* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124411 times)

0 Members

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #30 on: 14/06/16, 21:17 »
Hi Ladies,

Just looked at Dogus Success rates http://dogusivfcentre.com/ivf-success-rates/
They show over 45% for the age of 45+.
Are these results with OE? Amazing! I wonder how do they achieve such high success rates in older women?

/links

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 14/06/16, 22:18 »
    These stats are for Dr F at Team Miracle honey xxx

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 14/06/16, 22:29 »
    Thanks Cloudy. Clinics names are really confusing.  :)
    Still amazing results! I was under impression that for ladies over 45 even with good AMH/FSH the success rate would be quite low, well at least according to the UK statistics.

Offline Kes67

• My Ivf miracles
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 18/06/16, 12:28 »
    Hey everyone - I just got my BFP at Dogus (DEIVF). My OTD is Monday 20/06 12dp5td but something nagged me to test early so I did and got a nice strong at 7dp5dt. 2 days later (yesterday) my beta is 297.8 so very cautiously optimistic so far and thrilled that we have even got this far.

I cant fault this clinic (and I know its easy to say when you have a BFP, but even if this hadn't have worked I would still be on here singing their praises without a doubt and would have no problems recommending them. From the moment I contacted them to enquire about DEIVF, they responded quickly and answered all of my questions and their costs are lower compared to other clinics in NC which was another factor, you don't even have to pay a deposit. I was very surprised at the amount of drugs in the protocol and their recommendation for an endo scratch before and itrallipids on the day of ET but I cant help but feel this is why it worked this time for us as opposed to our previous try in Jan, where the meds prescribed was only progesterone pessaries and after the ET and progynova.

Andri was our co-ordinator and she was very organised and sent us through a choice of donors very quickly together with my protocol which was very clearly explained. I liked the fact as well that you can book your flights and hotel early on instead of waiting for the last minute to see how the donor is doing. We were told to book out flights for 08/06/16 returning on 15/06/16 and EC would be 09.06.16 and ET 14/06/15 as I would be having a 5DT. They gave us a list of hotels that we could book through them and prices per night. We liked the look of the Oscar Resort in Kyernia which is about 20 mins from the clinic and they told us that they would sort all transfers out for us (from the airport and also for the clinic trips). So we booked out flights and chose our donor. We shopped around on line to see if we could get a better price for the hotel which we did so we booked this ourselves, so this is well worth doing. I had read that some people  stay in the south and travel to the clinic themselves but we decided we would give the north a chance and so a bit of sightseeing while we were there.

Drugs - I already had lots of progesterone pessaries and estrimax (progynove) left from my failed cycle in Jan and Andri confirmed it would be okay for me to use these instead of having to buy more so we saved some money there. We decided to buy the meds for after EC and ET while we were there as we had heard they were much much cheaper than the UK, seemed daft not to. So Dogis sent us a prescription for prednisolone (enough for up to EC day) which we sent to Fertility to You. So we were all set, everything moving nicely along.....until my AF arrived early. Well I say that, I had a bleed and it was about 3 days after my endo scratch and to add tot he confusion, I had forgotten one of my bc pills a few days earlier - stuuuuuupid mare. I had no idea if this was SF arriving early or just a result of the scratch. I contacted the clinic and they responded within 24 hours with the advice that if we could move the flight and hotel forward then I should start meds the following day OMG!!! It cost us a little extra to change the flights but we didn't want to risk having to canx the cycle so decided to go for it. Flights changed to 02/06/16 - 09/06/16 EC = 03/03/16 and ET 08/06/16.

Started the meds, estrimax, prednisolone and baby aspirin (already) taking folic acid)on 22/05/16 and went for lining scan on 28/05/16 and lining was 7.8 so we were happy with that.

On 02/06/16 we flew into Larnaca. Flight was delayed for an hour due to air traffic strikes over France but as good as promised, our Driver was there and took us the hour and a bit journey, across the border to our hotel. Oscar Resort was great. We had been upgraded to a poolside suite so we were well pleased. We had upgraded to all meals too so we wouldn't have to worry about finding somewhere to eat. The pools were great, it was on the beach and the food was excellent. But boy it was hot.

The following day the driver picked us up for our appointment along with 2 other couples from different hotels - the fertility bus, all I could think was that the minibus should have been orange lol. When we got to the clinic Andri was there to meet us and we were booked in, paid the cash over and she went through what happens next and made us feel so much at ease. I was taken for the lining scan (lining was 11.5) and we went to meet the Doctor who was lovely although doesn't speak English. DH was taken off to do his bit and we were given the news that our wonderful donor had produced 12 eggs for us - wahooooooo!!!! thank you lovely lady, and given a list of the meds we would need. I was shocked to learn that we didn't need a prescription, we could just buy them over the counter.  The whole clninc visit only took about an hour and a half and we were back in the hotel just in time to grab lunch at 2.30pm. So then we just had to wait until ET day. I will say that Andi kept in touch the whole time to make sure we were okay and we knew she was there to ask any questions (which of course we did).

We managed to get out on some trips and see the area which made the 5 days pass really quickly and before we knew if we were waiting outside the hotel for the minibus on tf day. Gosh I remember how nervous we both were. I don't think we spoke for the while journey. Again we were met with a lovely welcome and were collected really quickly from the waiting room and taken up to a private room where Andri came in to sit with us and again explained what would happen. I was given a gown, cap and shoe s=covers to put on and told to remove underwear. As instructed I have been drinking water so I had a full bladder so was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable by the time they came to fetch me. When they did I was taken to another floor and into aside room where Andri stayed with me all the time. DH waited in the other room as partner's are not allowed in for some reason. Then the moment came - I all feels like a blur now when I think back and all happened so quick - I was ushered into the tf room where there were a swarm medical staff, I'm assuming the embryologists, Doctor and nurses and Andri who stayed by my side. We had decided to transfer 4 embryos after much deliberation taking into account the success rates, the chances of them all taking, my age and the fact we were not doing this again, not even freezing any. I think we may be slightly bonkers!!!! But seeing the 4 little embies on the tube being tf to the mothership was a moment I will never forget. One because someone was pressing very hard on my tummy with the scanner - errr ouch 'need a wee you know!!' and the other because of the hugeness of what we were doing. Amazing. Everyone in the room was lovely and they all wished me luck and hoped it would work. Andri left me at that stage and I was taken back to the room on the bed and had to lie for 2 x hours only using a bedpan to wee in - lovely!! I had horrific visions of it overflowing which it didn't thankfully. I chuckled every time the nurse came in and asked 'you pee pee' lol Bless her!!. I thought that 2 hours would drag but surprisingly it flew by. I was hooked up the intralipids which took about an hour and then the nurse administered my first clexane and my proluton injections. No probs. We were sent back down to the waiting room and Andri joined us again and went over the do's and dont's over the next few days, reiterated the drugs from now on and when we needed to get our beta done 20th 12dp5td. She was anxious to make sure that we had got all the needed we needed. Our driver delivered us safely back to the hotel for the final 24 hours of our trip. Andri sent us a lovely message after to wish us well - what a superstar!!

I still can't believe we did it and at the same time had a lovely week away. Combining a holiday with DEIVF is deffo the thing to do, I felt so so relaxed and I cant help but think this helped together with this excellent team and I am so proud I am turning out to be one of their success stories. I love this clinic !!

Just waiting for our 2nd beta on Monday 02/06 to check levels are increasing as they should and for a scan on 01/07/16 to check for heartbeat(s) and how many of the 4 have taken - eek!!
    Kes
    x

Offline julia3620

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 19/06/16, 11:08 »
    Kes,

Delighted that you posted such a long post and fantastic to hear you had such a good experience.

I have often wondered about Dogus but the thread is very quiet.

May I ask how much treatment was at Dogus.

Julia

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 19/06/16, 14:12 »
    Hi Ladies,

I'm mainly posting on the May/June DE cycle thread, but thought I'd give an update here as well. I'm staying in South Cyprus; ED/DP's contribution was on Friday (17/6). The donor had 13 eggs - which is fantastic, and my lining was at 11.3. ET is scheduled for 22/6; we are having GS (as DP already has 2 daughters, and we got used to the idea of a boy as I was pregnant with a boy until our SB at 30 weeks).GS involves first using micro-sort to pick out sperm likely to be that gender (about 80 percent accuracy) then there is fertilisation, and on day 3, the embryos go through PGD testing for chromosomes, including gender. The ET is day 5, same as normal.

I have had an endo scratch last month (in UK), and will be having intralipids on the day of the transfer.

Andri and the others at Dogus have been very friendly and helpful. I think they haven't received as much attention on FF because the doctor is not fluent in English, and they used to pass the English speaking clients on to TM until they left Dogus last year.

The cost of the treatment is:
    Donor egg - 4,500 euros
    Gender selection - 1,000 euros
    Embryo freezing - 500 euros for one year or 1,000 euros for 3 years.
    Intralipids - 100 euros
    Transfer of frozen embryo(s) in a later cycle - not quite sure; maybe 500 or 1,000 euros
    Note that like most clinics, the cost of the donor egg treatment covers the cost of the donor"s medication, but doesn't cover the cost of your medication.

Offline julia3620

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 19/06/16, 14:39 »
    Thanks Skygirl, really helpful information.

Keep us posted! and very, very good luck in our cycle!

Julia

Offline louiemac

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 19/06/16, 15:54 »
    Wow, Kes.  Can't imagine how you are feeling!  I bet you can't wait for a scan to see how many have taken!!!  Did you have or have you got any symptoms?  I'm off to Dogus in August and really can't wait now.  Thanks for such a long and informative post. It's good to hear from other people's experiences.  you mentioned paying - did you pay for everything on your first visit so it is all sorted?

srygirl. Got my fingers crossed for you too.  Bet you're having a lovely tome over there.  I'm looking  out of the window and it's tipping down here so August can't come too soon, even though it will be absolutely baking by then!

I'm going for 3 weeks and have scheduled my cycle as I'm teacher and want to go in the holidays. I'm having everything done over there except the endo scratch as it is so much cheaper than it is here.

Can you give any ideas about the costs of the meds?  I'm having everything I can as I don;t want to go through this again - I've already done 2 OE cycles and one DE cycle in Poland and all were BFN.  This is going to be my BFP.

Also, can you get a prescription for Intralipids to be administered back in the UK once you get BFP?

Thanks in advance

Louise

Offline Podgeley

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 19/06/16, 16:21 »
    Hello ladies, hope you don't mind me popping on here but wondered if any of you might be able to give a bit of info about DE IVF?

Firstly congratulations Kes that is such super news!  Brilliant beta numbers!

SryGrl - Fab number of eggs!  When do you find out how many blast? Good luck for Wednesday!

Waves to Louiemac and Juila and anyone else reading....I just need to go back to beginning of this thread and find out where everyone is..

We have tried OE at a clinic in Greece (who we have found to be lovely) and they are now recommending DE, which I think both DH and I are happy with as I am now just over 40 and know my eggies aren't getting any younger!  It's just with DE it opens up so many different possibilities....

How do Dogus match you and your donor?  Our current clinic choose for you and just give you a little bit of info (hair/eye colour, age and nationality I think) but although I do completely trust our current clinic, I wondered if this is normal for most clinics or if you get a bit more choice at different clinics.  I don't expect them to be able to match me exactly (and in someways it will be nice to know I am not passing on a few quirks if you know what I mean?!) but think I may feel a little bit more comfortable with slightly more information..

We are already so very lucky enough to have a gorgeous 7 year DS (our first IVF) but have just had our 6th bfn and desperately want a sibling (or two!) for him. 

Good luck and sticky vibes everyone!
    xxx

Offline louiemac

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 19/06/16, 22:13 »
    Hi Podgeley

When I cycled in Poland, I got to see picture of my donor and chose from that as well as many other characteristics and that didn't work so to be honest, I'll go with what someone else chooses now!  I can't remember off the top of my head what Andri told me about Dogus but I think it was just basic info and you choose between three?

Will you go to Cyprus then or are you going to stick with your clinic in Greece?  How have you found the treatment there?  How many embryos did you get and did you have any to freeze?

Louise