* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12607 times)

0 Members

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
  • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« Reply #20 on: 26/02/16, 19:08 »
Thinking of you  ^hugme^

xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 26/02/16, 19:25 »
     ^hugme^ Xxx

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 26/02/16, 19:26 »
     ^hugme^ F B
    You are a bit further along.  Every day counts at this gestation.  Hope baby stays put longer.
    Keep us posted
    TCCx

Offline futuresbright

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 26/02/16, 19:49 »
    Thank you ladies  ^hugme^

Offline RB76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 27/02/16, 19:54 »
    Sorry to read this Futures Bright, what TCC says is so true though, it's great every extra day at this stage, 26 weeks so much better than 24.
    I know just how scary it is and will be thinking of you. Keep us updated x

Offline Bethjenkins

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 1/03/16, 15:40 »
    Hi everyone,
    I am new to this forum and forums generally, so bear with me please!
    I lost twins last year to cervical incompetence and have been on a journey since to get over the grief and I have been researching cerclages for the future, if I am fortunate again to fall pregnant.
    From what I have read TAC is the safest stitch but I wonder about long term adverse symptoms with a permanent stitch. Tincancat have you had any symptoms post TAC and I have read you have had a good experience with Nick Wales? Can anyone else recommend Nick Wales and what sort of questions are good to ask in my first consultation? Also be grateful to hear from others re any post TAC symptoms (long term)
    So appreciate having somewhere to go with my questions, don't feel so alone.
    Beth x

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 1/03/16, 23:26 »
    Hi Beth
    Sorry yet another set of twins didn't make it. 
    Yes I had TAC with Nick Wales.  I had adhesions where my bowel was stuck to the inside wall of my abdomen.  These caused me some bother during pregnancy initially with bowel cramping but I didn't know the cause until found at c-section.  However I believe they were basically there before because I'd had previous surgery to remove an ovary when I was in my 20s.  Nick said things were a bit of a mess when he went in and I think that's what he meant.  At c-section another surgeon had to come in to separate the adhesions.  I already had a c-section style scar from the ovary removal so another scar from TAC  didn't trouble me.  Overall then no on-going issues with a TAC.  Nick Wales likes to do them before you become pregnant again.  I also had am occlusion stitch put in at the same time.  This one gave me the bother with bleeding on and off however it's removed at c-section.
    Hope you are starting to move forward with life.
    TCCx

Offline Bethjenkins

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 3/03/16, 19:41 »
    Thanks Tincancat,
    It helps to know you are living quite happily with your TAC and you were happy with your treatment from Nick. I am trying to get information together so that I make the right decision and this forum is great for reaching out,
    Take care Beth xx

Offline fififi

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 3/03/16, 22:15 »
    Beth, sorry to read of your loss.
    I had cervical stitch rather than TAC so can't help with your questions but just wanted to wish you luck for future. Getting pregnant again after a loss is hard and even more so when you need to prepare your body for pregnancy.

Oodles of baby dust xxxx

PS. When you are  pg there's a thread in fertility friends called "pregnant after loss". It was invaluable to me when pg as normal forums everyone just takes each day as it comes not realising that for angel mummies there's lots of milestones along the way that take a huge amount of emotional energy to reach and get through

Offline futuresbright

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 17/03/16, 11:34 »
    Hi ladies

So after all the cervical issues my little rainbow Matilda Elizabeth was born yesterday 16.03.16 via c section due to complications from pre eclampsia that I developed she was born at 28 weeks +5 days but weighted a tiny 1pound 8oz due to placenta issues. She is in neonatal and we have a long journey ahead but and doing ok all things considered just taking it a day/hour a time.