* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 70060 times)

0 Members

Offline Franki53

modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #140 on: 4/04/16, 21:19 »
Aww thanks Job 1, I was only advised to take the asprin due to a clotting clotting issue or risk. So who blooming knows the best way forward...?? Totally mind boggling like you say.

Aussie, if you want the biopsy then probably west to wait a cycle in between, unless you've biopsied before? They can cause inflammation and if you already have inflammation you may have too much. On the flip side if you have no inflammation a biopsy (scratch) would be beneficial.. The advantages of a scratch last 3-4 months I believe. Good luck with your FET X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #141 on: 5/04/16, 19:11 »
    Hi everyone,

Well I had my tell call with Prof Q and she suggested as my levels were so normal and beautiful (as she put it!!!)
    1. Mid-luteal endometrial biopsy (‘endometrial scratch’) to enhance the uterine decidual response – this was performed on the day of uNK cell testing. 
    2. Progesterone supplements as recommended by the IVF team.
    3. Our uNK cell test indicates that prednisolone is not indicated. 
    4.  We advise against taking aspirin in the early stages of pregnancy as it may interfere with the preparation of the lining of the womb for pregnancy. 
    5. We recommend early pregnancy scans from 6-7 weeks onwards to ascertain fetal development and viability.

So that is what she has advised!!! rather feel like Im going into the next cycle not being medication, but as she kept saying 'less is more' doctors keep chucking too much at you and your system is being unbalanced!!

Kitkat, did you reduce your meds, ie prednisolone to virtually nothing on your positive cycle?

The other thing she said I could have was a further free scratch right before my cycle, they last about 3 months and she really believes in the scratch.
    x

Offline AUSSIE1

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #142 on: 5/04/16, 20:19 »
    Thank you everyone for all of ul your advice! I am cycling abroad and so stupidly I will probably go ahead and so that cycle them its biopsy or other tests for me! Thanks again xx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #143 on: 5/04/16, 20:34 »
    Gosh Aussie1
    You really have been through lots of cycles as you profile says! Bit like all of us on here! Really hope this new cycle goes well for you where are you cycling? Shame you can't do the biopsy before or postpone.
    Wishing you loads of luck x

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #144 on: 5/04/16, 21:33 »
    Job, i just replied to your pm, but basically for me it was different as I had slightly raised nk cells so I took prednison from ET onwards (20mg).
    Anyway, it was a shortlived happiness, I am 5w2d today and my hcg has fallen and period started :'( good luck to you all!

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #145 on: 6/04/16, 08:03 »
    Hi Kitkat, thanks for the pm, and Im so so so sorry for your results, I had high hopes for you. I have pm'd you too.
    Melissa how are you, have you had your results back? Jenso have you gone ahead with a cycle. How is everyone else doing?
    x

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #146 on: 6/04/16, 08:34 »
    Kitkat I was so pleased to hear that you finally got a bfpvit really gave me hope so it is heartbreaking to hear what you are going through at the moment. Take care of yourself and if you want to do another biopsy before your next cycle they do it free of charge. X

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #147 on: 6/04/16, 08:50 »
    Thanks Jenso and Job! You know the cruel thing is that one would think that changing to de may be the answer but then I can see you're equally struggling! I am however honestly so chuffed I got implantation. I just so would love to tell you ladies if it was due to Dr q or if maybe we final hit a vaguely decent but abnormal egg!

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #148 on: 7/04/16, 08:12 »
    Does anyone know if I can stop 20mg prednison asap or need to weane off it?

Offline Flips

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #149 on: 7/04/16, 12:17 »
    I think you'd need to be weaned off, I had to be weaned off 25mg