* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 70059 times)

0 Members

Offline Melissa42

modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #90 on: 22/03/16, 12:15 »
Hello ladies

Had my biopsy yesterday ouch! But was over in a few seconds.

Job1 - I am going in to a fresh IVF cycles which should be in about a weeks time? I asked for it to be put through as urgent too! Hope you get your results back soon and if you can let me know when they get to you so I can judge how long mine will take! Thank you

Katkat hope the 2ww is going well for you 😀

Franki - have you heard of a neupogen wash? This is meant to help with lining thickness, it's all very new and I don't know much about it but you can maybe ask on the immune thread for more info on it. Dr Gorgy does this.

Hi to all 😀x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #91 on: 22/03/16, 14:53 »
    Hi Melissa,
    Its good you have had your biopsy yesterday, it did hurt!!! I took pain killers but would take stronger pain relief if I did it again!!!
    I have just sent an email to the secretary asking for her to see when my results would be back as they were marked as urgent. I will keep you informed! Hoping to do a cycle as soon as possible, like you.

Frankie, Selinium tablets are very good for helping with the thickness of the lining. I took these last cycle and they really helped.
    X

Offline Franki53

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #92 on: 22/03/16, 17:33 »
    Thanks ladies

Funnily enough I was just reading another post and some one mentioned this neupogen wash and I wondered what the hell it was? I'll take look at that. I'll also give the selenium ago is it just a regular suppliement?

X

Offline Franki53

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #93 on: 22/03/16, 17:51 »
    Hi Tincancat

My results were so different! Went from very high to slow low it's not treatable at 0.8% I can only assume the first biopsy activated the stem cells which helped lower the NK activity.
    I think the MC after this biopsy was due my my lining as it was very thin, there was just no where for it to burrow in :-(

So does suggest an endo scratch is worth having before a ET? If the cells are low and you still the the pred would this be detrimental to the pregnancy do you think?

Xx

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #94 on: 22/03/16, 21:00 »
    A scratch helps increase inflammation and optimise the lining before implantation.  From what I understand you need a certain amount of inflammation early in implantation.  Later in the implantation stage high inflammation is not needed so prednisolone is supposed to dampen down any over response.
    TCCx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #95 on: 30/03/16, 12:30 »
    Hi ladies/Melissa

I had my results back today and have a phone call for next Tuesday to discuss treatment
    plan. Melissa that took x3 wks to get results back and me chasing too!
    They said all was fine ovulated fine and also said my uNK count was 2.56% of my stromal cells. The upper limit of normal is 5%. This means that the result of the test indicates normal uNK cell density

So not sure what that means or what will be advised.
    Xx

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #96 on: 30/03/16, 14:10 »
    Regarding my results - above - does anyone have any advice/knowledge/insight into the results and questions I could ask when I have my telephone call next Tuesday
    Thank you xx

Offline Hbkmorris

• Gold Member
    • I am a Mummy to my angel Phoenix x
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #97 on: 30/03/16, 14:18 »
    Hello Job1,

Lovely to hear your results are within normal range that must be such a relief to you. I'd of thought Prof Q wouldn't advise on any prednisolone and that you'd not need immunes meds unless your level 2's have shown any clotting issues etc.

In 2012 my levels were only slightly raised at 5.9% but she did advise me to add 20mg steroids (prednisolone) to any forthcoming cycles. For you I'm sure she's advise on any at all but I could be wrong. Have you had the confirmation email from her and does it state any medication she'd suggest at the bottom?

I have a question to ask you if you don't mind. It's been some years since I had mine done and just wondering if to have them again. Could you tell me how much she charges now for the biopsy?

Many thanks, good luck with your follow up consultation with her. Make a list of any questions you wish to ask her, then you can fire them off. xx

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #98 on: 30/03/16, 14:19 »
    Mine was low just as yours and the recommendations were:
    1. Mid-luteal endometrial biopsy (‘endometrial scratch’) to enhance the uterine decidual response – this was performed on the day of uNK cell testing. 
    2. Progesterone supplements as instructed by the Fertility Team.
    3. Our uNK cell test indicates that prednisolone is not indicated. 
    4. We advise against taking aspirin in the early stages of pregnancy as it may interfere with the preparation of the lining of the womb for pregnancy. 
    5. We recommend early pregnancy scans from 6 - 7 weeks onwards for check on fetal development and viability.

The phone conversation I had was really short so just the letter would have been fine for me, but I think I asked most questions when I saw him the first time.

Offline Job1

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #99 on: 30/03/16, 18:19 »
    hi hbkmorris, thanks for replying. The biopsy was about £350.
    Did you have success after your biopsy?

Hi Jenso thanks for replying with details of your letter, did you have success after the biopsy or is that on your profile your recent cycle results?
    It's so frustrating isn't it? Are you doing another cycle?
    X