* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124421 times)

0 Members

Offline GirlSolo

modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #80 on: 10/08/16, 20:12 »
Hi SryGrl

So sorry to hear your news, I've been there a couple of times.

You're sounding very strong and determined which is wonderful to hear - you have all the next steps planned already. You are sound incredible and really do hope that you have success without having to undergo any surgery.

Take some time out for you and really hope that the next FET is your lucky one.

I have my next scan tomorrow and then every other day after that - egg collection on 17/8 and embyro transfer on 22/8.

Did you get a listing for all your frozen embryos and gradings? I can't remember if you had PGD? x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline louie_mac73

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 13/08/16, 19:56 »
    Srygirl, so sorry to hear that. I think removal of your tube sounds like a good plan. I really hope it works for you. I've had endo scan today and back Monday for another check then looks like everything moves one day earlier but in the meantime, offfishing tomorrow x

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 14/08/16, 18:29 »
    Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts. I will be returning to Dogus at the end of August for another FET. I have already booked my flight and hotel and have started the meds. I have also booked an appointment with a gynecologist  (in the UK) next week to investigate whether my blocked tubes should be removed. I would proceed with this if I get a BFN from this cycle.

I will be taking 2 types of antibiotics, and for a longer time. I have read that blocked tubes can get infected (hydrosalpinx), spreading bacteria to the uterus (killing the embryo); antibiotics may help. 

Louie Mac, I hope that your scan went ok.

GirlSolo - I hope your scan went ok as well. Wow your EC is just a few days away, and you will be PUPO in just over a week - how exciting! I had 9 embies, of which 3 were male and 6 were female. I was told that they were top quality blasts, however, I didn't receive a report per se. With a FET, there can be some damage during the thawing process; one of the embryos had slipped to average quality; hence I had a second embryo put in (she remained at top quality).

I hope that everyone else is doing well.

X

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 15/08/16, 09:50 »
    Hi SryGrl

Go girl! Great to hear you sound so strong and determined - really wonderful news that you have frosties in waiting :-)

Are you not tempted to go with 4 embryo transfer?

I know can't believe its going to be EC day on Wednesday and final scan today. Felt like the planning for this trip was so long ago and had so many reservations - yet being here I know that I'm in the most safest and caring hands. The last week has been heavenly swimming in the sea - this week will be tough with no swimming in sea or pool :-(

Really do hope your FET goes to plan and we'll both be PUPO albiet a couple of weeks apart! xxx

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 16/08/16, 12:06 »
    Hello ladies,

Lots seem to be our there at the minute or about too... We fly 30th September for a week at Oscars anyone else out there then?

SryGrl - sorry to hear it didnt work all the best of luck for the end of August x

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 20/08/16, 19:32 »
    Hi Ladies,

GirlSolo - How did the EC go? I recall that you are doing tandem? Any news yet on the eggs collected? I suppose you will hear about the number fertilized and quality on Monday when you have the transfer. I hope that you have lots of good embies with plenty left over to freeze! I hope that you're able to stay cool. When I was there, I laid by the pool or beach in the morning, cooling off by standing under the outdoor shower and by going in up to my thighs.

I got a BFP on our second attempt at a single embryo transfer (but we lost him at 30 weeks). It was enough of a big deal for us to put a second one in on the previous attempt; we'll put 2 in again this time. Four would be more than we would be comfortable with. Our optimal number of babies is 1 (DP has 2 daughters already), but we might be able to handle twins. The health risks go up substantially for triplet and higher order pregnancies, and we don't want to be in a position where we have to make a difficult choice. With that said, I realize that the majority of women who put four in don't end up with quads or triplets.But there are enough of them that do to make me a bit nervous about taking the risk. . .  ;-)

AFM - I am flying there on August 28th, will have ET on the 29th, and fly back on September 2nd. I'm staying at the Acapulco this time. I stayed at Oscar's last time - it was fine (though losing Wi-Fi signal 20 times a day was a bit annoying). I just like to try different places out.

SallySmiles - Great that you're all set with your travel  arrangements. I think that will actually be a better time, as it is incredibly hot there in the middle of the day right now.

Anyone else headed out soon?

Xx

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 20/08/16, 19:52 »
    Hey SryGrl

Wonderful that you've got everything organised for your FET - definitely agree with changing hotels. I'm at Oscar at the moment and the wifi is terrible - I've had to pay for roaming add on as a means of staying in touch with Andri.

Yes EC went ahead on Wednesday and have to say I was in excruciating pain - even with sedation - the recovery was awful. I thought I was going to pass out on the car journey back to the hotel.      From me they managed to collect 3 own eggs and 12 donor eggs. My transfer is on Tuesday and hope I'll get the results from ICSI and PGD on Monday. Really excited and cant believe that I'm finally at this point - its been a long trip and now just relaxing by the beach to be outdoors.

Good luck to all heading out here - its really gorgeous out here but very hot at the moment.

xxx

Offline louie_mac73

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 21/08/16, 11:50 »
    Srygirl, good luck at the end of August. Fingers crossed for you. Girlsolo, you were at the clinic when I was on Wednesday for my scan and the hubbie to do his bit. He's convinced he saw you as I've been chatting about how I'm on this board. Do you have shoulder length dark hair? I got 14 donor eggs and as of last night, 8 embryos so hopeful for Monday when we transfer. Good luck to everyone and sorry if I've missed names; can't see them once I start typing and memory is terrible at the moment!!

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #88 on: 21/08/16, 12:13 »
    Hey Louie_mac73

Good luck with your transfer tomorrow - crossing everything for a positive outcome and sounds like you have a good batch of embryos. Have you decided on numbers to transfer?

Oh my goodness it probably was me you saw - I looked very ill with red polka dot dress and shoulder length dark hair...I just had to close my eyes and wait for the pick up back to the hotel. I was also finally allowed to pay for 50% of my bill by credit card - I'd asked about 4 times previously when I was more with it during my scans but typically it was sorted on the day I was in pain!

I'm still waiting for the result of the PGD and then decide on combination and numbers to transfer - my gut is saying 3.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay and thinking of you tomorrow.

xxx

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 22/08/16, 08:19 »
    Hey Louie_mac73

I'm clearly very relaxed as my transfer day is today - Monday not Tuesday!

Its been a bit disorientating keeping track of the days as they all roll into one but fly back to London tomorrow (Tuesday!).

Will be in the clinic around 12.30pm - green polka dot dress and full bladder :-) Good luck with your transfer!

xxx