* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124420 times)

0 Members

Offline RisingSun

• Un-Ranked
modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #150 on: 23/10/16, 23:30 »
Hi, I'm considering ivf abroad but finding it really difficult to find comparable information on success rates etc.  I'd really appreciate it if you were willing to give me some information about the clinic your attending?   I was wondering if anyone who has used this clinic could give me feedback on how they found doing own egg ivf there? 
How long were you abroad, and which cycle days? 
Did you get local scans before travelling?   
Did you get your medication locally or from abroad?   
Can you freeze additional embryos at this clinic?   
Do you know the success rates?
How much did the cycle cost? 
Would you use this clinic again?
Is there a bmi limit for treatment?
Is there anything else I should know?
I'm about to turn 40, my husband is 33. I lost a tube to an ectopic in 2014 and we've just discovered that the remaining tube is blocked.   All the other scans and blood tests are clear, so hopefully ivf has a good chance.

Hi mmc24,

I would recommend this clinic to anyone, we went over for egg donation so can't comment on the cost of this or time scale, but with egg donation (I believe this costs more than IVF using your own eggs) it cost us 4500 euros. They offer free airport transfers and a driver to take you to and from the hospital if you wish and then the drugs for afterwards worked out about 250. We were only out there for a week and flew back the same evening as having the embryos put back in.

If you send them and email through their website Andri responds so quickly and answers all your questions in great detail - it's worth an email even just to get a bit of extra info. She is so helpful and never pushy which was also really re-assuring, I liked the fact that after telling us the cost of treatment we were never asked for money at all, they said you pay after treatment is completed but we chose to pay on the first day so that we didn't have all the cash on us all the time.

We had the option to freeze embryos for 3 years at a cost of 1000 but we chose not to do this.

The medication Hannah needed before hand, Andri sent a prescription to a London pharmacy that send the meds out Royal Mail Special delivery.

Hannah had one transvaginal scan done in England at a private clinic - This cost us about 130 I think, we then emailed the scans over to Cyprus.

Hannah is now 3 weeks pregnant, very exciting time for us. Quite nervous at the same time though, I just want to wrap her up in cotton wool right now.

North Cyprus is lovely as well, such relaxing surrounding (and lovely food) you also don't need a lot of spending money out there as everything is so cheap.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline molis

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 27/10/16, 17:39 »
    Hi, you can contact Andri

[email protected]   

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 29/10/16, 00:10 »
    Hi Ladies,

I am taking meds now for a fresh donor cycle - ET is the week after next. Unfortunately I am battling a cold, but hopefully it will subside before I go out there. Anyone cycling in next few weeks?

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 30/10/16, 14:09 »
    Hello all

Hope you've all been keeping well.

Mmc224 - hope you've had success gathering information about IVF abroad. I've personally not been swayed by success rates - these are subjective and as we are all individuals, we react in different ways to the same treatment. My reason for selecting this clinic was the years of experience of Dr S, the none gimmick approach and the thorough medication protocol at a very reasonable price.

I did a tandem IVF cycle in August (own eggs and donor eggs at same time) where I stayed in Cyprus for 18 days having all my scans which cost 5,000 (price includes donor cycle and sperm donor) - additional costs were 750 for all the medication during the cycle, 1000 for PGD and 1000 to freeze embryos for 3 years. Cost for flights, accommodation and additional medication after embryo transfer are in addition and vary to your choices. This resulted in a negative for pregnancy but 2 embryos frozen for future use.

I'll be heading out again in November - this will be for a double donation cycle (e.g. donor egg and donor sperm) but will only need to spend 2 nights in Cyprus. Two scans need to be taken in London (Ultrasound Direct) whilst on the medication protocol from cycle day 1 in November (for me using medication from August) and will buy some further medication out in Cyprus as it's much cheaper than the UK.

I wouldn't hesitate going back to Dogus as I feel the care and treatment is better than that experienced in London. I don't think they have a limit on BMI but best to email Andri at [email protected] - you will need to have a healthy balanced diet when embarking on any IVF treatment.

SryGrl - excited to hear that your preparing yourself for a fresh donor cycle. I hope you manage to recover from your cold and that it all goes well for you. I'm flying out on 24 November and preying that this cycle for us both results in a BFP  ^pray^ ^reiki^.

x

Offline rohi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 31/10/16, 15:47 »
    Hello All,
    I am new to this site. We are currently researching and pursuing IVF+PGD in North Cyprus in Jan 2017. I however have a little dilemma:
    My husband's sperm sex ratio came back with only 32% Y sperm, and because we are desperate for a boy, we have decided that Microsort is very crucial to our success.

TM say they offer microsort inclusive in the 6100 euros, Bahceci says it is an extra 1500 euros and Dogus says its included in the 5000 euros.

Anyways, I sent an email to Microsort to inquire if any of the clinics do collaborate with them. I get an email back from the Head Program Coordinator stating that ONLY North Cyprus IVF has access to Microsort in the North Cyprus!! They said Bahceci has expressed interest in collaborating in the past but has not really come on board.

I've asked the 3 clinics to again confirm to me that they do indeed offer the patented Microsort and all 3 have sworn that they do. Now I am so confused!!! What do I do? North Cypru IVF is not an option at all.

Also, TM swears they are the ONLY clinic in North Cyprus that performs the Embryoscope as they the only ones that have the machine (they've asked me to confirm with the manufacturer Vitrolife). Howeverm the other 2 clinics also claims to offer it. Mind you, I can't think of any way to ask them tho prove that they really use it.

I am not so worried about the Embryoscope but Microsort is VERY important to us as I believe that is the only way to ensure we have embryos of the desired gender.

What to do???? :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 8/11/16, 12:42 »
    Hi  Ladies,

Rohi - I posted a response on the GS thread.

GirlSolo - Wow, this cycle has come on pretty quickly - only 2 weeks until you are back out in Cyprus! I suppose you've just started your meds? Fx this will be our time!

MMC - I'm doing donor egg (with DP's sperm), so I can't be much help in regards to OE IVF.I chose Dogus as the doctor is very experienced and the clinic has been around for over 20 years; the coordinator is quite friendly as well. Things are generally done less formally in North Cyprus, which could take some getting used to. But the quality of care seems good nonetheles, and the team is very friendly and positive,  Meds are generally cheaper in North Cyprus (though with the battering the pound has taken,the price difference is not as big as it was). You don't need an official prescription for the fertility drugs at the North Cyprus pharmacies, so if you want to top up on something it's generally not a problem. However, if you are crossing the border back into  the south, customs could Che k and it's good to have a letter from the clinic explaining what the drugs are for. Clexane takes up a lot of space, so make sure you have lots of room in your bag if you buy it.(In England, I definitely recommend Ali'sChemist). There are hotels that are on the sea in/near Kyrenia.Dogus will arrange for a driver to pick you up/drop you off airport and when you go for collection and transfer,

Rising Sun - Great to get some input from the male perspective and good luck to you and Hannah!

AFM - Yesterday was transfer day and I now have 2 embies on board and 6 in the freezer! I am spending today and much of tomorrow lounging around the hotel/pool before heading back tomorrow evening. I still have a little bit of a cold, but not too bad.

Xx

Offline rohi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 9/11/16, 13:17 »
    Thanks SryGirl.  PLease can you help with the following questions:

1. Did you use embryoscope? Embryoglue? Blastgen? assisted hatching?
    2. Which hotel are you staying in?

And goodluck to all the ladies going to Dogus soon!

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 9/11/16, 23:38 »
    Hello all

SryGrl - congratulations on being PUPO!

Hope the transfer went well and wonderful that you were able to freeze 6. You've been through so much and am preying that this is the one for us both.  ^reiki^ ^pray^

Rising Sun - big congratulations to you on Hannah on realising your dreams of being parents. Hope all has been going well and all the best with your scan.

Rohi - Hope you managed to get answers about Microsort and able to start planning your first IVF treatment.

My AF arrived as planned yesterday and started the meds today - a relief not to be injecting stims for my OE this time....although share the same concerns about using steroids  ;D. Everything is booked and having regular sessions of acupuncture, reflexology and fertility massage to keep me relaxed but more importantly in tune with my body.

To all having their treatment in November, good luck!

xx

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #158 on: 14/11/16, 04:56 »
    Hi Ladies,

It's 6.5 days past 5 day transfer for me, and I just tested on an early POAS. I saw a very faint line (after having tested negative yesterday morning), and DP saw it too. I'll test again the next couple of mornings; Fx!

Xx

Offline ecarg

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 14/11/16, 14:24 »
    Fingers crossed for you SryGirl, I've been following your journey and soooo admire you for your tenacity. I pray this is your time and your desire to mother your own baby is fulfilled. You are an inspiration.

Xx