* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 70057 times)

0 Members

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #20 on: 31/01/16, 14:09 »
Job1: They will explain it all to you when you meet one of the professors but basically you need a certain amount of of inflammation in your lining in order to achieve pregnancy so that is why they do biopsy of your lining at the time of implantation. If you have high inflammation you need prednisolone in order to reduce the inflammation but if you have low inflammation or normal I guess than steroids will suppress you too much so that there are no inflammation at all and therefore no implantation of an embryo.

Cleaxane is a blood thiner so I dont know if it affects the inflammation but as most fertility things I guess doctors will have different opinions of the best option so listen which makes it more difficult for us but we just have to listen to their reasoning and make a decision.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #21 on: 31/01/16, 16:13 »
    That's how it was explained to me.  Need some inflammation to start with hence scratch then the NK cells need calming down if they are too high afterwards.  Therefore prednisolone not to be taken too soon.  If I recall again I didn't take clexane until ET either.  I certainly don't think they want you on clexane if you are having EC because of the risks of excessive bleeding during EC. 
    TCCx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #22 on: 31/01/16, 19:18 »
    I never took clexane before EC either, was only told to do afterwards. I do however drink concentrate beetroot shots and Raspberry leaf tea before EC to help with blood flow (but not to think blood).

Job, you're right I shall wait for now, am skint anyway.

All very confusing...I agree! I did however have a better feeling meeting Dr b (quenby's colleague) than Dr g. But that's just my own personal feeling

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #23 on: 31/01/16, 20:20 »
    mmmm really odd, I checked again, I took the pill to get my cycle in synch with donor and then when that had finished when my period started took clexane and prednislone! which is contradiction to Prof Q advice by the looks of things! Maybe its different with donor cycling?

Katkat, let us know how you get on with your results from Prof Q.  What is the ERA test you mentioned?

Do anyone of you know of any success stories using Prof Q on this forum? Maybe I should ask the question on the forum? be great to know.
    XX

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #24 on: 31/01/16, 20:51 »
    Hey job, sorry I haven't replied about the ERA. It is thr endometrial receptivity array test. You check the genes in your lining which all need to be switched on for implantation to happen. It can determine if you are receptive, pre or post. Most people are receptive, I think 80%. If your are pre or post then your transfer needs to happen earlier or later than on day 3 or 5. I think it means for example if post receptive then for example a 5 day blast will have to be put in on day 6, 7 etc. This is all determined but the amount of days you're on progesterone before transfer.  I don't 100% understand it either but I just want to rule out everything that MAY be the reason. But to be honest at my age then the chromosomes will probably be the main reason for non implantation as I am doing own egg. BUT Dr b. said that it is odd I never even had a chemical or so with 5 transfers. I ran the ERA question past him and he said that he thinks there is something to it. However that you check the status quo and that it may not 100% mean that the next month you're pre or post receptive necessarily. But my ordinal opinion is that this is the same with everything.  Like the NK cell testing. Is it really the same every month? It's all such a grey area, I think there are not enough clinical trials..

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #25 on: 31/01/16, 21:08 »
    I think Tinnacat is one of the success stories and I also know a few from the greek board on FF some being treated by Prof Quenby and some  Dr Leddee in Paris who do a similar test. You would still still take the pill I think because that is to sync you with donor and I asked someone else if oestrogen pills (that my clinic use to sync you) will affect nk cells and she said that she had used it when she got pregnant so it should be fine.

Most clinics that treat you for immunes without testing would treat you for high inflammation and therefore give you prednisole, intralipid,ivig etc to lower inflammation which is obviously a problem if you have a low amount of inflammation instead and that is needed for implantation. There is still very little research out there but hopefully the research that is being done in Paris and Coventry will help the situation on time....

Offline Melissa42

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #26 on: 1/02/16, 14:20 »
    Hi

I hope you don't mind me joining you. I am thinking of doing a biopsy with Prof Quenby. In brief I have had 4 chemicals and have just had a negative on my last FET not even a hint of a chemical, this was also the first time I have used steroids! (Steroids started on day 1 of cycle.) I know at my age with my own eggs its highly likley embryo quality but also its a little strange not to even have a chemical with 2 good looking blastocysts transferred.  Just makes me wonder question everything. Its about the only test I have not done.

The information on here is so useful and helpful.
    Thank you ladies :-) x

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #27 on: 1/02/16, 14:57 »
    Hi Melissa
    Unfortunately your age is against you.  However if you are producing enough embryos have you thought of genetic screening of embryos before they are put back?   I think the new technique is called array CGS which is a test that looks at all the chromosomes?  It is expensive but it might be worth it because although embryos can look good down the microscope in reality they can be genetically abnormal particularly if you are over 40.
    Endometrial biopsy will also help because it would indicate if you should be taking prednisolone or not.  With the array CGS and biopsy you would much increase your chances.  The sad fact is once over 40, if you become pregnant, miscarriage risk is greater than 50% if embryos haven't been screened.
    TCCx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #28 on: 1/02/16, 19:03 »
    Hi Melisisa,
    Welcome, its always good to hear other peoples stories/information. As you can see some have had the biopsy and I am thinking to. The information so far seems pretty positive to go for a biopsy with Prof Quenby.
    Are you informed about immunes? you are similar to myself and Jenso and katkat in that each cycle dosnt even produce a hint of a pregnancy.
    Where are you cycling?

Tincatncat, you had a success story from the biopsy you had with Prof Qeunby, were you treated with immunes from the biopsy.
    XX

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #29 on: 1/02/16, 22:05 »
    Yes Job I had prednisolone from ET plus intralipids. 
    TCCx