* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 70058 times)

0 Members

Offline Flips

• Gold Member
modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #110 on: 31/03/16, 11:18 »
The biopsy is 360. I've not had any problems with emails, I emailed the day after ovulation and got a reply with an appointment time the same day.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #111 on: 31/03/16, 14:14 »
    I rang and got through!  :)

Its all a bit scary, just ringing up when I may or may not ovulate... I'm quite excited and relieved that they can do the test wether I ovulate or not.

Are the cheapie ovulation tests ok or do I need to spring for the fancy smiley faces ones do you think? I suppose in view of how expensive IVF is, the money for fancy sticks is a drop in the ocean in comparison  ;D

Xxx

Offline Hbkmorris

• Gold Member
    • I am a Mummy to my angel Phoenix x
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #112 on: 31/03/16, 14:41 »
    That's great, thanks Flips.

Haha cloudy that's made me chuckle.. I find the Asda's own ones are ok 5 for 7 I think or it might actually be 7 for 5.. pass.

I'm calling them tomorrow, works mayhem today so I'll wait a little xx

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #113 on: 31/03/16, 14:49 »
    Ladies, I would go for the cheap ovulation tests. The smiley ones give you 2 extra fertile days which is all fine if you're trying to get pregnant naturally but bloody confusing if you're just trying to find out when your LH surge is!!! Made that mistake myself!

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #114 on: 31/03/16, 14:55 »
    Thank you ladies! I think I will use both then!  :) I haven't ever seen a positive OV test or peak when temping because I don't have regular ovulation so not even sure when to start testing! I often don't ovulate at all, but I think I did last month but it would have been about CD22 - although Kerrie said it wasn't possible to OV after CD20! Maybe I should just test from CD10 and hope that my body tries to play ball for a change...  ^pray^

HBK - Good luck with your call tomorrow!

Xxx

Offline Hbkmorris

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #115 on: 31/03/16, 16:16 »
    Both it is  ;D least you know you are covering all! haha

Yeah my clinic always say to test from CD10 so knock yourself out and best buy a bucket of them  ;D :o..

Cheers.. I wonder if anyone will answer being a Friday  ^bigbad^ xx

Offline njr_26

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #116 on: 31/03/16, 17:14 »
    HBK, the hysto was with Serum and was fine, they got rid of quite a lot of thick lining and did deep implantation cuts. The whole thing was much less hassle than I thought.

I have never done an ovulation test and my cycles are generally about 30 days long, when should I start testing? Do you have to ovulate? I wonder if you can have this done whilst on the birth control pill as this will delay my next transfer by a month otherwise.

For a consultation with Prof Quenby do you just go to CRM at Coventry? They didn't make this very clear to DH when he finally managed to get someone to answer the phone.

Offline Hbkmorris

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #117 on: 31/03/16, 17:53 »
    That's very interesting njr_26.. Thank you for sharing. I don't have a thick lining.. sadly the opposite so it's interesting to hear about the hysto itself and that's it not much hassle. I'm in two minds with what to do.. See the biopsy is like having a scratch so I could time it with my next cycle if I wanted to  ^idiot^

I'm not sure if the theory is the same for long cycles but my cycles are pretty much hit and miss.. from 24-30 and all I was told was to test from CD10 as I'm a little here and there. I'm going to test mine from my next bleed as I want a scan to see what everything looks like with a normal cycle.. In fact must add OV sticks to my shopping list..

I just emailed them last time and I got emailed back the info sheet and booked the apt. I then went to the fertility part of CRM which is the left of the hospital and then you go into Prof Q & Prof B side. xx

Offline Franki53

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #118 on: 31/03/16, 19:57 »
    Hi ladies

Just catching up on this thread. I spoke to PQ last night as I never had my final consultation after my last test back in Nov. I had very different results so she has suggested I have another biopsy which I'll have next month. After my first she prescribed 20mg of pred from ET. Since this advise and the second biopsy which was 0.8% (no meds required) I had my peripheral NKCells tested which came up normal level bust very active this Dr recommend 25mg of pred 2-3 days before ET. This ended in a CP sadly so in thinking maybe the pred was over kill. My peripheral blood suggests and NK issue by uNK test suggests not! A bit confusing! Anyone else had this?

Offline Hbkmorris

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #119 on: 1/04/16, 08:42 »
    Morning ladies,

Ok, can someone give me the number for Kerri? Prof B has asked me to call her direct but I'm unsure of her number?  ^idiot^ My minds totally gone today lol xx