* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12625 times)

0 Members

Offline chiffchaff

• Un-Ranked
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« Reply #100 on: 18/09/17, 07:27 »
Thank you for your reply tin can cat.

I am trying to put forward these C section complications as I certainly did not know of them before I got them!

Yes I am having it investigated. I just hope I don't have to have a hysterectomy to put it right.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline beachbaby

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 18/09/17, 14:32 »
    Chiffchaff, I didn't have a Tac. I did however have a c-section due to having twins and the fact that we are not allowed to go to term (40 weeks), i was induced at 38 weeks exactly after this failed i was scheduled for a c-section. The whole operation was a success but 3 hours later i had started bleeding and ended up with a hysterectomy 7 hours after having my twins. As with all surgery's there are risks and drs do not know who will have complications during or after and this is a risk we have to take.
    I hope you are able to move forward from this and not dwell too much on the past. Good luck

Offline chiffchaff

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 18/09/17, 14:46 »
    Thanks beach baby. I take it you're not having problems related to your C Section then?

I understand some women have no choice especially if they're carrying twins, but I would not have needed a C Section were it not for the TAC. I think there's a few women out there who might be the same?

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 20/09/17, 13:47 »
    Hi chiffchaff

I'm sorry that you've experienced some issues following your birth.  As members of a fertility forum and in particular the loss area us ladies have been through hell of a lot, its so hard at times isn't it?  No one here would have a TAC unless absolutely necessary nor would it be performed so there's no need to urge caution about them.

I know personally I'd spent so many years trying to get pregnant then loosing our precious babies I'd not dared believe I'd get to a stage where we'd take a baby home or really thought about the after effects birth has on your body. The birth of my still born son was very different to that of my rainbow in so many ways, it turned into an emergency, there was a lot of trauma and it's taken a long while to recover from but ultimately my baby is here with us now so it's worth it. 

Something else to consider is counselling as its common to suffer from PTSD after a difficult birth.

Take care

Dory
    Xx

Offline chiffchaff

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 20/09/17, 18:00 »
    Thanks Dory I appreciate your reply.

I just wanted to make sure others understood the risks associated with a c section. I have had no problems related to the TAC. I have made those risks clear so others on here can make a very educated decision. I've had my say so I will leave it at that.

Hope that is ok.

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 21/09/17, 15:43 »
    Hello everyone  :)

Due to a complaint I've removed several posts, if you need to know whether or not any doctor or health care professional is still practising you need to contact the relevant hospitals directly.

Many Thanks

Dory
    Xx

Offline chiffchaff

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #106 on: 5/05/18, 10:26 »
    Jut an update to say my problems were all related to the menopause and nothing to do with c section! I'm going through a very early one  :(  :'(

Any who be sure to get things properly investigated rather than go with ladys advice on symptoms on the net as you may think things are a lot worse than they actually are.

Offline LJ82

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 8/12/19, 14:58 »
    Hello all,
    Stumbled across this thread having been posting on the Cyprus forums following successful IVF treatment in Dogus.
    Quick background, my partner is 41 and currently 13 + 5 weeks pregnant with twins using donor eggs. She’s lost 2 boys previously, one with a heart defect as a complication with Downs Syndrome (born at 37 weeks, 20 years ago) and the second when her waters broke at 23 weeks, approx 10 years back (perfectly healthy).
    We’ve a meeting with the consultant in two days and am after a bit of advice with regards to what to ask. Due to the last loss we are absolutely terrified the same will happen this time round, especially with the added risk of twins. Is there anything the NHS may be able to offer to help? I was going to ask whether a cervical stitch, and pessaries are an option, however after some reading it looks like they’re unlikely to do so as there’s no evidence to suggest it’s successful when carrying twins??!!
    We’ve had some bleeding at 8 weeks, and again at 12 weeks due to a subchorionic haematoma, luckily all was okay on both scans.
    Any advice would be much appreciated, stress levels are currently through the roof!!

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 8/12/19, 16:30 »
    I had transabdominal cerclage (TAC) plus cervical suture and both held but for one of my twin boys the placenta wasn't functioning so they ended up being delivered early by planned C-section.  The stitches were inserted at 12 weeks and my cervix had already started to soften so I'd never have got much further.  A friend who delivered at 24 weeks subsequently delivered next baby at term using arabin pessary.  There are things which can be done so do ask particularly about cervical length measurements.
    TCCx

Offline LJ82

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 9/12/19, 09:34 »
    Thank you TCC.
    I’ll be sure to ask about measuring length of cervix.
    The Arabin Pessary sounds very promising, although it’s on being trialled for twin pregnancies it seems. I may look into a private consultation and procedure if there’s no luck with the NHS 🤞