* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124423 times)

0 Members

Offline Kes67

• My Ivf miracles
modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #50 on: 22/06/16, 18:08 »
Ahhhhhh there we go!!! Sri - congrats girl you made to PUPO land - well done honey and what a great crop you have for the freezer as well - not that u will need it hopefully. Well not unless u eNt a sibling for this one - so praying ur little man beds in tight and you get ur beautiful BFP on 1st (eek it's the same day as my first scan how mad is that) it amazing u already know it's a boy - totally blows my mind. Really pleased ur experience there was good as well.

Now feet up girlie and enjoy being up the duff

Big hugs sweetie
Kes X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Goldfish45

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 26/06/16, 22:54 »
    Hello, I've recently contacted a few clinics in Cyprus regarding DEIVF, but I was wondering how you ladies decided which clinic to go with? How has your experience been with Dogus (Dr S)?

Offline Mazzling 235

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 27/06/16, 19:57 »
    Hi everybody,

OMG - everybody seems to be pregnant, wha-hey!!!

Not sure I've worked out how to reply to individual queries, but in response to my scan, yes, I've got it booked. It's actually booked for day 49 which by my reckoning is already week 7 which seems quite late. But I'm not going to stress over this because I feel SO pregnant and I've got the eggs of a 22 year-old on a protocol with lots of progesterone, so why shouldn't things go well? I'm having it done at one of the Hewitt Centres mainly because my GP has gone funny with me. She was very supportive when I was in my 40s and going to a private clinic run by one of fellow med school classmates, but I think that since I turned 50 last month, she probably thinks I'm too old.

Andri suggested I have another shot of intralipids (for reassurance really) and when I asked my GP to prescribe and administer IV (I know it was a big ask, but she had been previously helpful), she told me that she could not be responsible for any private treatment, that I should go to C*r* if I needed assistance.Also that I should never have asked the junior GP to transcribe my protocol (which meant I got the meds at cheapo Asda) as she said it was way beyond his remit. Cheely m*re! I feel really sorry for the junior GP and I hope I haven't got him into trouble. Top honcho GP then went on to say that they would only expect to deal with me on the NHS at 12 weeks when they could be sure that the pregnancy was viable. Hormones kicked in and I couldn't help but start crying until she embarrassedly put the phone down. I'm not even going to get upset over this as at the end of the day, I'M PREGNANT and I want the embies to feel like the party's started and not that someone's just pulled the plug on the speakers. Anyway, I've opted to pay for this first scan at my local Hewitt Centre where the staff are really lovely and have offered to do my weekly Proluton injections as well(DH too much of a wuss).
    Sorry if I don't respond quickly, but I am really trying hard to steer clear of internet and googling and just concentrate on watching cute cat videos which I find more reassuring!
    Good luck everybody :)

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 27/06/16, 21:10 »
    Mazzling - there is a "BFP and beyond" thread here where you can talk with other ladies about the details of your pregnancy https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=343403.0  :)

Congratulations xxx

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 4/07/16, 15:42 »
    Hello girls,

Can I join in ? I have just emailed Andri telling her i have started my period so just waiting for my protocol to come through and donor egg selection! Im so excited now. We are looking at end of September/October i think...

We have had one NHS cycle at BCRM but they only got 1 egg out of me and it didnt fertilise so going donor. im 38 with low ovarian reserve. Partner also has low sperm count. we are currently on the NHS list for donor eggs but my parents bless them have offered to pay and we have decided to go for treatment at Dogus where I have been emailing Andri. BCRM asked Chris to do another sample today as a back up to make sure he has not got worse. (failed cycle was NOve last year) I just hope and pray its ok.

just thinking now on how many embies to put back in but reading through all your posts im swaying on 4! but i didnt think I would! I just wonder what the percentages are of all 4 turning into babies as it scares the cr*p out of me!! x

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 5/07/16, 18:32 »
    Hi Everyone!

Mazzling, Wow, time is really flying - I guess you are at 8 weeks now! NHS can be rather frustrating for the lack of consistency with support during cycling and in the first trimester, so I think it makes sense to get the support privately. Have you had your scan yet?

Goldfish, it was close between TM and Dogus. I ultimately chose Dogus because it has a 20 year history, follows a very similar protocol to TM (TM used to be part of Dogus), and it is economical ( 4,500 for donor egg cycle; 1,500 for FET cycle).

AFM, as mentioned earlier, I had 9 blasts from my fresh DE cycle. I had one put in and froze the other 8. Unfortunately, I got a BFN, but I'm not that surprised as the odds are lower for a single embryo transfer. I have stopped the meds and am waiting for AF to appear. Andri said I can jump right into a FET cycle, starting meds on CD 2. Once  I get my AF, I should then be able to be back in Cyprus within 3 weeks! I am considering transferring 2 embies this time (a boy and a girl), but need to consult DP on this, as it is a big decision!

XX

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 5/07/16, 18:38 »
    Sallysmies - Not everyone transfers 4 embies. I suggest doing a bit of research to decide how many is right for you. Though not in the majority, there are a number of people that cycle with Cyprus clinics (putting 4 or 3 in) that end up with triplets and even a few with quads (and of course, the embryos can split as well!!!  :o). There are quite a lot that end up with twins. The risk associated with carrying twins is higher than with a singleton, but the risk goes substantially higher when dealing with triplets or higher order multiples. Good luck in making your decision!

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 13/07/16, 19:06 »
    Hi Ladies,

I've got my flight and hotel booked for my FET at Dogus at the end of July. I started protocol earlier this week. We will likely put one embie in again. If it doesn't stick, we may consider double embryo transfer in a later FET cycle, but we are hesitant to go down that route as a substantial number of double transfers result in twins.

I am going on my own this time; staying at Oscars for 6 days. Hopefully, I'll have plenty of opportunity for chill axing by the pool!

X

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #58 on: 13/07/16, 20:25 »
    Hi SryGrl,
    Good luck with your FET.
    Doesn't Dogus offer foetal reduction at 7-8 weeks.
    I have read on TM website they offer to do it and claim reduction at early stages has less risk of loosing pregnancy.
    The lady I know personally who is cycling at a UK clinic was told they would transfer 4 embryos due to her age (she is just 40). Though I am not sure whether she understood correctly as I have not seen on any UK clinics' website that they would transfer more than 2.
    I myself cannot decide yet how many to transfer. One day I think having twins will be to tough to look after them on my own. Also twins are often born prematurely so not good for children's health either. Next day I think one embryo may not be enough to have a successful pregnancy due to my age. Also twins would have each other as playmates and friends for the life and won't be lonely. So far I am at the stage to have two embryos transferred and if both implant they decide before week 7 whether to go back to TM for foetal reduction.

Offline Goldfish45

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 13/07/16, 23:56 »
    SryGrl - thanks for replying. I think I will go with TM because after speaking to a patient coordinator at Dogus, I got some strange answers. I then sent her a few more questions and have not received a reply at all and it's been over 2 weeks. All the best with your treatment.