* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12600 times)

0 Members

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« Reply #60 on: 31/05/16, 21:53 »
Tomtom I had the occlusion stitch with the TAC as I had it done in pregnancy.  It is indeed to close the cervix off tightly to help prevent infection.  Not sure if it's same as Germany tho.  I didn't need to take anything to prevent infection with it.  I just used Lactacyd wash to help maintain the correct pH in that area.  Occlusion stitch is removed at c-section so your periods have an escape route afterwards!

Hello Goinggreek - only a few surgeons can perform the TAC operation.  It's normally offered to ladies after a failed TVC as in Royal College of Obstetrician guidelines.  However Nic Wales takes account of your history and will offer it without you having to endure a failed TVC if he thinks you need a TAC. I had my TAC in pregnancy but most ladies have it before then wait a couple months before IVF.  Occlusion stitch is then put in by Nic Wales once you are pregnant.  A TAC is a major operation and you need time to recover.  After a TAC you need a c-section whereas a TVC is removed before delivery and so vaginal delivery is possible.
TCCx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline GoingGreek

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 1/06/16, 19:24 »
    I've been referred to Kim Hinshaw but they are saying to me that he doesn't have any new patient appointments.

I'm really tempted to contact the GP tomorrow and change the referral over to Nick Wales who said he can see me within the next 4 weeks.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 1/06/16, 19:55 »
    Go for it Going Greek.  If you want to consider TAC vs TVC then he's the man to go through what's best for you based on your history.
    TCCx

Offline Highlander2016

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 2/06/16, 11:02 »
    Ladies it's so nice to see you supporting and advising each other. Back when I lost my baby there was nothing like this. No one advised me where to go or who to see. Keep up the good work TCC.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 2/06/16, 14:09 »
    Highlander my experience was similar in 2001.  If my marriage hadn't fallen apart after losing my first boys then I'd have unwittingly gone ahead with more fertility treatment and most likely have lost more babies.  A TAC was clearly what I needed when Nic Wales placed the occlusion stitch whilst I was pregnant. The loss of integral structure to my cervix before pregnancy could not truly be known.  Based on my history Nic Wales advised me correctly and gave my boys the best chance.  Without the ladies on here I'd have never known about a TAC. 

There was an Obstetrician in the hospital where I was initially booked who did TAC but despite seeing him before treatment and early pregnancy he never told me about it only the TVC.  After what Nic Wales found in pregnancy I knew I'd gone down the right path. 

People don't talk about loss of children and often it's ignorance about what to say.  Some people would rather cross the road than speak to me after I lost my boys.  It was tough time because it was obvious to everyone I had been pregnant when I'd lost them.  You think you are safe after 12 weeks.  At the time never realised so many ladies lose babies so late in the UK and there is virtually no recognition of what emotionally traumatic experience it is. 

Where are you in your journey Highlander?
    TCCx

Offline Hbkmorris

• Gold Member
    • I am a Mummy to my angel Phoenix x
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 2/06/16, 14:48 »
    Hiya,

I echo everything that TCC has said. Without her help I'd of never known of a TAC let alone Nick Wales. You are my angel TCC  ^hugme^

Sadly when my waters broke at 20 weeks I knew things were not going to end well for my precious son. He was born some 4 days later and after discussing with TCC I got referred by my GP to see Nick.. He went through everything with me and straight away accepting me with a TAC with no hesitation. I had it done in December 2015. Sadly I'm still trying to get pregnant again but one thing is for sure.. I'd not go with just a TVC if I was pregnant again and so pleased I've everything in place now with a TAC for my hopeful happy ending.

Wish you all the very best of luck and if I was in these shoes again I'd defiantly get referred to Nick for a consultation. xx

Offline GoingGreek

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 3/06/16, 16:06 »
    Has anyone had the TAC placed in pregnancy? I'm worried I might struggle to conceive post TAC xx

Offline Hbkmorris

• Gold Member
    • I am a Mummy to my angel Phoenix x
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 3/06/16, 16:09 »
    TCC did GoingGreek, but when I went to see Nick Wales he'd only accept me if I had it done prior to trying again. xx

Offline GoingGreek

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 4/06/16, 12:40 »
    I will have to wait and see what he says on the 13th of June then.

I was thinking that he might let me have IVF in Serum first before the TAC. I'm terrified it won't work again but also terrified if I get a TAC before pregnancy, IVF won't work.

xx

Offline tarot

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 4/06/16, 13:08 »
    Thankyou Ladies for your advice earlier this week.

I had my cervical scan yesterday and all looks fine. Measuring 3.5 and no funnelling although she did explain this is only a snapshot at this time and not a gaurantee things won't change. Is it advisable to have another in a few weeks do you think?
    She said they wouldn't check me on NHS as I hadn't had a previous loss.

GoingGreek..... I so hope you find a plan you are happy with. The 13th isn't far away .... I hope it helps. Look after you for now..xxx