* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 69875 times)

0 Members

Offline Melissa42

modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #30 on: 2/02/16, 13:23 »
Thank you for the welcome ladies.

tincancat - yes I think testing the embryos maybe the next move. Its so horrible being a ticking age time bomb.

As I am tapering off steroids would anyone know if I could get a biopsy in the same month, ie 21 days from now or would the steroids still be in the system so the biopsy results may not be valid?

Hope everyone is having a lovely day

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #31 on: 2/02/16, 18:40 »
    Hi Melissa
    I'd check with Professor Brosens or Quenby but I should imagine you will have to be completely free of prednisolone for at least the whole cycle.
    Good luck
    TCCx

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #32 on: 2/02/16, 20:43 »
    You will have to wait two cycles after a failed ivf I am afraid....

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #33 on: 2/02/16, 20:58 »
    Hi ladies, I also had the biopsy with Prof Brosens a few months ago & it seems I'm one of the weird ones with v low inflammation (0.96% NK Cells). Am currently doing a 3 month stint of bcp to try to dampen my endo, then want to have scratch again and go back to Prague for my frosty rescue mission (DE embryos).
    Does anyone know whether you can do an endometrial scratch in the same cycle as a FET?

Offline Melissa42

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #34 on: 3/02/16, 14:49 »
    Thanks Tincacancat and Jenso. I thought so,  geuss I will have to wait if I am going to get it done. Just so impatient.  I'm also doing immunes with Dr g cycling in Glasgow, but I think I want to do a biopsy with prof Quenby as its cheaper then Dr G and to get a second opinion.

Does anyone know what the protocol is if you have inflammation? is it that you add steroids at transfer or collection? or does that depend on how high the inflammation is?
    Thank you x

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #35 on: 5/02/16, 13:54 »
    Hi ladies,

I had my phone appointment with Prof Brosens on Tuesday and it was quite brief, he basically said that since I had low/normal inflammation I should go for as natural cycle as possible. He recommended the following:
    1. Mid-luteal endometrial biopsy (‘endometrial scratch’) to enhance the uterine decidual response – this was performed on the day of uNK cell testing. 
    2. Progesterone supplements as instructed by the Fertility Team.
    3. Our uNK cell test indicates that prednisolone is not indicated. 
    4. We advise against taking aspirin in the early stages of pregnancy as it may interfere with the preparation of the lining of the womb for pregnancy. 
    5. We recommend early pregnancy scans from 6 - 7 weeks onwards

Peny from Serum agreed that there was no reason to add any immune treatment to my upcoming cycle so I hope that going for DE egg and as a natural approach as possible will be the answer for us.

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #36 on: 5/02/16, 17:52 »
    Hi jenso,

That's good you now have a plan to work towards.
    How do you feel about his advice? Have you had a scratch before?
    Before have you always had prednisolone? This time you won't take it?
    How much different is this plan to what you are used to?
    X

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #37 on: 5/02/16, 17:53 »
    Jenso,

Do you have to be cycling with serum to ask for advice with penny? I've heard she is good?
    Thanks X

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #38 on: 5/02/16, 21:16 »
    Sounds good plan for you Jenso.  I wish you all the luck.

Melissa prednisolone is taken from ET for everyone who needs it for high NK cells if following Professor Quenby and Brosens advice.  They never advise to take it early than ET.  However it might be dependent don't know if day of starting changes if it's a d3 as opposed to d5 transfer.
    TCCx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #39 on: 7/02/16, 09:33 »
    Hi ladies
    While I try to search this does anyone know if the biopsy for NK immunes in womb are the
    same/results as bloods taken for NK in the usual route from blood. I'm assuming they would be the same.
    Thanks X