* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 70055 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #130 on: 1/04/16, 23:32 »
Thanks, Job. Am quite cautious as it could be over so quickly. Anyway, I think it's good to do the biopsy and then get proper instructions a our steroids or not rather than just getting them prescribed empirically. Good luck everyone!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #131 on: 2/04/16, 16:00 »
    Kitkat and everyone
    Did you have any suggestions to ask when I do the tel call to Prod Q.
    Also do you know if they do a treatment plan for sperm side?
    Thanks X

Offline Franki53

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #132 on: 2/04/16, 21:10 »
    Hiya!

I'm not sure they do a treatment for the sperm side. Does your OH have a low count? Has be tried proxceed? I recently contact serum enquiringly about their immunes and they suggested some antibiotics?! Incase of any infection I guess that may hinder the count.
    Worth asking about the asprin too. Some Drs and consultants recommend taking it but Prof Q advises against it "interfers" with implantation aparently. But I can't work out or been advised as who what the interference is or what cases it would be acceptable.

I had a CP and the only things I did different to my previous cycles was take pred (25mg) and take aspirin. I was advised to take the pred 2-3 days before ET. proQ advises from ET day. Interesting that these Drs have such a difference in opinion, and I now think the asprin and "early" pred taking contributed to the CP? But who knows!?

I've had lots of advise over my journey and just gone with what they say and never thought to ask why?

Good luck X X X

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #133 on: 2/04/16, 21:57 »
    Hi Frankie
    Thanks for your advise, I'm sorry about your recent comments.
    aspirin is a good one to ask about. I've never taken it over all my cycles!
    I know what you mean about so much differing advice and info/meds it's mind boggling!
    This site is useful.
    The sperm side we have used Macs - a technique used in Spain which really helped our results, instead of icsi, it's stronger.

I will see what the phone call on Tuesday brings! I'm thinking I will be advised v low dosage of whatever they say!
    Do you have further plans for cycles?
    Xx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #134 on: 2/04/16, 21:59 »
    Sorry Frankie
    That's my mobile predictive texting grrhhhh
    It meant to say I'm sorry about your recent cp that you mentioned.
    Sorry again xxxx

Offline AUSSIE1

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #135 on: 3/04/16, 19:25 »
    Hi everyone
    I am due to have a FET the middle of next month and wondered if I would have enough time to have a biopsy and get results before then?
    Please could someone let me know when you have the biopsy, how much it costs and who to email to arrange?
    Thank you! X

Offline Hbkmorris

• Gold Member
    • I am a Mummy to my angel Phoenix x
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #136 on: 3/04/16, 19:34 »
    Aussie1.. The biopsy is 360 I believe and results normally take up to 3 weeks so you'd need to get in ASAP. The number for contact was a page or so back.. Sorry I'm not on my phone with it xx

Here it is courtesy of Cloudy 02476967528 X

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #137 on: 3/04/16, 19:37 »
    Hey Job, quenby don't deal with the sperm side of things unfortunately, they just do the biopsy only.

Aussie, have you ovulated yet this month? If so then it will be too late to do the biopsy which needs doing 7-10 days after ovulation.  Results take 2-4 weeks (mine tool 2.5 weeks as I told them it was urgent). It costs GBP360. It counts as a scratch at the same time (due to irritation of the lining). You need to contact coventry and Warwickshire hospital (Dr quenby and Dr brosens). Good luck!

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #138 on: 3/04/16, 21:30 »
    Hi kitkat, how are you doing? Hope all is going well.
    Thanks for letting me know re: sperm side.

Aussie, would there be any chance you could delay your frozen cycle or is  it too late?
    X

Offline Flips

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #139 on: 4/04/16, 10:40 »
    I was told 4 weeks for results, their leaflet says 5-6 weeks, so it may be too late. Try ringing them.