 2 hours for the infusion to go through. The nurse will also give your proluton injection and you can buy all your medication from the pharmacy round the corner from the clinic.

Kate - wishing you lots of luck with your FET. The medication protocol is very similar to your previous treatments - Progynova; Prednisolone 16mg; Folic acid, Baby aspirin, Doxycycline 100mg, clexane 4000, Proluton 500mg & Progesterone 200mgx3 and you may also want to opt for an intralipid. As mentioned you can buy all medication very easily (and more cheaply) from the pharmacies in Cyprus - Andri will have a letter written for any customs questions but make sure you leave space in your luggage to bring these back. I'm doing this as a solo mum and the driver of the bus that transports everyone to/from hotels (aka the fertility bus) came with me to the pharmacy after my embryo transfer.

I'm only flying out for 3 days for my fresh DD IVF cycle this November as you can have all your scans carried out in the UK then emailed over to Dr S. Before I fly out I'm having an endrometrial scratch, a fertility massage, an intralipid infusion (5-10 days before embryo transfer) plus acupuncture before and after to help with implantation. Like you I'm throwing everything into this cycle to make it work.

Good luck and plenty of baby dust all round that we share some more BFP! xxx

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 5/10/16, 01:32 »
    Could anyone give me the email address for this clinic thanks :)

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 5/10/16, 08:31 »
    Hello the email is [email protected] her name is Andri x

Update on me. We got 12 DE and 10 have successfully fertilised 😁 Transfer  day is tomorrow. Feeling very anxious as not got this far before just hope lots have made it to blasto x

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 5/10/16, 21:55 »
    That's fantastic news on DE and number of embryos.

Very exciting and you'll definitely have up to 4 embryos to transfer if you're going for the maximum number. For now try to relax and enjoy getting to the embryo transfer stage then being PUPO.

Crossing all fingers for you tomorrow and lots of baby dust.
    X

Offline Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 6/10/16, 07:05 »
    Thank you sallysmiles, and good luck for your transfer !

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 8/10/16, 13:59 »
    Hello girls,

We had 6 blasts in the end! The law has changed in Cyprus and they will now only put a maximum of 3 back. So I had 3 put back xx