* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12626 times)

0 Members

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
  • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« on: 4/02/16, 20:06 »
Hello ladies  :)

This is your new thread for all chat related to cervical incompetence.

The old thread is locked but you can still find it here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=227018.0

Thank you and good luck  ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Cloudy - FF Moderator

Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline fififi

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 5/02/16, 03:15 »
    Bookmarking

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 5/02/16, 06:12 »
    Same here

Offline futuresbright

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 16/02/16, 07:45 »
    I was admitted yesterday at 24+3 with suspected fluid loss due to some clear liquid found pooling on speculum. Having scan today to check fluid levels.
    Had a steroid shot last night for babys lungs and having another today in case baby comes  :'( feeling very low right now :'(

Offline kerryh

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 16/02/16, 15:45 »
    Futuresbright I'm so sorry. I really hope the scan goes ok. The same thing happened to me at 18weeks, fluid seen pooling on speculum exam and I carried my daughter to full term with no other complications. I really hope it will be ok for you  ^pray^

Offline fififi

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 16/02/16, 16:03 »
    F B - thinking of you & hoping today brings good news  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline nashipai

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 16/02/16, 17:19 »
    Dear Futuresbright

What you are experiencing is unfair and cruel of life  ^hugme^ I am so sorry to read this is happening.  You are brave and courageous enough to get through this. Your love for your baby will help you .. in this pregnancy when I am anxious and scared I tell my baby I am sorry for sharing my stress with him and talk to him. It calms me down, not to the point of normality but enough so it chases the dark thoughts into the shadows for a time...

In my first pregnancy my waters broke at 13 weeks, it was not a leak but a gush and I had olighydraminos.  The fluid levels righted themselves in 2 weeks. The pregnancy did not end well but it was NOT to do with the loss of fluid.  The advice I received was to rest up and drink lots of fluid, no lifting, gentle walking close to home. I hope the professionals around you have been able to give you good advice  ^hugme^

I was not diagnosed with a short or incompetent cervix and no cause could be found for my fluid loss.  In this pregnancy I have taken progesterone suppositories up to 34 weeks. This is on the advice of a private obstetrician after assessment of my obstetric history.  There is a clinical trial in their use taking place in the NHS it is called Opptimum.

What I can say to help you believe in your strength and how I know just how much you love your baby is those steroid shots really hurt and not one complaint from you about this and believe me many mum's beg not to be given them .... this is how I know you are already fighting for your baby .... and that your focus is all about your baby .... you and your baby are in this together and your baby's belief in you will never be in question so take his lead, deep breath and survive this moment by moment ..... everything you feel right now you have a right to feel but it is all eclipsed by the love you have for your baby even though it probably does not feel like it.

I am wishing for you good luck and a positive outcome ...  I hope the scan offered some reassurance  ^hugme^

Take care and be gentle to the 2 of you xxxxxxxx

Nashipai xxxxxxxx  ^hugme^

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 16/02/16, 19:09 »
    Thinking of you Futures  ^hugme^  ^reiki^  ^pray^

Xxx

Offline RB76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 16/02/16, 19:21 »
    Futures bright, I very much hope your baby does not come early but having given birth at 24 weeks please feel free to PM me if that's what happens x

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 16/02/16, 20:49 »
    F B
    Everything crossed that baby stays put for a few more weeks. 
    TCCx