* Author Topic: Agnus castus making me bleed. Need advice.  (Read 1998 times)

0 Members

Offline E.T.

• Un-Ranked
modify
Agnus castus making me bleed. Need advice.
« on: 31/01/16, 12:37 »
I have pcos and don't ovulate. I've taken agnus castus a few times in the past but ended up stopping it as it makes me bleed. I thought this was just a coincidence but I decided to try again this week and again started bleeding within 24 hours! I swear this stuff is more potent than the provera I take occasionally to bring on a period!
Is this normal to have such an extremely fast reaction to it? I don't know whether to stop taking it or just keep taking it in the hope it will help with ovulation. It's not just spotting, it's full blown heavy bleeding! I've googled but can't find anyone else that seems to have this extreme reaction. I'm surprised it does this to me as it's just a herbal thing!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bobo66

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 31/01/16, 23:15 »
    Hello E.T.!

Agnus Castus did strange things for me too. It's 3.5 years ago now so I can't remember exactly what happened - I think I bled as soon as I stopped taking the Agnus Castus. Are you meant to take it until ovulation?

I have polycystic ovaries (possibly undiagnosed PCOS) and don't ovulate. Herbal stuff can be powerful!

Offline Haydan

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 1/02/16, 12:40 »
    Are you able to call your GP / fertility clinic to ask their advice? Or if you got the agnus castus from a Herbalist can you ask them?

Offline Ibbi

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 19/03/17, 20:05 »
    According to this naturopath (expert on female hormones) you should not take Agnus Castus (also called Vitex) if you have PCOS. She has a fantastic blog here. http://www.larabriden.com/vitex-for-period-problems/ I can also very much recommend her book "Period Repair Manual".