* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 70061 times)

0 Members

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #70 on: 23/02/16, 21:50 »
For those that are reading. If you have borderline high uNK cells then Dr Q recommend prednisolone from ET onwards and also a scratch too. I am told to avoid aspirin, that's just a general thigh they don't believe on (and say it can for more harm than good). I did an ERA biopsy too (waiting for results) and this also counts as a scratch.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #71 on: 8/03/16, 13:18 »
    Hi how are you all doing? I am having my transfer next week, so fingers crossed.  ^pray^ Have you seen this article in the Guardian about Prof Quenby: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/08/scientists-identify-cause-of-multiple-miscarriages-for-first-time

/links

Offline WeeJacs

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #72 on: 8/03/16, 14:12 »
    She was just on the Lunchtime ITV news talking about her breakthrough in the connection of recurring miscarriage and reduced stem cells in the womb. Very interesting x

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #73 on: 8/03/16, 21:12 »
    Hi
    I read a little about it in the news, was very interesting.
    Had my biopsy done yesterday, so will await the results quite soon! Found Prof B to be very helpful.
    Jenso hope your transfer goes smoothly, fingers crossed for you. Have you been following Prof Q protocol for this transfer.
    X

Online katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #74 on: 17/03/16, 17:51 »
    Hello,
    Does anyone know what 75mg aspirin translates into / how much clexane? Dr brosens/quenby don't seem to like aspirin but said clexane would be fine but didn't give me a dosage. My protocol says aspirin (given by my clinic).  That is in addition to prednisone from ET onwards.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #75 on: 17/03/16, 18:26 »
    There isn't an equivalent dose as such.  It has a completely different action to aspirin.  I used 40mg clexane and aspirin 75mg was added in later to help prevent eclampsia.  I wasn't keen on taking aspirin and it was the first one I stopped when I was bleeding at 16 weeks.
    TCCx

Offline Melissa42

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #76 on: 18/03/16, 11:06 »
    Hi

I'm having my biopsy done on Monday, do you take any painkillers before the biopsy?

Thank you x

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #77 on: 18/03/16, 16:05 »
    Hi Melissa
    I took painkillers before just paracetamol and ibuprofen because it can come a bit sharp.
    TCCx

Offline klmch

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #78 on: 18/03/16, 16:50 »
    Hi Melissa, I completely forgot to take painkillers but they offer you gas & air ( which was a bit weird but worked I guess!)

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #79 on: 18/03/16, 17:11 »
    Hi I didn't take anything and I thought it was fine. A little painful but over in ten seconds :-)