* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124410 times)

0 Members

Offline SryGrl

modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #60 on: 14/07/16, 19:07 »
Hi Everyone,

Goldfish, I actually heard back right away from Dogus; TM took 5 days to respond. The coordinator at Dogus was very compassionate when I spoke with her (as I was going through the loss of my little boy at 30 weeks). I think it struck an emotional cord with me, plus, as I have been planning to go for single embryo transfers (and PGD), I expect that I may have a number of frozen transfers, so the costs per FET was a big consideration as well. There was one time though that the coordinator didn't get back to me; she hadn't seen my email, so when I spoke to her on the phone she was very apologetic for not having seen the email. I think you have to go with what you feel comfortable with. There are lots of people with FF that are big fans of TM, so you certainly have lots of company in making that choice! Best of luck with your treatment as well!

Lily, This is all so difficult. I am feeling impatient -- I want to get pregnant ASAP -- but I am very concerned with the risks of multiples. Also, my DP has two daughters, so he isn't driven to have additional children, this is more for me as I have none (with that said he would embrace being a father), and he agreed to have one child (which I would be happy with). Dogus does perform foetal reduction, but I really don't want to be in a position that I have to make that choice. Its one thing when they are a ball of 100 cells, it would seem so much harder when they have a heartbeat. If somehow I ended up with triplets (e.g., 2 transferred, one split), I think that I would have a reduction performed, as the risks are substantially higher at that point, and I couldn't bear risking another stillbirth not to mention higher potential for maternal death. I don't think I would go for a reduction if I have twins, but I would be very concerned the entire time of my pregnancy.

As for clinics in the UK, I understand that there is a big focus on mandatory single embryo transfers up to a certain age (35?), and 2 embryos above that. I would be surprised if they allowed 4, as there is such a big emphasis in the UK on reducing multiple births.

It is indeed a tough decision as to how many to put in - yes, I go back and forth as well - as well as what to do if they both implant. When are you cycling at TM? Have you done previous DE cycles?

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lily0750

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 15/07/16, 13:38 »
    Hi SryGrl,
    I also want to get pregnant ASAP. I have never done IVF before. With tandem cycle I will have a chance to try my own eggs as well along with DE. I am going to Cyprus on 28 September, treatment scheduled, deposit paid, drugs list received, annual leave booked at work. Just waiting for a new passport to book flights and need to decide where to buY the drugs.
    Good luck with your treatment. Whe are you going?

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 15/07/16, 14:46 »
    Lily,

I'm having an FET on 28/7. I"ll be staying in Kyrenia from 25/7 to 31/7. I was in Cyprus last month for a fresh donor cycle (DP and I stayed in Protaras). After the BFN from the single embryo transfer, the doctor said that I can start with a new cycle once AF came.

That's great that you are set up for a tandem cycle, particularly as you've never done IVF before. Who knows - you might be lucky with OE , plus you have the donor's eggs as backup, without having to spend much more money or time than a stand-alone DE cycle.Have you been trying for awhile (naturally)? I met my DP rather late and we decided after 2 years on my 49th birthday to try for a child. So, I went straight from using contreception to going for donor's eggs!

My drug protocol (same for both donor egg fresh and FET) is: progynova, prednisolone, folic acid, baby aspirin, then add Doxycycline for 5 days,  progesterone pessaries, proluten  (progesterone weekly shots), and Clexane. I bought most of the meds at a pharmacy in North Cyprus - enough to last for the entire prescribed time beyond the ED date. The total was about 530. Clexane was by far the mos t expensive at about 40 per box (9 boxes). I was told that the Clexane is roughly 70 in the UK, but I didn't confirm myself. The Clexane boxes are rather sizeable, but luckily I brought a big suitcase - tight squeeze but managed to get everything in! As you are taking drugs for OE stim, etc., presumably you will need to buy drugs to cover you up to EC in the UK.There are several pharmacit's in the UK that accept PDF's of prescriptions from Cyprus, and deliver by mail. I useAli's Chemist  (based in London) for one-off medication or top ups. They can deliver next day.

X

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 20/07/16, 00:22 »
    Hello ladies,

Just to update we have booked flights 30th September - 7th October and staying at the Pia Bella. Feeling very excited now!  We have decided to go with 4 embryos transferred that gives us an 80% chance of one baby 50% twins and 5% all for taking. Twins run through my family and that's what I have always dreamed of. We will freeze for 1 year I case we need FET for another go or for a possible sibling.

This whole process we have worked out including everything is drugs bought here scratch, scan in uk and DEiVF comes to about 5,500-6,000. So still cheaper than the 7,500 quoted in uk (Bristol) 

Love to hear from anyone who will be out there from Sep 30th? Xx

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 20/07/16, 02:24 »
    SallySmiles,

That's great news that you have your flight and accommodation for your cycle booked! Makes it seem more real! I think that you are going at a really good time of year - warm but not the intense 40 degree heat of mid-summer!

Another benefit of Cyprus is that the donors tend to be in their 20s, from a variety of backgrounds. I was provided with a selection of 3 donors. Have you been provided with a list of donors yet?

Offline Ttc2016

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 20/07/16, 14:01 »
    Hi everyone, has anyone been to Dogus for IVF with own eggs and low ovarian reserve and had success?

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 20/07/16, 14:57 »
    Welcome TTC2016,

Most of the posters on this thread currently are going for donor egg treatment, but there have been quite a number of women on this thread in the past who have gone through OE or tandem (OE & DE combined cycle), and there are always new people participating.

X

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 20/07/16, 16:05 »
    Hi SryGrl,

Yes had a choice of 3 donors we went with the English girl age 23 studying Economy ! The other two were 22 irish or polish but they were shorter and the English girl is nearer to my height and weight at her age.  just want to get started now wish it was closer!

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 20/07/16, 17:16 »
    Sallysmiles - My heart skipped a beat when you wrote that you have a British donor age 23, as I was wondering for a second whether it was the same donor as mine. However, I checked back to Andri's email with the donor info; mine was age 22 as of 3 months ago, and she is studying biology not economics. Also, one thing that I missed from that email the first time I got it is that the blood groups are actually listed for each of the donors in the far right hand column (and they matched mine). I was thinking that I hadn't been provided with the blood group and was a bit reluctant to inquire as I was concerned I would be told that the blood group doesn't match - big relief! Glad that you have the donor set up; yet another step completed towards your cycle.

AFM, I will be flying out on Monday for donor FET on Wednesday - so in one week I will be PUPO!

x

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 20/07/16, 21:52 »
    Andri has just emailed and the Pia Bella is fully booked up! So she has booked us into the Oscar Resort. It's a bit cheaper and trip advisor looks good! X