* Author Topic: Professor Quenby  (Read 69772 times)

0 Members

Offline Mtntn

• Un-Ranked
modify
Professor Quenby
« Reply #970 on: 19/02/20, 07:09 »
Hi all

Iím eager to hear about this too. Would be so interested to see if anyone is prescribing Januvia/Sitagliptin after the trial. I asked my own doctor and showed him the trial, however he said it was too early and that more research needs to be done.

Fingers crossed it helps :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pv7882

modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #971 on: 19/02/20, 16:02 »
    Hi all, i managed to get a consultation with Quenby last week. With regards to the SIMPLANT trial, she is now looking for funds to run it on a bigger audience. So she ll not be prescribing sitagliptin unless the trial is proved on a larger number of people. I'm very disappointed, so still looking to know if any other consultant prescribes it.

In the meantime, she is now running another trial called CERM (Chronic Endometritis and Recurrent Miscarriage). Endometritis is the inflammation of the lining of the womb.they check this by taking a biopsy and then giving a course of antibiotics (doxycycline) or placebo. Its open for 2 years so anybody can participate.

Offline Mtntn

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Professor Quenby
    « Reply #972 on: 19/02/20, 16:14 »
    Hi all, i managed to get a consultation with Quenby last week. With regards to the SIMPLANT trial, she is now looking for funds to run it on a bigger audience. So she ll not be prescribing sitagliptin unless the trial is proved on a larger number of people. I'm very disappointed, so still looking to know if any other consultant prescribes it.

In the meantime, she is now running another trial called CERM (Chronic Endometritis and Recurrent Miscarriage). Endometritis is the inflammation of the lining of the womb.they check this by taking a biopsy and then giving a course of antibiotics (doxycycline) or placebo. Its open for 2 years so anybody can participate.

Hi Pv7882.
    Thanks for the the update.  Really interesting to hear.  Don't feel so bad now if she herself is not prescribing it.  My doctor was a definite no.  I asked one of the consultants in Zita West and he wouldn't prescribe it either. 
    It is always stressful to think that it might be proven down the line and yet we can't take advantage of it. 

Thanks again for the update.
    Mtntn