* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124415 times)

0 Members

Offline SryGrl

modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #70 on: 27/07/16, 16:54 »
Hi Ladies,

I just had FET followed by intralipids, and am awaiting transport back to Oscars. I originally planned on only transferring one embryo if the quality was high. However, the first embryo (xy) was of so-so quality,  so I transferred another embryo  (xx) as well which was top quality. I will stay at Oscars until Sunday - likely spending most of my time lounging poolside! 

How's everyone else doing?

Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 29/07/16, 18:44 »
    Hello ladies

I'm due to fly out to start treatment at Dogus on 5 August for a tandem IVF cycle and getting a little frustrated by the clinics responses...which is making me think twice about now having treatment and really stressed out.

I selected both donor egg and sperm (as I'm doing as a solo Mum) - I was given full details of the egg donor the next day but nothing about the selected sperm donor. I've been asking for details for the sperm donor - even a code so I could search in the Cryos Denmark Bank (where I was told the selection was made from). I was told they didn't have details of my choice but offered a name of a donor with a completely different blood type. I paid 50 to provide my blood group and now concerned about why I wasn't asked to select from this bank in the first place?

In addition I have been asked to provide an ECG report - after a lot of hassle my GP wrote a letter about my health (e.g. There's no problems), had a report from the consultant from the UK clinic I had a previous IVF cycle AND scanned a copy of the ECG reading but told this was not an ECG report. I'm confused what this clinic needs as proof of my health (all previous scans and blood tests have already been sent).

I'm getting frustrated and worried about this clinic and appreciate any advice from people who have visited this clinic.

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 29/07/16, 19:12 »
    GirlSolo,

Do you have social media? It is easiest to reach Andri on it vs. email. Also, calls and texts on social media are free if you have a wi-fi connection. Texts and calls are incredibly expensive if roaming in North Cyprus.

The health certifications requirement for patients over 45 is new legislation that came into force a few weeks ago. Dogus accepted an EKG report and letter from GP that I already had from a year ago. Maybe you can have a call with Andri to explain what you have and get clarification of what else maybe needed? As a backup, perhaps you can see a cardiologist when you are in North Cyprus that the clinic would arrange?

I only did donor eggs, not sperm donation,  so I don't have insight. I again suggest having a phone call with Andri to clarify.

I think that Dogus is generally good, but like other Cypriot and Greek clinics, they have a less formal approach than what you may encounter in the UK.

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

X

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 29/07/16, 20:39 »
    SryGrl

Thank you for replying.

Yes I have social media and spoke with Andri when her emails were getting confusing. Tried again today - rang social media and sent message - yet to have a reply but have asked if she can ring tomorrow.

I'll turn 45 yr during my treatment - the clinic charges 100 euros for an ECG which I've already provided - taken for free with a GP referral via an NHS hospital. Think I'll need some clarity from Andri about what she needs - assume you weren't asked to provide this?

I'm happy with the selection of the egg donor and was provided details about her the next day. For the sperm donor, no reference given even after asking for 2 weeks; more frustrating to then be sent a link to Cyros Denmark Bank and told to select a donor with a completely different blood type. Why was I not given the option to select my own sperm donor from this site in the first place?

Hoping that someone who had a tandem IVF cycle with sperm donor may be able to reassure me before I fly out - I'm getting concerned that I've made a mistake in choosing this clinic which upsetting after I've invested so much time and energy.

X

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 29/07/16, 21:08 »
    GirlSolo, 

I had a hysteroscopy a year ago through Serum in Greece, and had an EKG performed there in advance of the operation.  The EKG report included the heart scan readings.as well as a write up from the cardiologist. Dogus accepted this. I also sent a letter from my NHS GP stating that I am generally in good health. Dogus accepted this as well. Again, this requirement is brand new.

Dogus has direct relationships with the female donors, but I guess must work through a third party for the male donors. Again, I have no visibility to the sperm donor process (or tandem for that matter), as I just did donor egg.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, Hopefully someone else will chime in and provide further insight.

Best of luck!

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 29/07/16, 23:08 »
    SryGrl

Thank you for getting back and hope that speaking with Andri will clear things up.

Hope you're managing to relax after your FET, I'm also booked to stay at the Oscar Resort.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

x

Offline louie_mac73

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 5/08/16, 20:44 »
    Hi all. I'm in Nicosia tonight and have my blood tests at Dogus tomorrow. Having DE treatment and in Cyprus for three weeks. Girl solo, are you all sorted for tomorrow now? Srygirl, how are you doing? When do you test?x

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 6/08/16, 22:04 »
    Hi louie_mac73

Welcome to Cyprus and hope you had a safe trip over. I arrived here on Friday and went to Dogus at midday today.

Dr S said everything looked good on my ultra sound scan and now on menopur for 5 days till my next scan on Thursday - also reassured them that I didnt need a nurse to visit me everyday to inject this.

They are still insisting on a written report of an ECG by a cardiologist and asked them to arrange the appointment. Clinic is clean and much more reassured being here - although still yet to have a copy of my treatment protocol.

I can now relax next can is on Thursday and allowed to swim in the sea up until EC. Staying in Oscar Resort in Kyrenia which is lovely and booked in for an anti-stress massage tomorrow.

Hope your visit went well and getting ready for your transfer day. Hope you got a bumper batch from your DE - are you having PGD?

x

Offline louie_mac73

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 8/08/16, 18:09 »
    Hey! That all sounds great. It seems a nice clinic as you say. I wasn't impressed the amount of time we waited, but I think something had happened before we arrived. I'm back Saturday for a scan of lining and then back a week Thursday for sperm from hubbie and then finally transfer two weeks tomorrow, the day before we fly home. We're travelling around the south and going to Nicosia as we need. Currently in the mountains and of to the north coast tomorrow. Hope all continues to go well. Keep me posted x

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 8/08/16, 21:48 »
    Hi Ladies,

I hope that all is well for you ladies planning your cycle at Dogus.
    Unfortunately,  I got a BFN from my frozen cycle (I had one excellent and one average embryo put in.) I have blocked fallopian tubes, and just found out that it reduces the chance of a positive by 50%. I think that I will have one more go with a FET cycle (I still have 6 snowbabies on ice), and if that doesn't work,  have my tubes removed  (probably in the UK ), before going for another cyclecat Dogus in the winter.