* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 69878 times)

0 Members

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #150 on: 7/04/16, 15:12 »
If you have been on it more than 2 weeks then prednisolone will need to be weaned down every few days. Less than 2 weeks regardless of dose you can stop immediately.  Check with your clinic their protocol.
TCCx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #151 on: 7/04/16, 18:43 »
    Hi flips and tincancat, thanks for the advice! Have started to half my dose yesterday already and will continue for a couple of days then half again as I took pred for 3 weeks from ET. Brosens has kindly offered for me to come back for a retest and scratch whenever I am ready

Offline Bella2016

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #152 on: 7/04/16, 22:08 »
    Hi everyone, does anyone know how Dr Gorgy's uterine NK cell biopsy results translate into Dr Quenby's biopsy results?

It seems that the two tests are quite different. I had my uNK biopsy in Nov last year and my results were: 0-1 CD57+ cells. Dr G said the lower the better. He also tested for FoxP3+ cells, my results were 0-3. These cells are important for implantation and the higher the better. Mine are low, as 3-5 would be ideal, thus I'll need Intralipids.

However, Dr G also prescribed 25 mg of Prednisone to start on day 5 of stims, but reading this thread and other posts on diff threads, am very doubtful about whether I should take steroids, seeing that apart from elevated peripheral blood NK cells at 20%, for which I'll also have IL, all other tests came back ok at the time.
    So, am totally in two minds about whether I should take steroids or not...would they help or be harmful for me?? Or perhaps I should take them from ET day, as Dr Q suggest rather than day 5 of stims that's Dr G's advice?? I swear my head will split in half soon...

KatKat, am so sorry about your recent BFN, please don't give up.
    Good luck to everyone else who is cycling or are about to start cycling soon.
    Bella x

Offline Melissa42

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #153 on: 8/04/16, 15:41 »
    Hi Ladies

Kitkat - I am sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself and I hope it has giving you lots of hope for your next cycle.

Job - I am hoping to hear from them today! They got back to me yesterday and said they have been chasing the lab and have me as a priority in the lab! The know I need the answer by today but it's not looking hopeful!

Bella - I am also with Dr g and it is so hard with so many different protocols! I am waiting for the results from P Quenby as an extra opinion to help confuse everything 😀.

AFM I had transfer today, this IVF I ihad 5 mature eggs and only 2 fertilised! My worst outcome yet so feel doomed from the start ! But 2 Embryos went back into today so need to be positive and remind myself the top grade blastocyst from previous cycles did not work so maybe the a 2 day transfer might be the one!

Hi to all and Have a lovely weekend xxx

Offline Bella2016

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #154 on: 8/04/16, 17:19 »
    Thank you, Melissa. I have posted this question on the immune board and someone pointed out that the two tests look for very different markers and the CD57 (Dr G'a test) is unhelpful to implantation. So, I wonder what markets Dr Q's test looks at or does it just look at the total numbers of uNK?
    Congrats on being a PUPO and fingers X for the 2WW!!  ^pray^

Bella xx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #155 on: 8/04/16, 17:35 »
    Hi Melissa,
    Best of luck with your cycle!!! keep positive, drinks lots. Let us know your results for Prof Q and what they suggest. Will you follow Prof Q or Dct G plan of action, I feel both will be very different!!
    Bella let us know your replies for your questions, they are useful for us all
    xxx

Offline Bella2016

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #156 on: 8/04/16, 22:07 »
    Hi Job1, please check out this link:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=344405.new#new

This is the topic I started on the immunology board and the replies from those lovely ladies  are very interesting and encouraging. It helps me understand the difference between Prof Q and Dr G's biopsy test.
    Let me know what you think.
    Bella x

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #157 on: 9/04/16, 12:53 »
    Hi Bella,
    Thanks for sharing the information, its a mine field hey!!
    Prof Q when I asked her said she wouldn't test for the blood NK test, its not relevant! just go with the uterus biopsy but then other clinics do advise to test with the bloods.
    Ive not been tested for the blood NK test for over 2 yrs. I have gone with Prof Q biopsy just for now.
    Who are you cycling with and will you go with Prof Q or Dct G advice because they are v different.. What meds will you follow?
    Did you have your blood test with Dct G?
    X

Offline Bella2016

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #158 on: 9/04/16, 14:07 »
    Hi Job1,
    I agree, all this immunology stuff is a mine field!! I have been reading so much about it, I literally feel that my head will soon split into two…and every time I get to a point that I understand something and finally make a decision about what protocol I will follow, then I read something else that completely disturbs the water and am back to square one..

ATM though, this is what I understand (and anyone, please do challenge me if I am wrong):
    Prof Q's biopsy looks at the total number of NK cells, including all different kind of markers, which above 5% is bad and thus she prescribes steroids starting from ET. Dr G's biopsy, however, only looks at the number of 2 specific markers, CD57 and FoxP3, rather than the total nr of NK cells. According to Dr Beer, these 2 markers play a significant role in the process of implantation- if CD57 is present or if FoxP3 is low, then the chances of implantation will be reduced. Thus, steroids is prescribed from day 5 of stims. He also argues that NK cells from the blood may migrate from the blood to the uterus.
    One of the lovely ladies on the other thread posted this link that explains Dr Beer's theory behind the biopsy, which Dr G follows.
    http://www.repro-med.net/immune-pathology-of-endometrium

I have some CD57 and low FoxP3 markers, thus Dr G prescribed me intralipids and steroids. However, because of what I have read about Prof Q's theory about the risk of steroids over suppressing the activity of NK cells and thus reducing inflammation for implantation, I have been quite worried about taking them. However, I don't know what my total nr of NK cells are, which Prof Q's test measures, so I think I am now going to bite the bullet and take Dr G's advise and go with steroids, IL, clexane, utrogestan and prontogest + whatever my clinic will prescribe. I am cycling with CRGH, but had all my immunes done with Dr G. I have already had 2 rounds of LIT and will retest my LAD levels next week- I am also quite confused about what the point of having LIT is, but I just followed Dr G's advice, as I also have over 50% of DQ Alpha match with my husband. I guess I will worry about this more when my results come back..

I just hate that I even have to think about all these stuff before I can even try to get pregnant and everybody else around me just gets pregnant so easily and have no idea about any of these stuff…. sometimes I honestly feel like giving up… sorry for the blue mood…

Hope you are well. Have a good w/end.
    Bella. x

Offline Bella2016

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #159 on: 9/04/16, 14:11 »
    PS: I am also thinking about having a scratch before my next cycle. Do you think that would reasonable, since it causes inflammation? My theory is that if steroids do over suppress, then at least I would still have some inflammation necessary for implantation. Does that sound silly??
    Ho do you cycle with and what is your protocol?
    B x