* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 70056 times)

0 Members

Offline Job1

modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #50 on: 7/02/16, 19:30 »
Hi Klmch,

Yes I think if it was me I would have been expecting to have steroids! So all your cycles have been natural with the least amount of meds?
Prof Q and B info does kind of make sense which makes me wonder if I have been over immuned!!
Doing my cycles in Spain, so far 1 DE in London which didn't work out then moved to Spain and have done 4 and nothing! No ideas what so ever, no Endo issues etc, have had a hysteroscopy but they coudnt find anything, no fibroids! so its all a mystery!
Im going to go to Prof Q, B next, this seems the only viable affordable option now.

Do you know the kind of fibroids you have?
X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #51 on: 7/02/16, 20:00 »
    Well they've not been natural as such, all oestrogen and progesterone but certainly no immune stuff or steroids etc.
    I think it makes sense to have the biopsy, if you have very low NK cells or inflammation like me, they wouldn't recommend steroids, quite the opposite. Apparently you need a certain amount if inflammation for implantation, and mine may be too low. So I've been recommended to have endo scratches to increase implantation. I am hoping that this might help.
    You never know, yours may be a similar situation and you might be better without immune treatments?

My fibroid ( some were taken out) is not in the uterine cavity so multiple doctors have said they don't think it will cause a problem.

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #52 on: 7/02/16, 20:18 »
    Hi
    Every single cycle I've had it's been full on steroids,  intrallipids it's kind of the norm I feel for cycles
    to do this! I've had scratches too! 😔 We even had the sperm side looked at and used a technique they
    do in Spain called  Macs which really helped us get the best results. It would be crazy to do a cycle without
    immunes and get a positive result!!
    That's good you have had your fibroids removed and they are not in the way now.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #53 on: 7/02/16, 21:39 »
    Hello! I will get the quenby results in about 3 weeks at about the start of my next ivf. But in 2 weeks I will be in my luteal phase and do the ERA.  I will have the opportunity to have a scratch as well. Do you ladies reckon I should go ahead with it even though I haven't had the quenby results? Can a scratch be bad if you have high inflammation?

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #54 on: 7/02/16, 21:44 »
    Hi kat kat,
     The biopsy does the same thing as a scratch so no point having a scratch after the biopsy. Did you tell them your ivf schedule, as they do seem to try to get your results back to you a little faster if you are about to go into a cycle.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #55 on: 7/02/16, 22:24 »
    Hi klmch, thanks for your reply. I had the biopsy last week and I only cycle in March, so I think that scratch will 'no longer be valid' 2 months later. So this month (the one after the biopsy), I am having another biopsy, this time for the ERA test. I hope this is also kind of like a scratch too. But at the same time I am wondering that if I had high inflammation that the ERA biopsy/the scratch is actually something that could hinder implantation. Kind of like if you have low inflammation, do a scratch. If you have high inflammation, then don't. Not sure if this is how it works?

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #56 on: 7/02/16, 22:28 »
    Yes, that's how I understand it... Scratch for low inflammation, steroids for high inflammation. Having said that though, if the results show you to have high inflammation, and they prescribe steroids, that might wipe out the inflammatory effect of the scratch?

I was under the impression that any beneficial effect of the biopsy might last for 2 months, but I can't remember where I heard that.... Might be worth checking with the clinic.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #57 on: 7/02/16, 22:42 »
    Hm yeah I kind of heard about that 2 months thing as well. My clinic treated empirically and I had a scratch plus prednisone from day 1 before, so both. Just in case I guess? Brosens wasn't keen on doing steroids from day 1 though.

What's going on with the weather on London?!

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #58 on: 7/02/16, 22:47 »
    I had scratch the cycle before then started prednisolone on ET day.  I have high NK cells and Professor Brosens agreed when I suggested it.  I think if you take prednisolone from day 1 it would mute the effects of the scratch but by taking them from ET it's not such a problem.
    TCCx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #59 on: 7/02/16, 22:51 »
    Thanks tincancat, that makes sense!