* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 69874 times)

0 Members

Offline WeeJacs

modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #60 on: 10/02/16, 21:44 »
Hi all

I'm looking for some advice regarding Prof Q.

I live in Scotland, can anyone inform me of the referral process? Can I self refer to the implantation clinic?

I have recently been diagnosed with significant Endo, I've had a natural MC and and MC from our 1st IVF cycle. My Diagnostic lap was only on the 18th Jan, the doc managed to clear the right side but the left side was more tricky, he said that the ovary was joined onto my tube etc and he wishes to talk about open surgery at our next appointment to stabilise it but obv this comes with risks.

We are due back at the assisted conception clinic to talk about my recent diagnosis and talk about our next cycle.

Is it worthwhile me trying to see Dr Q, do I fit the criteria for immune testing? Would like to have this all done and have a plan from her before our final Ivf cycle on the NHS.

Thanks

Jac ❤️ x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #61 on: 10/02/16, 21:55 »
    Hi Jac, sorry to hear about your MC s, and about your endo. Crap isn't it?
    You can self-refer, I did.  You can just email them in advance to ask about it, and they will let you know whether you need to wait any cycles after your lap, and then tell you to use OPK and email them when you ovulate. They will book you in for around about 7-10 days later ( that's from memory, not sure about the exact number of days).
    I think it's worth doing if you have had repeated BFNs or MC. At least you will know if you are dealing with high or low inflammation, which gives you a bit of a starting point!

Offline WeeJacs

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #62 on: 10/02/16, 22:46 »
    Hi K

Thanks for the speedy reply...crap doesn't even cover it eh! The joke of it is I had to change my NHS consultant and push for the Lap.

Can I ask what kind of cost it is? Just so I have an idea.

Also do I just email my history when self referring?

Jac x

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #63 on: 10/02/16, 22:51 »
    Hi Jac, it was 360 last year. Yes, I'd say just email them a brief overview and the secretary there will let you know what to do next. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #64 on: 11/02/16, 14:18 »
    Can you only do it if you ovulate?

Only asking cos I'm on the pill and have been for 10 years so god knows if my body will even ovulate if I come off it

Offline WeeJacs

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #65 on: 11/02/16, 19:14 »
    Hi Klmch

Thanks I emailed today, I'll let you know how I get on

Jac x

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #66 on: 11/02/16, 21:36 »
    Carrie88, I don't know but I am sure you must be able to, maybe they just time it differently?

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #67 on: 18/02/16, 13:30 »
    Thought I post my uNK results here - just came back at 5.68% and it days everything else is normal but these are classed as high levels as they are above 5%?! I dint think it's that high, right? I will have a follow up with brosens next week. Results came back within 3 weeks as I told them it is urgent as I am wanting to start my next cycle soon.

Offline Amy76

• Volunteer
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #68 on: 18/02/16, 13:46 »
    Katkat I had my results back last week & they were 4.75% & everything else was normal so not massively different to yours, I had my follow up call on Tuesday & Prof Quenby said just to have scratch before et if it is more than 3 months after the biopsy, I hope your follow up call goes well & helps with decisions for protocol on your next cycle  :)

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #69 on: 18/02/16, 13:50 »
    Hin Amy,  very interesting indeed! Hmmm I thought scratch when they are low and prednison when they are high. I guess we're both borderline so will be interesting to see what they recommend I do!