* Author Topic: Dogus Clinic - Dr Sekvet - Northern Cyprus Part 17  (Read 124427 times)

0 Members

Offline Baby love

• Un-Ranked
modify
Dogus Clinic - Dr S - Northern Cyprus Part 17
« Reply #90 on: 24/08/16, 14:06 »
OUTSTANDING. I cannot praise this clinic enough. My IVF treatment was successful in the first attempt with Dr Sevket Alpturk. He was very thorough and professional.

My husband and I had previously had 3 IVF attempts with other clinics, and given the expenses we had already incurred Dr Sevket Alpturk even agreed to giving us a discount, even though this was our first attempt with Dogus. He is a very kind and caring doctor.

Although Dr Sevket Alpturk does not speak much English this was not a problem. My coordinator was Andri Marino. Andri was wonderful from the outset and has kept in touch with me throughout my pregnancy. Andri was able to communicate all queries raised to Dr Sevket Alpturk, who very kindly responded with clear answers. If patients require assistance with arranging accommodation, transfers, etc Andri is also available to help with these arrangements.

I did not receive any support from my GPs in UK, and this excellent clinic helped me with all medication and prescriptions required both before and following treatment when I returned home, at no extra cost.

On the day of transfer I was alone and Andri offered to come into theatre with me for support, which was very kind and caring.

We are so grateful to have found this incredible clinic after 14 years of sadness. Dr Sevket Alpturk, Andri and the team are outstanding. It is no wonder that Dogus has such a high success rate.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 24/08/16, 21:19 »
    Baby love - congratulations on your wonderful news. Can I ask when did you have your treatment?

I'm surprised to hear that the clinic gave you a discount on the treatment when there's a set price for treatment....I'm sure many visiting Dogus for the first time have paid a great expense for previous IVF treatments. As a solo mum - self financing is even harder and hope that it results in a positive outcome.

Louie_mac73 - it was so lovely meeting you on Monday and hope you're doing well and safely on your way back home? I've asked Andri to pass on my mobile number details to you - rather than giving personal details on the message board. Hope that's okay.

X

Offline louie_mac73

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 25/08/16, 03:53 »
    Hi Girlsolo, that's great! I'll try to remind her in the morning. I'm just back home and praying hard for both of us. The journey home was long and tiring but I feel excited. My friend dreamt I had triplets!!! How was your journey? Are you already back at work?x

Offline AndiAllison

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 25/08/16, 19:19 »
    Hi All, just to let you all know that after a successful journey via dogus for IVF we are proud to announce the arrival of our new baby girl who we have called Zara - she was born on 6th August and weighed 7 pound 5 ounces and she is absolutely gorgeous - thanks to all at dogs especially Dr S and Andri who where fantastic throughout the treatment and afterwards - we have sent Andri a picture of Zara and she was absolutely thrilled with the result

Good luck everyone who is going through or thinking of going to Dogus for treatment - its a must as far as we are concerned we can't praise them enough

Andi and Alli
    xx

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 25/08/16, 19:20 »
    Hi Louie_mac73

Welcome back home and bet it feels great to be in your own surroundings?

Completely understand about the long tiring journey home - I checked out of my hotel at 10.30am and was back home 12 hours later. Went back to work the next day -apart from having to commute on the northern line in the searing heat its been lovely catching up with colleagues and thinking about things not IVF related.

Oh bless your friend - you'll be more than ready for a beautiful bunch of triplets! Hope you've managed to relax into the bank holiday weekend and look forward to keeping progress during our 2ww.

Take care
    xxx

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 25/08/16, 19:29 »
    Hi AndiAllison

Big congratulations to you both on your wonderful news and welcome to the world Zara. I know Andri will be positively beaming as a she's proudly shown me photos of some of the babies born at Dogus.

Enjoy every precious moment.
    x

Offline SryGrl

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 25/08/16, 20:40 »
    Hello Ladies,

AndiAllion - Congratulations on the birth of Zara!  ^festival^ ^pinkted^ ^banana^ I hope that you are having a wonderful time getting to know your bundle of joy!

Baby Love - That's wonderful that the Dogus team got you a BFP! How far along are you?

GirlSolo - That's fantastic that you are PUPO. How many did you end up putting in and freezing? Do you know the genders? BTW, I also take the Northern line (though I am off work for a while). It can indeed be quite unpleasant, particularly in such heat. Hopefully you will be able to put on that BOB pin soon!

Louie Mac - Congratulations as well on being in the PUPO bubble! That's fantastic that you have 8 embies! How many are on board?

AFM - I will fly out on Sunday, and ET will be Monday; I'm returning back on Friday; hoping to relax by the beach and pool during my stay (well, at least before 12 and after 6pm as I will be hibernating during the hottest part of the day). I've met with a consultant yesterday about my blocked fallopian tubes.  If I get a BFN from this cycle, I will go ahead and have keyhole surgery - a lap & dye. If my tubes are still blocked, they will be removed in the same operation,  I would then need to recuperate for 2 weeks; I would be able to proceed with another cycle after that. So, though I am optimistic about this cycle, it is helpful that I have a back up plan in case it fails. Dr. S. said that my chances would be better if I have any blocked tubes removed, but I have read of success after taking a longer course of antibiotics, so I am trying this first, which Dr. S. was fine with.

Xx

Offline louiemac

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 26/08/16, 21:50 »
    AndiAllison, Fab news!! Congratulations.

SryGirl, good luck for the coming week. Keep mu fingers crossed for you.

GirlSolo, brave going back to work the day after coming home! I'll text you.

I ended up with 6 on transfer day.  We transferred 4 and froze 2 so fingers crossed.  Felt a bit niggly and lightheaded today so who knows.....

L x

Offline GirlSolo

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 26/08/16, 23:10 »
    Hey SryGrl

Have a safe flight out to Cyprus and sending positive thoughts for your FET cycle.

Thank you so much! I ended up with 5 embryos on the day (2 X boys & 3 X girls) - only told by Andri that they were 'very good' - so made that made that difficult decision in the waiting room. Ended up transferring 3 embryos and freezing 2 - was incredibly to watch the embryos via the ultrasound which kept my mind off the fact that I was in a packed theatre and completely exposed from the waist down. The bed pan and asking if I needed a pee pee still makes me laugh to myself.

Great that you understand the joys of the northern line - whereabouts are you based? I'm in Tooting Broadway and even then not lucky enough to get a seat till Stockwell....haha hope that BOB badge changes my luck with a seat soon  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^

Exciting that you'll be PUPO soon and wearing that BOB badge too - sending baby dust to us all!

Take care
    xxx

Offline louie_mac73

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 30/08/16, 06:45 »
    Hi ladies. Srygirl, how are you getting on in Cyprus? Hope all is going well.

I had to do my first proluton jab last night and I found it horrific!! I'm glad they're only once a week and not daily!! But, I tested early, yesterday and today, and got BFP, so the jabs have got to be worth it. I can't believe that I'm pregnant and have, for the first time in my life, seen a second line!!!

Xx