* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12601 times)

0 Members

Offline fififi

• Gold Member
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« Reply #30 on: 17/03/16, 13:10 »
Congratulations

Beautiful name & I'm sure you will all be together soon.
28 weeks is a tricky one but I met number of ladies with babies born around then and difference after few weeks on neonatal is huge. Really hope she makes steady progress and you can start being proper family soon.

PS there's board on FF for prem babies that might help you xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline RB76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 17/03/16, 13:44 »
    You did well to get that far Futures, congrats, do PM me if you want x

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #32 on: 17/03/16, 15:31 »
    F B that's brilliant news Matilda arrived at 28 weeks.  To get those extra 4 weeks will have given her a much better start than at 24 weeks gestation when you posted initially.  You were right to have your concerns early on and I'm delighted you got there in the end.   I've met a number of babies who do well at 28 weeks and if she's anything like my Titch having such a hard time inside makes them tough little things. Titch's much more robust health wise than his bigger brother Chunk.  Come and join us on the prem babies thread if you want.
    TCCx

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 17/03/16, 16:31 »
    I'm so glad to hear you and the lovely Matilda are doing as well as you can be. Like all the ladies on here I am sending loads of love your way for the hard (but rewarding) road ahead  ^hugme^

thinking of you xxx

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 18/03/16, 07:23 »
    So glad you and little Matilda are doing ok  ^hugme^  Sending you both lots of love and strength over the next months.  Take care & you will both be in my thoughts xxx

Offline Lofty

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 25/03/16, 10:35 »

From what I have read TAC is the safest stitch but I wonder about long term adverse symptoms with a permanent stitch.

Hi Beth

Another newbie.

Can I ask is what makes you think a perm stitch could create long term adverse symptoms?

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 25/03/16, 11:43 »
    Hi Lofty
    A TAC involves an incision in the abdomen similar to CS so it rather substantial abdominal surgery.  Any abdominal surgery can cause adhesions where the bowel can stick together.  Often adhesions are not a problem but for some people they can be painful.  Plus a TAC is basically a foreign body in the abdomen and with anything 'foriegn' there is a risk of infection and reaction.  These are possible and rare complications.
    TCCx

Offline Lofty

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 25/03/16, 17:11 »
    Thank you TCC.

So is this right -

Abdo surgery can cause the long term adverse symptoms of adhesions.

A perm stitch called a TAC can cause short term reaction and infection.

But my understanding was that Beth was asking if a TAC stitch can cause any long term adverse symptoms? Is that right Beth? Or have I misunderstood?

Based on your answer though TCC I'm pretty much certain now to have a keyhole TAC done in my home country (USA).

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 25/03/16, 17:15 »
    Key hole or laproscopic which is the technical term would reduce risk of adhesions. 
    TCCx

Offline Lofty

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 26/03/16, 06:39 »
    Thanks again TCCx.

Bethjenkins -  are there any long term adverse symptoms associated with the actual stitch itself (TAC) being in the body on a perm basis that you can think of and what are they?

Has anyone had a TAC removed?