* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124417 times)

0 Members

Offline Kes67

• My Ivf miracles
modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #40 on: 19/06/16, 23:15 »
Oh gosh I've just seen how atrocious my spelling is on my last post - forgive me ladies, for that and the fact it was so long.

Thanks for you lovely wishes. It means such a lot xxx

Julia yes I was a little puzzled as to why it had gone so quiet on here but I think Srys explanation makes as lot of sense. Thanks Sry for posting the costs up.

Louise - how exciting that you are going out there in Aug - crickey it'll be hot then won't it. Aug will be here in the blink of an eye as well. I wish you all the luck in the world honey. We purchased 20 clexane injections 14 prednisolone tablets and 8 proluton injections and it came to 110. Amazingly cheap. Symptoms wise - just going from having ridiculous bursts of energy to being so tired I could sleep standing up. Boobies a little heavier but not sore or achy really, yesterday and today had starting of heartburn after brekkie and the only other one is heart palpitations - wow feels like it's going go burst out of my chest they are so strong. Other than that I feel great hun.

Podgeley - hi and welcome. Yes Dogus is pretty much the same with donors - we had a choice of 3 but had little info about them. Hey I know what you mean about our eggs, I don't even want to think how hard boiled my own eggs are now. I was rubbish at producing any good ones 20 years ago......bloody heck is that how long ago it was. Are you going to give Dogus a try hun.

Big wave to my old friend sry... only 3 more days till it blast is on board chick x

Love and hugs everyone

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 20/06/16, 03:14 »
    Hi Ladies,

I woke up to use the loo and am having a little trouble falling back to sleep, so I thought I may as well check FF!

Podgeley, in many countries that offer DE IVF (including Cyprus where I am currently cycling, as well as the Czech Republic where I previously cycled), the donor's identity is anonymous  and no pictures of her are allowed. For both my current cycle with Dogus and previous cycles with Zlin, I provided the coordinator with a list of attributes, including desired eye color, blood type, hair color, height and build, as well as whether certain talents are important  (e.g. musical, artistic, intellectual). (Note that if both you and your partner have blue eyes, it's extremely rare to be able to genetically produce a brown eyed child as brown eyes are a dominant gene - so it was critical to us that the donor have blue eyes). I also sent a few pictures of myself. At the Czech clinic, the coordinator chose a donor for me, and said this is her age, eye color, hair color, weight, height, etc. At Dogus, I was given a list of 3 donors, with this sort of information,  and I chose one of the three. Many of the donors in Cyprus/Czech/Greece/Spain are university students in their 20s, and may have foreign donors to draw upon (e.g. blue eyed Brit or Scandinavian in Cyprus). In the UK it is very different - there is no right of the donors to remain anonymous from a child that may seek them out, so it is much harder to attract younger donors.

Louise, I still had enough estrogen and progesterne left over from my previous Czech cycle to get me up to ET day. I bought the rest of the meds I need to get me all the way through 12 weeks when I was in North Cyprus a few days ago for DP's contribution. I bought the meds from a pharmacy near Dogus. The prices were in Turkish lira; the total was the equivalent of 530 - roughly 400. The most expensive part was the Clexane shots (blood thinner like heparin). I bought 9 boxes (10 per box) which was @ 40 per box. The coordinator told me that in the UK, the cost per box would be about 70, but that some patients just buy 2 boxes for now and then buy more in the UK if they get a BFP. The rest of the meds I bought comprised of estrogen, progesterone pessaries, proluten (progesterone weekly shots), prednisolone, as well as folic acid. It's great to hear that you will be flying out to Dogus in August. Its sweltering now in the 35 degree heat, so I can only imagine how hot it will feel when you are out here in August!

Kes, having the pregnancy symptoms must make it feel so much real! Did you mention that you have a scan scheduled for July 1st? Wow - that's next week! It was just a couple of weeks ago that you were out in Cyprus!

AFM, my ET is scheduled for Wednesday  (22/7); I'll find out when I arrive at the clinic how many blasts I have and their genders. We are planning to transfer just one and freeze the rest individually. DP said he'd be fine with either flavor; he wouldn't mind having a third daughter, but I feel like I"m already getting a bit of a girl experience by being a stepmum to his two, plus the baby we lost was a boy. With that said, the most important thing is to have healthy embryos and ultimately a healthy baby. In the meantime, we're enjoying sunny Cyprus - we may go out for a boat ride tomorrow.

Cheers

Offline Podgeley

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 20/06/16, 12:24 »
    Thanks for your replies, really appreciate.  We are happy with our current clinic but was just after a bit of info on other clinics tbh as DE is a new thing for us.
    I had a friend who cycled with Dogus a couple of years ago but I think I may have got confused as she is now referring to Team Miracle.  Did they split or something?

Hope you got back to sleep SryGrl?! Good luck for Wednesday!  ^pray^ ^reiki^

Kes67 - fingers crossed for an uneventful 8 or so months for you!  Do you have a scan soon?  We have always found the meds sooo much cheaper in Greece!  :) 

Louiemac - Good luck for August!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Anyway yes it was really to see if you had a choice of donors (I didn't expect much else in terms of details apart from what you have said you were given). 
    Did you get information on blood groups?  We aren't sure what to do yet, about changing clinics as we are comfortable with our current one they select for you, no choice and have said they will give an idea on height and eye/hair colour and possibly nationality I think, but nothing on body type or blood I think.  We are still at this deciding stage to be honest. 

With OE I got 10 eggs last time (18 months ago) and were lucky enough to have 7 blasts and 5 frosties.  My cycles before that we got more eggs but nothing to freeze so think the protocol of less but better quality eggs worked for me.  Unfortunately I had 1 fresh transfer and 3 FET and all were bfn.  :'( 
    Not sure if we shouldn't quit while we are behind .....

Offline louiemac

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 20/06/16, 22:18 »
    Hi ladies

Well, I have to say I'm not surprised that the meds are cheaper there! England is very expensive.  Just told my OH the cost for all meds and he is amazed.  I can't decide whether to buy them all or get a script for after BFP.........   have some time to think about it.  Need to go in with a positive attitude.

I've just found out otday that my job is going to be made permanent so I'm delighted - all is in place to go on MAT leave, apart from the baby  ;D

Thanks for the good wishes for August. I've just emailed Andri with loads of info she needed so it's very real now.  I'm looking forward to the holiday too though. We'll have loads of time to relax and tour the south in our hire car and only 4 days at the clinic in total.

Good luck for transfer on Wednesday - let us know how you get on.

Anyway, off to bed now finally as I'm shattered.

Hope to chat again soon xx

Offline julia3620

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 20/06/16, 22:32 »
    Hello Ladies,

I am just delighted to see this thread so lovely again! I wish you well on all your cycles and I will be following all your stories.

Best wishes
    Julia

Offline Mazzling 235

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 21/06/16, 16:41 »
    Hi everybody,

I've just got back from Dogus and I wanted to share with you what a fantastic experience I had. My background: 1st IVF with my own eggs at age 42 when I first got married with C*R* (in Manchester, not sure if I can name names), no luck so tried again, then went on to do some research, had a laposcropy, went on stimulated cycle, got pregnant that way at 46, m/c at 7 wks, 2 more failed IVF with C*R*, most recently in October 15 at 49. Money and age ran out so that's when I started looking at treatment abroad. I'm kicking myself that I didn't do this years ago when I would have been in a position to have a tandem cycle.
    Right from the start, the correspondence with Andri was professional and transparent with the costs upfront in the first email. It took me a while to get my head round this as I had been so used to the negative attitudes of clinics here and their exborbitant fees that I thought I must be missing something. I opted for fresh embryo donation and went for donor eggs and sperm (DH too kn*ckered with the whole process). I opted to go a few days before transfer as it meant I could have my second scan at Dogus, which worked out cheaper than having it here. Everything ran like clockwork, albeit continental, Mediterranean clockwork and I found the easiest thing to do, was to sit back and enjoy the ride and not feel I had to be in control of everything.
    Dogus (or IVF United Nations because of all the nationalities receiving and giving treatment) is clean and modern with at least Andri and Aisha speaking English making you feel relaxed and comfortable. (Tip: give the Germans a wide berth, they all seemed highly strung and worried about everything). Andri was with me every step of the way and was 24 hour accessible using the What's App app.
    Although Dr Sevket didn't speak much English, my few words of Turkish went a long way and he was reassuringly smiley. The whole attitude at the clinic is the exact opposite of what I've encountered in the UK. Here, doctors put themselves on a pedestal, charge you the price of middle class semi, tell you that you won't get pregnant and then shrug their shoulders when it doesn't work out. Everything costs extra and it is purely a money making business. At Dogus, there is a relaxed, happy atmosphere with the outlook being that IVF is just a procedure and if you throw enough stimulating/supressing drugs at the body and all the extras, regardless of whether or not extensive research 'proves' it worthwhile, eg scratch, 4 x 5-day blastocysts, ICSI, embroyo glue, NHK cells protocol, intralipids, etc, etc, YOU WILL GET PREGNANT!! At Dogus, staff EXPECT you to get pregnant and if it doesn't work the first time, never mind, your second attempt will be discounted until you do get pregnant. All this, and my complete package worked out at about 5,500. And when I think how much I've handed over to C8r* over the years.
    I can't recommend Dogus highly enough. I have just come back, had my beta done last week and it is a BIG FAT POSITIVE so I acknowledge that my experience may be biased. But even if it hadn't worked out, I would most definitely be back for a second attempt until I give birth to healthy and happy baby.
    Please excuse the tone of this post - the hormones are really kicking in and I've already lost my good manners. Happy to answer any questions on my experience and treatment, but my best advice to you is : just do it; relax, enjoy, don't overthink it too much, go with the flow and get yourself up the duff girl.
    Thank you so much Andri, Dr Sevket and the rest of the team for making this happen. The ride's just started and I can hardly wait! :)

Offline julia3620

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 21/06/16, 21:09 »
    Mazzling, Fantastic and congratulations!

Julia

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 21/06/16, 22:16 »
    Congratulations Mazzling!

I am at the stage of researching, trying to improve my fertility and decide on clinic. I must admit the price difference between UK (Lister in my case) and Cyprus extras is jaw dropping. Mind you, some extras are available to "selected patients only" and other not available at all in the UK.

Offline molis

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 22/06/16, 09:30 »
    You can contact
    Andri
    [email protected]

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 22/06/16, 17:38 »
    Hello Ladies,

I am lounging poolside under an umbrella at a villa in South Cyprus after my embryo transfer at Dogus this morning - I am officially PUPO!

We were chuffed to learn that we have 3 boys and 6 girls - a total of 9 embies! We had one boy put in, so the other 8 will be frozen in individual straws. As it is a single embryo transfer,  I realize that it is more likely that we may not get a positive right away and would need to come back for a FET. Nonetheless,  I did previously get a BFP from a SET and we are throwing everything we can into this cycle (intralipids, endo scratch . . .)

Dr. S., Andri, and the remainder of the Dogus team were fantastic! After we arrived, we paid and then we're taken to a private hospital room. There was a couch for DP to sit on where he could do some work on his laptop, using Dogus' wi-fi. There was a private toilet and TV, as well as separately controlled air conditioning.  I drank lots of water, changed into a gown and after about an hour I was carted into the operating room. The procedure took less than 10 minutes. I was then carted back to my room, where I laid flat for 2 hours while having the intralipids infusion. I was allowed to use a bed pan after the first 10 minutes. Andri and the nurses checked on me quite frequently and were very attentive (though their English was very limited ). The nurse administered a shot of Clexane and a shot of Proluten,  with Andri translating to me.

The base cost for the DE cycle was 4,500, plus 1000 for gender testing and 500 to freeze the remaining embryos. 

Andri said I should have a blood test at 12dp5dt (Monday July 4th). However, I have guests stayingwith me on July 2nd and 3rd, and DP will be away that weekend, so I am intending to POAS at 9dp5dt (Friday July 1st) when DP is with me.

Mazzling, congrats on your BFP!!! Do you have a scan scheduled?  I'm glad to hear that you have had a great experience with Dogus! There are far too many arrogant know-it-all doctors that are very negative about considering anything different. Dr. S. has a wealth of experience with over 20 years of IVF behind him, but comes across as a humble, regular guy - so refreshing!

Louise, congrats on getting perm status - being eligible for mat leave benefits is incredibly valuable.Great to hear that you are getting the logistics for your cycle/holiday sorted. We're currently staying in a villa in Kapparis (near Protaras ). There's lots to see and do in and around Protaras, without it being OTT.It's roughly 1.5 hours drive to Dogus. Do you know yet where you will be staying?

Podgeley,  are you going with Serum? I went there last year for a hysteroscopy and investigations. Penny was fantastic. I decided against cycling there because I will be 51 at the end of this year, and don't want to (again) face having frosties trapped in a country where I've exceeded the age limit. Re Dogus and TM - TM refers to Dr. F and her team (Julie and Unit main coordinators). Dr. F. and the rest of TM were employed at Dogus (which is owned by Dr. S.) for about 4-5 years, until mid-2015. TM handled most of the English-speaking clients, and built quite a reputation. Dr. S. was focused more on Turkish clients (particularly as his English is limited). The two teams had different pricing (with TM charging more albeit a % always went to Dr. S. as owner ), but the protocols seem similar. Dr. F /TM left Dogus to start their own practice (Cyprus IVF Centre). So, currently, if you cycle at Dogus, it is Dr. S (with Andri as coordinator), not TM. I chose Dogus taking into account the price, extensive experience of Dr. S. and the responsiveness and helpful approach of Andri. Good luck regardless of which clinic you go with!

Cheers