* Author Topic: Cervical Incompetance - Part Two  (Read 12602 times)

0 Members

Offline fififi

• Gold Member
modify
Cervical Incompetance - Part Two
« Reply #70 on: 4/06/16, 14:47 »
That's great news Tarot
How many weeks are you now?
If cervical length 3.5 in early second trimester it's unlikely to become an issue. For peace of mind you might want to consider another scan in 4 weeks time but if that's ok then put those fears to bed. Plus internal scans have infection risks compared with external ones so minimal scans advisable. When you have a normal scan depending on position at time they should be able to check cervix looking ok.

Hoping your pregnancy continues full of happy news xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tarot

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 4/06/16, 15:36 »
    Thankyou Fififi  :)

I am 19 weeks now. Really appreciate you advice especially re infection. I won't over do the scans! Xx

Offline fififi

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 4/06/16, 19:47 »
    Yeah - nearly at the half way mark!
    Keep us posted with how things progress & whether you find out sex at next scan x

Offline GoingGreek

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 14/06/16, 11:37 »
    My appointment went really well. Nick Wales is going to help me thank god!

He said my cervix was only 1cm  :( I'm only 3 weeks post my son being born sleeping tomorrow.... surely it will get longer?

Offline Highlander2016

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 14/06/16, 12:26 »
    Hi TCC,

I had a pre pregnancy TAC with Nick Wales.

I've since had two babies (twins) via IVF and a surprise baby the natural way.

For anyone unsure I highly recommend the TAC.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 14/06/16, 22:04 »
    Highlander it's great reassurance for the ladies here a pre-pregnancy TAC does work.  I think there has been some worries TAC can hinder success in IVF.  Not sure where this concern has originated from as TAC doesn't affect inside of the uterus everything is carried out outside of the uterus so shouldn't affect anything going on inside, such as implantation, at a later date.  Nick Wales can better explain and reassure any such concerns.

Goinggreek so pleased you are to get the help you need. 
    TCCx

Offline Highlander2016

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 15/06/16, 08:41 »
    I feel very sorry for anyone who is having trouble conceiving after having a TAC but I'm certain it isn't due to that.

There's a site called Abbyloopers that is just for cervical incompetence and you will see thousands and thousands of women who've had babies after having a pre pregnancy TAC on there. It's where I found out about Nick Wales. I had to search and search and pull a lot of hair out so it's marvellous that you're offering ladies advice on here about who to see and where to go. The last thing you need after losing a baby is to feel totally lost and bewildered about how to prevent it happening again as I did at first.

Offline Tomtom123

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 22/06/16, 10:54 »
    Hello. I thought I'd update where I'm at. I had a high cervical stitch placed yesterday and an occlusion stitch under GA. I was home the same day. Apparently it went well. I'm in quite a bit of pain when I pee and a tiny bit of spotting. Should subside in a few days. I'm taking it easy for a few days and on tender hooks about infection. I'm taking antibiotics so nothing else I can do at this stage but wait and pray this works.
    Consultant doesn't think I have a truly IC but cervix short after last 2nd tri loss and subsequent procedure in jan 16. Most likely caused by infection.

Offline MJS24

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 22/06/16, 13:42 »
    Hello,

I hope no one minds me joining this thread, it was the only one I could find regarding cervix issues.

I am currently 6.5 weeks pregnant with a singleton after my 4th IVF cycle and worrying about everything!!

I had loop treatment (I think that is what it is called anyway, where they burn off the pre-cancerous cells) and a biopsy on my cervix about 5 years ago and I believe this can cause pre-term labour.  Do any of you know if there is anything I should be doing at this stage or anything I can do later to help prevent this? 

I have my first midwife appointment in a few weeks so I will discuss my concerns then but often this site can be more reliable than the NHS (!) so any advice/help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

MJS x

Offline fififi

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 22/06/16, 16:38 »
    Hi MJS - congratulations

Hopefully you won't need a stitch but definitely ensure you have a cervical length scan between 14 & 18 weeks. Different nhs trusts do them at different times but if you've an option the earlier time will help reassure quicker. Because of you cervical history you should be put automatically under consultant led care but if that doesn't happen ask your midwife to request it