* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 69773 times)

0 Members

Offline Job1

modify
Professor Quenby
« on: 24/01/16, 17:55 »
Hi,

Would anyone be able to advise of experiences with Prof Quenby.  If you had a biopsy and consultation what actually takes place and what happens after the results come out. Does Prof Quenby offer treatment guidelines so you can take these to your own clinic and cycle there with a protocol from Prof Quenby.

Does Prof Quenby offer immune treatment other than the usual steroids, intrallipids, because I have had all of these and none of them have worked.

Thank you in advance if you can advise.
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #1 on: 24/01/16, 19:56 »
    Hi Job
    I had biopsy and Professor Quenby/Professor Brosens only usually recommends prednisolone.  sometimes intralipids.  However prednisolone isn't advised until ET unlike some other places as Professor Q has evidence taken too early it can be detrimental.  Plus taking prednisolone if you have low uterine NK cells can also be a problem so it's worth having biopsy to find out what your levels are.

You will get a full review where they might pick up other things that have been missed plus after results you get a protocol which most clinics will follow.  However there are hospitals which do not believe in prednisolone or any other immune treatments at all so you would have to see your clinics view.

I can highly recommend Professor Quenby and Brosens. Good luck.
    TCCx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #2 on: 24/01/16, 21:22 »
    Hi Tincancat,

Than you so much for replying.
    I'm with a clinic in Spain who do give prednisolone plus other meds. I would need to re-read my notes as to when/time they give prednisolone
    So Prof Q provides suggestions and gives a protocol for you to take to another clinic for treatment? 
    Is that what you did?
    Does she not recommend ivigs or anything?
    Is the biopsy looking for the nk cell ie level 1 etc?

Are you awake for the biopsy? Do you remember how long it takes? If it hurts?

I've tried all things, steroids, intrallipids, hysterscopy, 6 cycles and absolutely no sign on a pregnancy stick or blood test!

Where are you with your treatment?

Thankyou so much again xx

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #3 on: 24/01/16, 21:47 »
    Hi Job
    The biopsy is the same as having a scratch.  It's done awake and is initially a bit like having a smear so uncomfortable when they put speculum in then it can come quite sharp as uterus will spasm but over with very quickly in a matter of minutes.
    It is simply a biopsy to look at endometrial NK cells so no blood tests.  They would most likely advise you should have stage 1 blood tests including thyroid.  Take any blood tests results you have with you.  The team does not recommend IVIG because they don't believe in them (  it's a product derived from donated blood so carries risks) and are more focused on ensuring endometrial environment is right for implantation.  So scratch before and if necessary prednisolone and intralipids.

If you have had prednisolone when you don't need it then you could have made matters worse.  Go see them with full details of all cycles and what you took when and let them give you a second opinion.  You will get a written recommendation of what to do next cycle with advice on amount and when to take prednisolone because doses and duration can be variable.

I've got my boys after DE treatment because by the time I'd discovered high endometrial NK cells my age was the biggest factor in the repeated failures.  I went to Cyprus.
    TCCx
    TCCx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #4 on: 25/01/16, 11:40 »
    Hi Tincancat,

Thank you so much. Sounds like it will be as you say, like a scratch will be ok!

Well I was just prescribed prednisolone as you are with many meds by clinics, so you are right I may have not needed it!!! you are kind of in the hands of the clinic when you first start out and until you get a little wiser with things!!! not good hey!!!

How were you treated with your high NK cells?
    Congrats with your little boys!!

I need to do a search to find out what is involved in test 1 for the NK tests, I may be able to ask my Dct to help out. Is there anywhere on here that has a list for what is involved in the Level 1 tests.

Thank you again X

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #5 on: 25/01/16, 14:31 »
    Agate's advice after a failed cycle thread might be helpful.  Level 1 tests are not for NK cells just things like clotting and thyroid.
    I took prednisolone and intralipids after high NK cells were confirmed by biopsy. 
    TCCx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #6 on: 26/01/16, 08:18 »
    Many thanks for your help and info TCC and best of luck with your future plans.
    X

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #7 on: 28/01/16, 14:37 »
    Hi Tincancat,

I was looking through my notes which have come back from the clinic. I know you mentioned Prof Q dosnt like prednisolone taken until ET because it can be detrimental.
    In my notes it says I was taking it the first day of my period which is the beginning of taking all the meds to build up my lining ready for ET, so about 2 weeks before ET! would this be incorrect?

Thanks
    X

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #8 on: 28/01/16, 15:23 »
    Hi Job1,

Sorry can I just ask you how long you had to wait to get the results back from the biopsy? I did the biopsy in the beginning of the month and hoping to get the results soon  ::)

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #9 on: 28/01/16, 15:44 »
    Hi Jenso,

I havnt had the biopsy yet, Im going to do this this month. Got to buy the ovulation kit.

How did you find it? and Prof Q?

X