* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12603 times)

0 Members

Offline Lofty

• Un-Ranked
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« Reply #40 on: 9/04/16, 10:15 »
From the fact there's been no replies I think we can gather there's no reason to have a TAC removed once your family is completed  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 9/04/16, 22:11 »
    Hi Lofty
    I told them they could take it out while they were doing the C section but they were happy to leave it be.  It's not causing any problems.
    TCCx

Offline Lofty

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 10/04/16, 09:42 »
    Hi TCC

That's very reassuring to know.

I found out some more info last night.

You also have the option to have the TAC removed before going into labour in order to have a vaginal birth. I know some women are really anti a cs so that would be interesting news for them. Obviously you would need to be 100% certain you had completed your family if you were to do that.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 10/04/16, 16:43 »
    Then that would mean more surgery just before delivery.  Can't see the point in risking surgery just before delivery.
    TCCx

Offline Lofty

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 10/04/16, 18:38 »
    Good point TCC.

Offline Lofty

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 11/04/16, 19:50 »
    Done more digging and it seems the consensus is as you said TCC, it's far too risky to have the TAC removed before birth in order to have a natural one.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 11/04/16, 20:00 »
    You would still have the option to have it removed at c-section if your wish is not for it to stay forever.
    TCCx

Offline Lofty

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 14/05/16, 11:29 »
    Thanks TCCx

Hi Beth,

How are you getting on? Have you had your TAC?

Offline Highlander2016

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 22/05/16, 19:24 »
    I might be able to help you Beth. I've had a TAC for over 4 years now without any adverse symptoms. In fact I recently had a well woman pelvic scan (something I do every 5 years or so to make sure all is well) and everything was normal. In fact the sonographer pointed out my TAC to me on the screen as she didn't know what it was!

Hope that helps I have absolutely no regrets.

Offline Tomtom123

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 29/05/16, 09:39 »
    Hello. I've been referred to Nick Wales at Chelsea and Westminster hospital. I'm 9 wks pregnant and have shortened cervix from Pricedural damage after twin pregnancy loss in Jan. Cervix is open a bit at external side and 25cm. Just wanted to know what to expect. I'm worried about infection from a procedure as pregnancy loss was most probably due to undetected infection and loss of amniotic fluid. But also terrified of bed rest and constant worry for 7 months. I heard he does a stitch that other consultants don't do. Two stitched instead of one. Anyone had experience of this. Ive been told that doing it at 12 wks before any funnelling starts has much higher success rates. I have one successful pregnancy/ natural birth to term.